Sign in to follow this  
-martin-

Taviana Island for ArmA 2!

Outstanding, simply amazing!

But wait! What's that airplane in the first two pics? :eek:

I want it so bad! :D

But wait! What's that airplane in the first two pics? :eek:

It's a ЯК-42 (Yak-42) from the Wings of Peace addon.

You can download the pack from the link bellow - it’s about 150MB and there are Eastern planes and Western planes like the Boeing.

http://narod.ru/disk/16391347001/WingsOfPeace_v.0.15.7z.html

For those who can't read Cryllic, follow these screenshots with instructions to download:

Step 1:

step_1.jpg

Step 2:

step_2.jpg

It would be good if some site like armaholic hosted this because it’s a really good addon and the only download that I found for it was in the description of a youtube video :sad:

It's early November now, where is the beta? :D

Oh s... how do I get out of this one :whistle: Just kidding, I was hoping to get it done by November but stuff keeps coming up and slowing me down so I guess we will have to wait a few more weeks, but its definitely worth it. Better to release a fully working Beta then a buggy one.

No, another thing I'm interested in - these cable cars, you made them moving or 'just' static objects?

Nah they are just static for now, although it probably won’t be hard for someone who’s good in scripting to make them work I’m a complete newbie in that so I can’t do it myself. But I will ask some friends about this, or if you know anyone, just tell them to PM me :wink_o:

Edited by -Martin-

Loving the look of the new pictures, the detail on the map is phenomenal!

Edited by Lolsagna

Hmm, the ariport and other pics aren't showing up, at least not for me. Have they been taken down?

Oh s... how do I get out of this one :whistle: Just kidding, I was hoping to get it done by November but stuff keeps coming up and slowing me down so I guess we will have to wait a few more weeks, but its definitely worth it. Better to release a fully working Beta then a buggy one.

Indeed, no need to rush things. Take your time. :)

Nah they are just static for now, although it probably won’t be hard for someone who’s good in scripting to make them work I’m a complete newbie in that so I can’t do it myself. But I will ask some friends about this, or if you know anyone, just tell them to PM me :wink_o:

Expected that. Alright, we'll see if someone can make them move somehow, someday. Would be cool for sure.

Hmm, the ariport and other pics aren't showing up, at least not for me. Have they been taken down?

Hmm looks like there is a problem with the hosting website :sad: I've re-uploaded the images with another service, see if they work now, they work alright here on my PC.

EDIT: For anyone else that had this problem, go back 1 page to see the new pictures.

Edited by -Martin-
Added some more info

Very nice work, original island, nice concept! good work :)

You are probably already aware of this but the SARMAT Russian Architecture pack has some eastern themed objects that might suit your map

What’s up everyone? I'm still working hard and I have a few new screenshots to share with you :smile:

Progress on the BETA: 80% completed

So first of all, I would like to congratulate myself on finishing the first port on Taviana, port "Molotovsk".

2khbs3qr4eq0ck582dqj_thumb.jpg

The ferris wheel in the town (This town is a popular tourist destination in the summer as it has a large beach by the sea and a second large beach around lake Umag on the other side).

n0hvg9ibf4dn8odpm4_thumb.jpg

A look at the town from the sea (the grey building is something like a plaza with stairs that take you down from the town to the beach. You can sit there, look at the sea etc...)

f62o2owdnwroswofbzu_thumb.jpg

The forest beside the town.

dl8rpi6396vy74kudb9c_thumb.jpg

A look at the town from a radio transmitter tower on a hill in the forest.

8p65t7dvwfhpf02s65yr_thumb.jpg

Now here is the port, here we see a navy patrol ship that has docked.

g40vlka2w9fzgxk9s5fj_thumb.jpg

A look at the port from the sea, it’s quite a small port usually used for light cargo.

i4nsrytk5do1mmftiwx_thumb.jpg

A look at the port in the distance from Molotovsk.

Hope you like the screenshots, more coming soon and please don't forget to comment. good.gif

It just keeps getting better and better! Top quality screenshots as usual cheers Martin! :D

Same, can't believe the beta is at 80%!

Too fast or slow? biggrin.gif Personally for me it’s too slow but what can we do, I won't give up this project until its done.

Also regarding your PM, I've seen it and I will add your suggestions about the trees to the last few cities that I will be working on this week. So watch for the next screenshots good.gif I was a bit too busy to reply so just thought I'd let you know here if I'm already posting on the forums. blush.gif

Edited by -Martin-

Looking good there martin.

For the last 20% of the beta, Pleeeeeeease animate the ferris wheel and make it so we can get in it :-D

One nitpick - On the 6th screen, is a seaport supposed to be as isolated as this? It's sitting at the foot of some woody hill, with no major road leading to it. One would expect the cargo trucks to be going in and out with all those containers there.

But I'm not complaining, nor do I intend to slow the progress down with my suggestions. Do carry on, it's already a lot of fun as it is ;)

One nitpick - On the 6th screen, is a seaport supposed to be as isolated as this? It's sitting at the foot of some woody hill, with no major road leading to it. One would expect the cargo trucks to be going in and out with all those containers there.

But I'm not complaining, nor do I intend to slow the progress down with my suggestions. Do carry on, it's already a lot of fun as it is ;)

Hey Topas,

It's not isolated there is a road leading to it but it goes through the forest so you can't see it because of the trees. This is just a small port so I didn’t make any fancy road to it, the other big ports will be different. :wink_o:

Martin, I really do appreciate you considering my request, thanks mate! :)

As for the progress, it's neither too slow nor too fast just a pleasant surprise to see you've reached this point already. Island looks better with each update, keep up the good work!

I don't want to sound nit-picky either, but I hope your biggest harbors are not isolated. Make a four-lane road if possible to your largest harbor, if you can, but it can also depend upon the location that you put the largest harbor. Also, I hope by large you don't mean the Chernarus harbor. I hope you will use the best of your abilities to make it quite larger than that, but if you can't, I understand.

Another thing, you actually may have some competition.

The Cook City project looks damn good, but by the looks of it, looks completely urban, which means your map will still be more dynamic. You also seem to be spending so much time on your map, which is a good thing. Then why do I say there is competition? I say this because instead of being mostly rural like most other maps(with the exception of yours), they went in the completely other direction. This opens the door to a whole bunch of new possibilities. However, so does your map, so we will see if the cook city project can even come close. I know that this really isn't about competition, even though I just sort of said it is, but just though I'd let you know, so perhaps that it is a good thing that there is a possibility of more than just one good map for Arma.

I don't want to sound nit-picky either, but I hope your biggest harbors are not isolated. Make a four-lane road if possible to your largest harbor, if you can, but it can also depend upon the location that you put the largest harbor. Also, I hope by large you don't mean the Chernarus harbor. I hope you will use the best of your abilities to make it quite larger than that, but if you can't, I understand.

The Cook City project looks damn good, but by the looks of it, looks completely urban, which means your map will still be more dynamic. You also seem to be spending so much time on your map, which is a good thing. Then why do I say there is competition? I say this because instead of being mostly rural like most other maps(with the exception of yours), they went in the completely other direction. This opens the door to a whole bunch of new possibilities. However, so does your map, so we will see if the cook city project can even come close. I know that this really isn't about competition, even though I just sort of said it is, but just though I'd let you know, so perhaps that it is a good thing that there is a possibility of more than just one good map for Arma.

lol WUT?

Two different maps, two different ideas. One is western, one is eastern. I doubt the gent has any intention in changing his map to fit the Western city look..

put up or shut up I say, modding is a hobby not a sport.

Edited by Fox '09