Sign in to follow this  
-martin-

Taviana Island for ArmA 2!

Few issues so far: Some paa files cannot be opened, I get this for borje.paa, an arrow.paa and a p3d file.

When the main menu video gets to the underground station I CTD, don't lag or anything just straight CTD.

Love the main menu video and a great map.

Edited by gotrek

Hello everyone,

Long time since I've done an update because I've been very busy lately... It’s that time of year again. But I have done some work on the island and half of the second big city is now complete. Only one half remains and the island will be 3/4 done!

Here are some screenies:

skr1.jpg skr2.jpg skr3.jpg skr4.jpg skr5.jpg skr6.jpg skr7.jpg skr8.jpg skr9.jpg

What vehicle is that in the last pic?

It's a ÐœÐЗ 503 (MAZ 503) :smile:

Finally downloaded and flew a chopper around this girl - it's really a work of art!

a MAZ? WHere dou have it from? LandwirtschaftsSimulator? (it would be cool to have some vehicles and stuff ported from it one day, certainly wood make the countryside a much more interesting place).

Anyway; on topic; update as good as the previous ones; one thing that cought my attention; the amount of propaganda on the streets - I bet even Korea does not have so much and would be put to shame by Taviana :P Which is good, provides a solid sense of atmosphere.

Hi Martin

Been having some fun with Kremator's port to Taviana beta of ZK's Battlezone. Wow, I think it's only when one starts playing that the real beauty of this island hits one (at least, until you start blowing it up!).

Found a couple of bugs & I'm not sure whether these are ones that you already know about (e.g., an invisible barrier across one of the exits from the capital's central square). Is there a bug list somewhere that I can check against to avoid duplicating previous posts?

Cheers

Orcinus

New screens look great Martin. The island is already great and getting better.

Martin,

Is the airport functional? The reason I ask is that I tried to get aircraft to use the taxiway, but they refused, preferring to go across country!

Martin,

Is the airport functional? The reason I ask is that I tried to get aircraft to use the taxiway, but they refused, preferring to go across country!

Gonna look in to that :wink_o:

Those screens looked awsome! , So Sabina IS'NT the biggest city on Tavania?

Sabina is still, for the time being the largest city on the island.

Hello everyone,

Just to let you know, I am not dead and Taviana is not dead too. I've just been extremely busy but nevertheless I have made huge progress on the island... 3/4 are now done and the second BETA is nearly ready to be released, depending on how busy I will be in the near future. But apart from that, let me show you how busy I've been!

The port of Dalnogorsk...

screenie1.jpg

screenie2.jpg

The port of Dalnogorsk under siege...

screenie3.jpg

The town of Dalnogorsk (Meaning "The far away town"), South of the port... Anyone remember this town from somewhere?

screenie4.jpg

A valley

screenie_5.jpg

The city of Sevastopol'

screenie_6.jpg

Sevastopol' square

screenie7.jpg

Sevastopol' train station, based on the main station in Kiev, Ukraine... I haven't textured this model yet....

screenie9.jpg

The front of the station... Based on Pragues main station

screenie8.jpg

Inside... Some of my retextured OSShDY train carriages

screenie10.jpg

I didn't texture the inside yet too

screenie12.jpg

So romantic...

screenie11.jpg

Lepestok (meaning "petal/leaf")... The second largest city on the island

screenie13.jpg

The highway in Lepestok

screeie15.jpg

Lepestok is split in half by the highway which connects the North to the South

screenie18.jpg

Blocks in Lepestok...

screenie16.jpg

screenie17.jpg

Lepestok also features a trolleybus network

screeniee15.jpg

Flying above the city in a MIG-15

screenie19.jpg

Man, theres some crazy ass screens there!!

Looking excellent!! :cool:

Awesome landscape as was the first beta(at least the finished part of it).

But...I've been to Sevastopol more than enough times to know it isn't located nowhere near the Baltic sea=\

Awesome landscape as was the first beta(at least the finished part of it).

But...I've been to Sevastopol more than enough times to know it isn't located nowhere near the Baltic sea=\

This is it's cousin town :D

The new towns look great as usual Martin,looking forward to relocate to Lepestok(got a bit tired to visit the cafes in Sabina:p ).Man the attention to detail is insane,you could have an entire rpg game on Taviana.

Btw,I know you said in the past you have in plan to port it to A3 and I truly hope you still planning to.Those hills&bushes on Limnos will bore my ass off.

Wow, those look wonderful :D

Thanks to you & your colleagues for this beautiful work!

Are there any branches of known international corporations or companies on Taviana? Or is the market somewhat introvertic / oriented at the former Soviet countries etc.? Is there an embargo like on Cuba?

I'm asking because I have (veeeery slooooowly) started to make some skins for Vilas' new civilian vehicles (delivery vans / minibusues). I might design something for Taviana too while I'm at it. Question is; what would be needed.

Any chance to make skins for Taviana police Topas?:)

Btw,I know you said in the past you have in plan to port it to A3 and I truly hope you still planning to.Those hills&bushes on Limnos will bore my ass off.

My plan is solid as steel, it will be ported to A3 :wink_o:

Are there any branches of known international corporations or companies on Taviana? Or is the market somewhat introvertic / oriented at the former Soviet countries etc.? Is there an embargo like on Cuba?

I'm asking because I have (veeeery slooooowly) started to make some skins for Vilas' new civilian vehicles (delivery vans / minibusues). I might design something for Taviana too while I'm at it. Question is; what would be needed.

Topas, nope there is no embargo, however all the stores are state owned, but two of them are called "Koopearativa" and "Prior", written in Cyrillic, so you can make skins for that :winnk_o:

Looking good! Nice to see that Montignac is back. :)