tophe

Tophe's Arma Dedicated Server Tool (TADST)

'lo guys.

If i "tick" the Verify signatures from TA2DST console and then look at TA2DST config it says Verify Signatures=1

so..

1) it does the job if i change the value manually to "2" and save the document?

(note if i save again the server profile from TA2DST console it will revert me to "1"

value when "Verify signatures" is still selected.

2)Is there any other way the 'default' verify signatures value to be "2"?

Thanks again for the tool ;)

*ps sorry if the question might-be already asked-i didn't have enough time to read all pages-and search hasn't returned results

Do you know how to set it up im new to it

*From 1st page post:

INSTALLATION

=============

Copy the file 'TA2DST.exe' to your (or server's) ArmA2 game folder.

* Note that it's important that the file is in the game root folder, i.e. C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\

* If you are upgrading from an earlier version of TA2DST you might need to delete your old TA2DST folder so the program may create new settings files.

* You also need to have .NET installed.

Run it->make the adjustments you want

*don't forget to add ArmA2server.exe address (located somewhere low on console window)

->aaand!! select "Launch" option (lower right corner)

Voila :)

Im Running a Dedicated server using the TA2DST can i get the Arma 2 Rcon or BECron working with it and how do i set it up im a noob to this

'lo guys.

If i "tick" the Verify signatures from TA2DST console and then look at TA2DST config it says Verify Signatures=1

so..

1) it does the job if i change the value manually to "2" and save the document?

(note if i save again the server profile from TA2DST console it will revert me to "1"

value when "Verify signatures" is still selected.

2)Is there any other way the 'default' verify signatures value to be "2"?

Thanks again for the tool ;)

Could this please be updated relatively soon? Thanks :)

While i will bump my #326 post..

..i REALLY need assistance on something else.

All this time running TA2DST in our servers..today an idea filled me with terror.

"If i want to run server with Beta patch should i must set Directly the beta .exe in "Server File"..or it's ok if i just set the original .exe in "server File" ..and just "tick" @beta and @expansion/beta from mods list????" OO

*edited later

Never mind-i found out I should use the BETA .exe in server File and also "tick" the beta and expansion/beta from mod-list :/

Edited by GiorgyGR

Regards to Tophe for creating this nifty tool. I use it to run a dedicated server. I also use various Tophe scripts in my missions. At any rate, I'm here to solve or to maybe prevent headaches when testing missions while using this tool. After using the program to test missions, sometimes, afterwords, the missions you save in the editor aren't actually saved. Sometimes you have to actually exit the game entirely, delete the mission pbo, start the game back up and go resave again to get an updated .pbo.

Note: This still occurs even after there's no dedicated server running and the program is closed entirely. Obviously I knew that it wouldn't save while the server is running, never the less, I found out the hard way. After I would run the program/server,test the mission, shut the server down & the program, go make changes to the mission and it apparently wouldn't save the mission. I was saying no way this hint "hello world" doesn't work... I wised up and went and looked at the modified time on the pbo, and it was a pbo from way earlier in the day, after hours of testing LOL. This was a few days ago, but now it's just part of my routine to check modified dates/times after using the program at all and saving a mission.

PS: If I wanted to run a server manually via arma2oaserver.exe, where would I put the config file and what exactly would I put into the target line of the exe shortcut, to reference the config file(s)?

Edited by Iceman77

Of course it is Switch. Wasteland is just a mission, not a mod! :)

Im using v1.4 and im new to server hosting.

I would like to run a Warfare server off of this machine I am on, specifically the mission is called WarfareV2_071LiteCO.Chernarus.pbo

What setup should I use with TA2DST v1.4 for my mission?

What parameters should I allow for people using the latest beta?

In the mod tab I turned on ACR,BAF,PMC,Expansion\beta, and Expansion\beta\Expansion

I would like to know what people set their difficulty to for warfare for this tool.

I need help determining my Performance Tuning Settings. Here is my speedtest results 2354353299.png

As for seeing messages while off the game you have to use this? Anything better I can use? http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?95454-RCon-server-administration-coming-to-ArmA-2!

Thanks

How do I add mods to my server so when others join they download all the addons and stuff? when I check the box for available mods the server will stat like normal but when I join it just says waiting for host and nothing happens. The server says read from bank.

As stated in your other thread: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?143779-How-to-add-mods-to-my-server the mods have to be uploaded to your server and then implemented via "-mod=xxx" string, which is automatically done by Tophes tool.

Other players can't download them directly from your server, despite the mission file. And it does not make sense either. That is not the way mods work in ArmA2.

The easiest way is to use any kind of synchronisation tool (PlaywithSix, which I highly recommend, or the older AddonSync2009).

Please search the forums, as there are all necesseary information available on this topic.

How do I add mods to my server so when others join they download all the addons and stuff? when I check the box for available mods the server will stat like normal but when I join it just says waiting for host and nothing happens. The server says read from bank.

That's the million dollar question. The sad answer is that they can't download the addons from the game server, they have to download and installed them separately.

Hi guys,

I got a strange behaviour of Dedicated Server Tool, ArmA2:CO and ACE/ACEX.

Situation:

I own ArmA2:CO from Steam. Working pretty good, no problems so far.

Now I want to start a dedicated server with CO and ACE. ArmA2 is implemented via "mod" folder because I don't want to copy the whole ArmA2 folder to OA. Works good if I just run ArmA2,OA,beta,DLCs,CBA and ACE (without ACEX) and by joining manually or with PlaywithSix. But as soon as I add @ACEX to the modstring and then try to join via PwS, it wants me to update "ACE_A2" (core version of ACE, which I don't need at all and therefore haven't installed on my machine). I can override that by joining anyway and so I can play on the server without any problems.

But if I download "ACE_A2" and then join the server, it would keep complaining about some conflict errors which occur if you load both "ACE_A2" and "ACE".

My question: Is this issue known? Is it steam-related? PwS related?

Something tells the dedicated server to "load" "ACE_A2" without having it. Or just broadcast it to the ServerBrowser. As I said it is not installed and shouldn't be loaded on the dedi server anyway.

Ok, problem found. Took a while but it was rather simple. The @ACEX_pla mod was the root issue. I wasn't aware that it is not @ACE but @ACE_A2 content.

Everything works great now. Thank you for the tool, Tophe

Hi, I am getting 3 issues with TA2DST and would appreciate any help.

1) I can't run the server with BattlEye enabled, when I try to start it, it says "BattlEye initialization failed".

2) The ping is showing '2500' on the ArmA2 server list, which is not the correct ping.

3) When I am running the server, the arma2server.exe program will randomly close itself.

Edited by xJordannx

I combined my folders awhile back and was now wanting to run a dedicated server. Hence the reason for being here. I d/l the app and went through the process as most of you in regards to owning the Steam versions of the game and running into issues. After a bit of headache and thinking of registry entries, it hit me. Even though I combined my folders, I was still running ArmA II through it's original location and not from within the arrowhead folder. When I ran it, it was plain that there was no history. I always do the chopper training missions, never miss a chance to fly. I ran the training mission (as I said, never miss a chance) and then shut it down. Started up TA2DST (from within my arrowhead folder) and everything was there for me to see. Missions. Mods. Neither of those were populating before doing so. Ran the server. Ran the client. Had loads of fun. Hope this helps at least one of you as well. And I tried some, if not most, of the suggestions on here with always reverting back if nothing changed. Just a mention, so it's clear when this worked no magic other than running arma2(dot)exe from within my arrowhead folder and letting the registries happen (I think).

Happy gaming (I'm all ear to ear)

Red

Hey, my server starts up and says

Dedicated host created.

Host identity created.

But when i look for my server name in arma 2 oa (using the hostname in the filter) it's not there in the internet section and neither for the LAN section. I have got the folder that

generates TA2DST in the root directory for ArmA 2: CO (C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\) otherwise if i try and run a server it says...

Dedicated host created.

Battle eye Initilization failed.

I would even be happy if someone could give me a tutorial or something on how to make a server using hamahci, i just want to be able to play on my own server with one of friends.

.The settings are,

Server Name: TEXEDOVA IS ANGRY!!!

Reporting IP: [ArmA2:OA] arma2oapc.master.gamespy.com

Port: 2302 (I have port forwarded port 2302 aswell)

Max Players: 10

Server File: C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Arma 2\arma2oaserver.exe

Disable VoN: Ticked

PLEASE HELP PLEASE!

Thank you in advance.

.......I would even be happy if someone could give me a tutorial or something on how to make a server using hamahci, i just want to be able to play on my own server with one of friends.

PLEASE HELP PLEASE!

Thank you in advance.

you say arma co and you give the path for arma2.

if you have arma2 and arma2oa combined, then the tadst need to be in arma2oa root and not in arma2

for hamachi

in server pc join or create a hamachi network.

players must join the same hamachi network

in client pcs press remote and put the server hamachi ip.

if you are in server pc and you need to join , press lan and join from there.

notice that you can allways join from hamachi and others can join your server from internet or lan and vice versa.

Well two things actually!

one when clicking launch i get Camp_Armory_Misc addon requires 1.5.1

and i dont even have that addon and i have never heard of it

two how do i add arma 2 arma 2 oa and both lite games (british armed forces lite and PMC lite)

like when the dedicated server is selected in the MP list it says cant connect and the only expansions are Expansions/beta and Expansions/beta/Expansions

How do i fix this

Thanks,

In Advance!:confused:

Well two things actually!

two how do i add arma 2 arma 2 oa and both lite games (british armed forces lite and PMC lite)

like when the dedicated server is selected in the MP list it says cant connect and the only expansions are Expansions/beta and Expansions/beta/Expansions

How do i fix this

Thanks,

In Advance!:confused:

Having full versions of both (me) and assuming folder structure is same with maybe name being the difference (yours might be PMC Lite (that is a best guess, no real idea)), try loading them using the -mod= modifier. I had to include ACR into my own to get that to load so mine looks like "-mod=ACR;Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\expansion" and for reference, I have the Steam versions and have combined my folders. So taking into account everything I have said, yours could be "-mod=PMCLite;BAFLite;Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion" with the understanding the two Lite's are to be named reflecting how they are in your directory. I have also put ACR at the end of my string with no difference.

Hope it helps or at least gets you pointed in the right direction

happy gaming

EDIT: Any groupings by quotes "" is to stop spacing issues when posting and should not be considered as part of the launch parameters;

EDIT EDIT: Spacing is still showing; any spacing in the -mod= string should be ignored, being placed after posting; I could assume that to be a known however;

Edited by TheRedAfro
Posting showed spaces where there shouldn't have been;

How to add missions to it? When I edit the server.cfg, thne launch using the launcher it overwrites the cfg.

How to add missions to it? When I edit the server.cfg, thne launch using the launcher it overwrites the cfg.

why edit the server.cfg? if you press save on TA2DST you are ready. check your missions in missions tab , hit save.