tophe

Tophe's Arma Dedicated Server Tool (TADST)

hi mate

any plans on makeing this for arma3

i was hopeing to create a dedi server tonight for arma 3 using latest beta.

will this great tool all ready work with arma 3?

thanks

This will definitively be updated for Arma 3! Reworking it for A2 right now. Some people have had luck with it in A3 as well.. I haven't tried myself though.

Wow thanks Tophe if it was not for you I would not be able to create a dedi server all these configs and stuff :O

So yeah look forward to using all over again in arma3

Thanks

Thanks, Tophe! I was able to get everything running great.

The only issue is that when I reset the server, none of my data is saved. I spawn as a new character and all vehicles are random again. Any thoughts on how I can fix this?

Ok... Is there anyone that could help me beta test the new release? I have one volunteer - would love to have maybe two more.

It would be great if you have TA2DST and Dedicated Server experience, so you can put this to the test and really try out all features.

Would be much appreciated!

Thanks, Tophe! I was able to get everything running great.

The only issue is that when I reset the server, none of my data is saved. I spawn as a new character and all vehicles are random again. Any thoughts on how I can fix this?

Saving doesn't work on dedicated servers, only on hosted games.

I think I'm totally there... finally. Need beta testers.

ta2dstv2.0.jpg

Edited by Tophe

I can test for you but would be for Arma 3. I use your 1.4 for my dedicated server and it works without a hitch so wouldn't mind testing the 2.0 version for you, might help out.

I can test for you but would be for Arma 3. I use your 1.4 for my dedicated server and it works without a hitch so wouldn't mind testing the 2.0 version for you, might help out.

Thank you, that would be great! I actually just added a line of code that generates the profile file (with difficulty settings) for A3 as well. Haven't tested yet, but it should run alright. PM me your email and I'll get it over to you right away!

I would love to test the beta, mainly on the difficulty settings ...

I can?

Absolutely! Would be great to have someone focus on that, since there's a lot of settings there. PM you email ad I'll get it over to you.

Absolutely! Would be great to have someone focus on that, since there's a lot of settings there. PM you email ad I'll get it over to you.

GOOD! Sending PM!

Thank you, I think I've got it covered now. Releasing tomorrow or Monday!

Thank you, I think I've got it covered now. Releasing tomorrow or Monday!

Fantastic news! Looking forward to this.

Thank you very much for your support and always sending us your work. We really appreciate that! :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

We have placed this in our Arma 2 download and news section. If you would like us to place it in a different section cause it works with all games or want to have duplicate pages in different section (not really recommended) just let me know!

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

NEW RELEASE, v2.0. SEE FIRST POST

Thank you Foxhound! You're a star! Love the work you guys are doing for the community.

Maybe we could move it to the Arma 3 section the next release or so. Will continue adding A3 specific features to it.

Tophe, just tried this on our dedicated box that has working servers. Was a big fan in A2 of this tool and was so happy to see you updated it. But when launching the server exe's through this new version, the server.exe's boot up but do not show up on the multiplayer server list in-game. First server is on port 2302; second on 2322. Any idea?

Edit: this is for ArmA3 servers.exe's

Edit 2: you may also want to include an ArmA3 field that edits the TADST_config.cfg that permits people to edit the steamport and steamqueryport.

Edited by SpectreRSG

Tophe, just tried this on our dedicated box that has working servers. Was a big fan in A2 of this tool and was so happy to see you updated it. But when launching the server exe's through this new version, the server.exe's boot up but do not show up on the multiplayer server list in-game. First server is on port 2302; second on 2322. Any idea?

Edit: this is for ArmA3 servers.exe's

Edit 2: you may also want to include an ArmA3 field that edits the TADST_config.cfg that permits people to edit the steamport and steamqueryport.

Thank you. Don't know why it won't show. Have you set the proper Reporting IP's? And, I'll add the Steam ports of course. Next release, later this week.

Yes the standard arma3pc.master.gamespy.com in your dropdown option. The reporting IP its writing seems to be correct.

Edited by SpectreRSG

Yes the standard arma3pa.master.gamespy.com in your dropdown option. The reporting IP its writing seems to be correct.

arma3pa.master.gamespy.com? Do you mean arma3pc.master.gamespy.com?

That's strange, it works over here. Chek your RPT and make sure it starts with all the correct parameters.

And lets see if more servers have the same problem. I'm guessing it shows up here then.

Ignore my last - its all working! Thanks!

Edit: would also like to note that when starting the TADST launcher up it says its loading the default profile, but all fields are empty. You have to select Default profile to load it up - shouldn't the tool be loading up the info in the Default profile upon starting?

Edited by SpectreRSG

Ignore my last - its all working! Thanks!

Edit: would also like to note that when starting the TADST launcher up it says its loading the default profile, but all fields are empty. You have to select Default profile to load it up - shouldn't the tool be loading up the info in the Default profile upon starting?

Great to hear! Thank you for the feedback.

Have you removed all your old files? This new version is incompatible with old saves. Also, you have to put the TADST.exe in your Arma game folder.

The default profile has all the default settings (look in performance and difficulty settings), but no server name, passwords, logfiles etc, since you'll have to set them yourself.

Edited by Tophe

Yeah it was installed and working per your instructions. I added server information to the default profile and then saved it. The intent was to have that server loaded up initially since its default. But its not.

Yeah it was installed and working per your instructions. I added server information to the default profile and then saved it. The intent was to have that server loaded up initially since its default. But its not.

Ah, great. That's a bug you found, thank you! If you start up TADST and select the default profile in the list (even if it's already selected) the saved settings should load up.

EDIT: Just fixed the bug, I think. Thank you!

Edited by Tophe

With 2.0 i get a Windows error when launching that this program isnt save and is blocked. I needed to start it as a admin and "Yes im sure, YES, YES". Win8 is more strict then Win7. Dont get this with your 1.4.