What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Are we allowed to use this mod for AllinArma (A2 merge addon for A3)?

It is not working in AiA since the soundengine is quiet different. There are no vehicle driving sounds, just the idle ones. There are massive volume problems and overlappings and other stuff. I'm actually working on the mod for my self. So it might be released for AiA soon. Just need to work on it further. The biggest problem is that ArmA3 is not even done yet. Making (sound-) Mods that required basic engine support is not a easy thing, especially when BIS is changing several things. There should be at least a beta or something before we can talk about porting it right.

LJ

It is not working "properly", but we already tested it for ourselves and most weapon sounds, and at least some vehicle sounds seems to work.

1.4.3 seems to be working a bit better as 1.5, without the distant or echo sounds. I just wanted to ask, if we may use your mod for our AIA sessions,

as officials and other addon makers are very "nervous" about using their addons in A3. May we use your sound mod (mainly 1.4.3 right now) for AIA

and maybe even occasionally for some clips, until you release a A3 or AIA compatible version?

It is not working "properly", but we already tested it for ourselves and most weapon sounds, and at least some vehicle sounds seems to work.

1.4.3 seems to be working a bit better as 1.5, without the distant or echo sounds. I just wanted to ask, if we may use your mod for our AIA sessions,

as officials and other addon makers are very "nervous" about using their addons in A3. May we use your sound mod (mainly 1.4.3 right now) for AIA

and maybe even occasionally for some clips, until you release a A3 or AIA compatible version?

I cant stop people from doing what ever they want in private. But I don't want ANYONE to release anything for A3 from JSRS! I myself don't know exactly how the system is working, how the Steam Workshop will work and all those other questions. JSRS is A2 ONLY right now and it'll stay that way for a while, I don't know for how long, but I will work on this myself.

Also there is not JSRS 1.4.3 version anymore but the ones some have on their HDD. Yes, 1.5 is working worse than 1.4.3 but that's because JSRS is NOT made for A3 ;)

So just keep it low and wait until we work something out. That would be the best...

LJ

Let me worry about whats too much and what is not ;) I'll PM you...

LJ

Haha in that case I owe you one, if you need help with scripting in another version/A3 I'll be more than happy to help out.

Nice mod, the sound are great, but i have a suggestion, other people comment the same, i miss the situation awareness. The hit in the ground, in vehicles, the supersonic cracks in the air, all of this with the mod is very low and less intense, and this causes you not hear bullets flying aroun you, of course i have samples at 128. I think this mod, with hits in ground, vehicles and supersonic of ACE2 or Vanilla, is more good. Please try testing this suggestion in the futur update, thanks and sorry for my bad english.

I finally upgraded my 1.5 to the most recent version and the distance sounds, indoor gunshots and weapon clicks are completely nonexistent. Does anyone have a link to one of the older versions?

I'm not talking about 1.4 - I'm asking for one of the initial 1.5 releases.

I finally upgraded my 1.5 to the most recent version and the distance sounds, indoor gunshots and weapon clicks are completely nonexistent. Does anyone have a link to one of the older versions?

I'm not talking about 1.4 - I'm asking for one of the initial 1.5 releases.

Sounds like you did something terribly wrong...

Any chance these will be linked up with the RH weapon packs? i mean its practically the same as the Ace addon weapons wise, would do it myself if i knew how

I just cant cover all weapons and mods in the community guys^^ And especially RH weapons is HUGE. I think all the RH weapons are far more then the game has itself :P

LJ

but i was thinking in just vanilla without the dependency on the ace configs

Id be more than happy to do it if i had more of an understanding on how the mod calls sounds to different weapons

I just think this mod is excellent and it should just replace arma vanilla sound permanently

Edited by Diabolical

but i was thinking in just vanilla without the dependency on the ace configs

Id be more than happy to do it if i had more of an understanding on how the mod calls sounds to different weapons

I just think this mod is excellent and it should just replace arma vanilla sound permanently

Sure thats what the mod does. It changes all vanilla sounds. Rh weapons does not use vanilla sounds and brings it own sounds. You would have to change the config entries in his configs. Some have sounds from JSRS because.they are based on vanilla superclasses but some are not.

Cant really help with that.Thats a job for RH itself.

LJ

Sure thats what the mod does. It changes all vanilla sounds. Rh weapons does not use vanilla sounds and brings it own sounds. You would have to change the config entries in his configs. Some have sounds from JSRS because.they are based on vanilla superclasses but some are not.

Cant really help with that.Thats a job for RH itself.

LJ

Will 1.5 "first person sounds" and distant sounds script work, regardless of weapon classes being contemplated by you in the first place? In other words, the weapon using vanilla sounds, is all it takes for the full experience to work?

Will 1.5 "first person sounds" and distant sounds script work, regardless of weapon classes being contemplated by you in the first place? In other words, the weapon using vanilla sounds, is all it takes for the full experience to work?

No, the weapon needs to inherit from one of the existing and covered ArmA2 weapons. Say: If someone makes a weapon which is based on a M4a1, which is a vanilla Arma2 weapon, that yes, the scripts comes in place and covers the shit that is needed. But if someones creates a new superclass or base his weapon on the Superclass Rifle, then you'll end up having no sounds, neither inroom, nor distance. But all I can say is, that I never played with an weapon addon that does no have the jsrs sounds too ;)

LJ

but for example with your ace addon your mod adds sounds to guns like the groza, and its the identical groza to what is in the RH packs, how could i make the rh groza call the config? sorry for all the questions

No, the weapon needs to inherit from one of the existing and covered ArmA2 weapons. Say: If someone makes a weapon which is based on a M4a1, which is a vanilla Arma2 weapon, that yes, the scripts comes in place and covers the shit that is needed. But if someones creates a new superclass or base his weapon on the Superclass Rifle, then you'll end up having no sounds, neither inroom, nor distance. But all I can say is, that I never played with an weapon addon that does no have the jsrs sounds too ;)

LJ

Got it. Thanks.

Hi

I think i found bug, tested with 2 players on dedicated server. It seems the XM8 TWS SD misses the distant sd sounds. Within 30m distance sd sound is played, at longer ranges the non-sd sound is played.

The XM8 SD Holo works correct.

Anyways, again thanks for best sound mod out there :)

Hi

I think i found bug, tested with 2 players on dedicated server. It seems the XM8 TWS SD misses the distant sd sounds. Within 30m distance sd sound is played, at longer ranges the non-sd sound is played.

The XM8 SD Holo works correct.

Anyways, again thanks for best sound mod out there :)

Thanks for the info mate ;)

----------------------------

So!

We've been working on a new website for our cause for the last few weeks and so, here we go: http://www.jsrs-studios.com/

Please, feel free to come around and check our website. Log in the forums, post comments or help us to fill the still empty holes in the forums and website. We provide decent download options, we have integrated flash-player, support emails, a bug-tracker system and much more.

Also we provide audio-work for your mods, projects or games. If you need anything, just send us an email ;) So tell you friends, thats were you get the sounds :)

We'll be happy to catch you on the other side, folks.

Thanks a lot!

LJ

That's a really nice initiative mate - will check it out and hope it goes well for you :)