What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

There are sonic cracks in 1.4 yeah? last JSRS I DL'd the sonic cracks were seperate from memory (its been awhile). SO is 1.4 including everything from all previous versions into one big one? inlc BAF content?

The reason I ask about the sonic cracks is I remember shitting myself everytime I was shot at as it would be a loud snap going off, but ive not experienced that so much yet.

Edited by RandomArmANoob

I'm starting to think this community is insane. Did you not read his post or something? He specifically said/requested/asked me to make some sounds for british weapons and show them to him. I don't care that he didn't phrase himself clearly because he's pretty bad at english, it's not my problem, it's his. If he wouldn't post the sentence about "showing him something that does not sound terrible" then I wouldn't post my mod in here because that would be awful and not cool indeed. But he did, so I posted the sounds in here, just like he asked.

Please read the posts more carefully next time.

Enzo_0

I think the person that needs to read more carefully is you. After Lord Jarhead's enumerated requests came the words 'just kidding'. I'm not sure how much clearer that needs to be.

Both the thread owner and a moderator have asked you to stop, and you have not only continued, you have replied in a tone that is quite condescending. If you disagree with the forum moderation, your avenues of recourse are to respond in PM, or to complain to the head moderator.

+1 infraction for disagreeing with the forum moderation in public

I find your tone regarding non-native english speakers to be bordering on insulting. That also is not tolerated. Perhaps in the future you could show more respect or else it will be 'your problem'.

§1) No Flaming/Flame-baiting/bigotry

Abusive, racist, sexist, homophobic comments (or any other type of bigotry), personal attacks and name calling are not allowed either on the forum or through PM's. If you receive a PM that is abusive or you find offensive please forward it to a moderator who will investigate.

Flame-baiting is also not tolerated; flame-baiting is making a post to someone that is obviously intended to elicit an angry response. Mocking/teasing/ridiculing someone or the point someone wants to make is also flamebaiting. This also applies to other areas of the forums such as leaving visitor messages on people's profiles, messages posted in social groups, as well as quoting someone against their wishes in your signature to belittle/tease/mock them. If someone asks you to remove something they posted on the forum from your signature you must remove it. Common sense tells you that posting someone's PMs without permission is also flamebaiting and will be punished.

§2) Follow the instructions of the moderators

When a moderator or BIS staff member asks you to do something or to stop doing something, please follow their instructions. If you have questions/complaints/comments about the forum or moderators please PM them to a moderator, we will do our utmost to reply to any that we receive. If you have an issue that you feel cannot be solved by another moderator then please PM the head moderator(Placebo), he will be happy to look into the matter.

Edited by Max Power

I can join any basic CO server with no problems. However, when I try to join a vanilla Chernarus server that doesn't have OA I get all the mod's server keys denied.

I can join any basic CO server with no problems. However, when I try to join a vanilla Chernarus server that doesn't have OA I get all the mod's server keys denied.

Probably because JSRS is designed for CO. There are many contents which need CO installed. So Admin wont activate the Key for a CO project on theire A2 games I guess.

Jarhead

PS:

I made a small video showing my BAF content coming with the 1.5 Version in some months. Maybe its a bad time to show this because of the bad confrontation we had, but:

Xm9pAr_ceBo

Also I'm still working on the ACE content. So this will follow as an seperat download in the download section for you.

Edited by LordJarhead

Hey there LJH,

Still loving your work, and the new BAF sounds great ! I have found a bug however.

When using JSRS 1.4 (all patched up to latest as well) I get a strange problem. If I place an aircraft on Loy Manara taxiway it will stop about halfway down and will not move further. This happens in any mission and even in the editor. Is it something to do with the distance script (Humvee28 has also confirmed this issue)?

Is it any type of aircraft or a specific type, off hand? I'll have to try it out in the editor and in a mission.

I was mostly trying BLUFOR Yokhanan. Other independent testers are welcome. Try in a mission or in the editor .... I get the same problem.

I made a small video showing my BAF content coming with the 1.5 Version in some months. Maybe its a bad time to show this because of the bad confrontation we had, but:

Also I'm still working on the ACE content. So this will follow as an seperat download in the download section for you.

Sounds are coming along nicely mate, if I could add something to it though it would be:-

1. The sound after the L110A2 has been fired (the echo), it sounds weird, is it like this in all places or just in areas enclosed?

2. The L115A3 (LRR), for me this weapon needs more meat and snap! :D

It's hard to find a good sound sample for the L115A3, irrc the P:UKF team made the gun with a nice meaty sound for ArmA 2, obviously with a little work yours will be so much better :)

Edited by VIPER[CWW]

Hey there LJH,

Still loving your work, and the new BAF sounds great ! I have found a bug however.

When using JSRS 1.4 (all patched up to latest as well) I get a strange problem. If I place an aircraft on Loy Manara taxiway it will stop about halfway down and will not move further. This happens in any mission and even in the editor. Is it something to do with the distance script (Humvee28 has also confirmed this issue)?

Is it any type of aircraft or a specific type, off hand? I'll have to try it out in the editor and in a mission.

Yah, I had already some PM's about that. I ask Psycho when he's back, since we have located the error, its the Distance script for sure. Dont know how this can affect the AI but we'll see ;)

Ah wait, I may think it have something to do with the dummy vehicle ( the one the script will automatically spawn while starting the mission to make the distance sounds work without placing a vehicle manually) which is place somewhere on the map. I guess its place over the Airstrip in that case, so the AI is "afraid" of starting up to prevent a crash or so. Will check this ;)

;2114757']Sounds are coming along nicely mate' date=' if I could add something to it though it would be:-

1. The sound after the L110A2 has been fired (the echo), it sounds weird, is it like this in all places or just in areas enclosed?

2. The L115A3 (LRR), for me this weapon needs more meat and snap! :D

It's hard to find a good sound sample for the L115A3, irrc the P:UKF team made the gun with a nice meaty sound for ArmA 2, obviously with a little work yours will be so much better :)

Thanks for cristism. Yah, the sound is the same in every area. Since we dont use the script to simulate this, which is causing to much work and trouble for me. I will work on them further for sure, but the L85A2 will stay this way. I like it already. The L11A2 need to be reworked a bit more for sure, but I like the echo atm. The LRR is really hard to make if I dont want to let it sounds like a typical sniper, each weapon should sounds special^^

Jarhead

I like the new BAF Sounds. Can´t wait for 1.5

yeah i join the opinion of Tonci87 but i really want to see how the first person effect look like in JSRS 1.5 ;)

@LordJarHead

I have been following this thread and things are looking real nice. Great work and I look forward to your updates. I like the M249 sound in the video... especially hearing the brass/links hit the deck when firing! Kill!

Thanks for cristism. Yah, the sound is the same in every area. Since we dont use the script to simulate this, which is causing to much work and trouble for me. I will work on them further for sure, but the L85A2 will stay this way. I like it already. The L11A2 need to be reworked a bit more for sure, but I like the echo atm. The LRR is really hard to make if I dont want to let it sounds like a typical sniper, each weapon should sounds special^^

Jarhead

Yeah the L85 sounds great as it is. Did a little more research on the L115A3's actual sound, and found a couple of video's, the sound itself you probably cannot use but you get the idea of what it sounds like in real life.

@1.58 - See what I mean with the meat and then the snap :) The snap is more to do with the echo obviously, but its one of the characteristics of the rifle/.338.

I'm sure they'll all sound special upon release. ;)

LordJarhead thanks for the great mod, especially the M134 sound :D

is there is any possible way to make sound like this?

it's more like the BF3 sound and it's ultra real and awesome :)

it's more like the BF3 sound and it's ultra real and awesome :)

Not unless you can find a version without music.

The bold parts can not be said in the same post. Like.. "I love it!! But change it to this!!!" :rolleyes:

So,

now we go: This video shows the working first person script. The goal is to simulate sounds we only would hear really close to a weapon. However, the sounds you can hear in the video are just placeholders to show you the script and its function. Since its still a beta script I wont work on it till its done (thanks to Psycho at this point ;) ).

4zSNdA9W5b8

Have fun. And remember, the sounds are just placeholders, so dont come up with something already you would like to suggest :D

Jarhead

Now I can imagine what this first person script will be like. I think its awesome. Noone will want to play with 3rd person any more ^^.

OMG, LJ

I don't know what you are trying, but i think you want to kill us with your awesomeness xD

Keep up this awesome work! Everytime i think: Now, this is awesome, it can't be done better.

And then, you do something new and i just:

dafuq.jpg

thx for everthing, LorJarhead! You are my hero :D