What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

So I assume this isn't compatible with CO lite (i.e. OA + Arma2 Free)?

This mod is designed for CO! Arma2 + Arma Operation Arrowhead. That was CO means!

Just finished an MSO game and found these in the server rpt (but not client rpt):

Cannot load sound 'jsrs_cz550\bolt.wss'
Cannot load sound 'jsrs_l85a2\reload.wss'
Cannot load sound 'jsrs_l115a3\bolt.wss'
Cannot load sound 'jsrs_nlaw\reload.wss'
Cannot load sound 'jsrs_smoke\reload.wss'
Cannot load sound 'jsrs_rpg7v\reload.wss'

Running A2OA at 1.60.85750, latest CBA and JSRS 1.4.3. JSRS is installed on clients, but not server. Thought I'd pass them along to see if relevant. Thanks.

These are Network error or something like that which were already posted a while ago. These error are because of the Engine, or Netframework of Arma2, I cant fix that.

So I assume this isn't compatible with CO lite (i.e. OA + Arma2 Free)?

I'm using it with CO Lite and it works fine.

Is there any way you could add some optional changed sounds of L85A2 in all versions? I absolutely love this mod and can't play without it, but the sounds of L85A2 is just terrible, it doesn't even sound like a gun. I don't like playing BAF because of it.

I'm using it with CO Lite and it works fine.

Cool, thanks.

---------- Post added at 11:15 ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 ----------

This mod is designed for CO! Arma2 + Arma Operation Arrowhead. That was CO means!

Yeah, I know that it was designed for CO (and what CO means), which is why I asked if it works with CO lite! Thanks for your hard work on the mod anyway.

Is there any way you could add some optional changed sounds of L85A2 in all versions? I absolutely love this mod and can't play without it, but the sounds of L85A2 is just terrible, it doesn't even sound like a gun. I don't like playing BAF because of it.

You might want to read a few pages back, unless you want this locked :)

You might want to read a few pages back, unless you want this locked :)

I'm sorry but I don't know what are you talking about. I've read the last few pages and there's not even a word about changing the sound of L85A2. What am I missing? Is this mod dead or something?

edit: ok just as I posted this I found the post that you were talking about. I get it now.

I just noticed in the Optional folder there's a oa2a2bridge_c_pvpscene and a readme for it which says "This addon allows OA Players, which are not using Arma2, or only have Arma2 instead of OA, to use this mod without any errormessages." so does this mean if I copy this and the .bisign to Addons, J.S.R.S will work fine with just OA (and continue to work with CO lite)?

You're not alone, trust me. We've been known to even avoid BAF co-op missions at times, lol. ;) :P

1# I hate the BAF content, so why should I even think about making sounds for it again, or wasting my time on it?

2# There are some other soundmods around covering the BAF content, check them out for an alternative.

3# Download an Audioeditor, collect some sample and make you own BAF content and show me something that does not sound terrible! ;)

4# Sry! I'm sorry that I'm the one who keeps you from playing the BAF Contents! :D

Nah, just kidding. I hate the weapons, dont know why. But I will take a look on these and add them for JSRS 1.5 I guess. AND PLEASE: Dont even start of stupid seperate downloads and such crap!

Jarhead

@doveman: In the time, you had to wait till I answer here, you probaly could have checked this out for yourself, heh? :D Yes, this means something like that. It'll prevent error messages. I never tested it, so I'm unsure if its working right.

@doveman: In the time, you had to wait till I answer here, you probaly could have checked this out for yourself, heh? :D Yes, this means something like that. It'll prevent error messages. I never tested it, so I'm unsure if its working right.

It's not like I've been sitting around waiting for you to answer, I've been out and about doing stuff ;) Anyway, seemed safer to check with you first before moving files around in case I'd misunderstood. Now you've confirmed, I'll test it out.

Well, as said, never tested it myself. But I guess it'll work. But dont blame me if not :D

Jarhead

Well, as said, never tested it myself. But I guess it'll work. But dont blame me if not :D

Jarhead

I won't ;)

3# Download an Audioeditor, collect some sample and make you own BAF content and show me something that does not sound terrible! ;)

I never modded anything in Arma 2, but I guess today was a good time to start. I spent a couple of hours this afternoon to make some better gun sounds and this is what I made so far:

It was really hard to find good weapon sounds (without people talking and other shots in the background) but I finally did find some and used Audacity to give them a little more "punch" (actually they're a little bit too loud right now, I need to change it later). I also had some trouble with finding some good gunshot echo so the one I used is kinda meh (found it on some "free sound effects" site and combined it with actual echoes in the videos that I used).

Right now I'm not sure if I'll make a whole mod out of it, but at least I have good sounding british guns.

I never modded anything in Arma 2, but I guess today was a good time to start. I spent a couple of hours this afternoon to make some better gun sounds and this is what I made so far:

It was really hard to find good weapon sounds (without people talking and other shots in the background) but I finally did find some and used Audacity to give them a little more "punch" (actually they're a little bit too loud right now, I need to change it later). I also had some trouble with finding some good gunshot echo so the one I used is kinda meh (found it on some "free sound effects" site and combined it with actual echoes in the videos that I used).

Right now I'm not sure if I'll make a whole mod out of it, but at least I have good sounding british guns.

Posting your work in the thread of another mod is kind of disrespectfull mate! If you think you made sounds or even going to make a soundmod at all, feel free to open your own thread. But that was a fail! This is the exactly way how to spit a modder in his face if you come up with something like this! You'll see what I mean if you have made an entire mod! I mean, not collecting configs or whole pbo by other mods, I mean making the entire fuckin' mod yourself is already alot of work. Not just taking other modders work and say "I made this". After a whole mod, with all your self in it, like JSRS is for me, and you would be pissed about something like that too :D Trust me.

Open your own thread and everything will be cool!

Jarhead

Posting your work in the thread of another mod is kind of disrespectfull mate! If you think you made sounds or even going to make a soundmod at all, feel free to open your own thread. But that was a fail! This is the exactly way how to spit a modder in his face if you come up with something like this! You'll see what I mean if you have made an entire mod! I mean, not collecting configs or whole pbo by other mods, I mean making the entire fuckin' mod yourself is already alot of work. Not just taking other modders work and say "I made this". After a whole mod, with all your self in it, like JSRS is for me, and you would be pissed about something like that too :D Trust me.

Dude, what the hell are you talking about. Just a few posts ago you said:

3# Download an Audioeditor, collect some sample and make you own BAF content and show me something that does not sound terrible!

I did exactly that. Decide if you want me to post some good sound effects or not.

"Spit in a modders face"? Are you ok? I think you're taking this whole modding thing way to seriously.

I did exactly that. Decide if you want me to post some good sound effects or not.

"Spit in a modders face"? Are you ok? I think you're taking this whole modding thing way to seriously.

No I'm not. But for sure, this is not the way it should be. Everyone can do what he wants to do. And by what I said, I didnt meant to post your work in here. It meant more like do you own Soundmod, and thats what you do, or going to do maybe. So its ok. Im not taking this too seriously, but you dont know how much work went into such a project. So please dont even start to try understanding my thoughts! Just let it be...

Jarhead

I'm not blaming you (I promised I wouldn't!) but just to let you know it still gives the same error on loading about CAAir2_Pchela1T.

I'm not blaming you (I promised I wouldn't!) but just to let you know it still gives the same error on loading about CAAir2_Pchela1T.

Hmm ok, I will make some tests and we'll see if we can fix that ;) I guess its because the OA Brigde pbo is already a bit older, maybe some new things went into arma in the meantime.

Jarhead

I won't ;)
Hmm ok, I will make some tests and we'll see if we can fix that ;) I guess its because the OA Brigde pbo is already a bit older, maybe some new things went into arma in the meantime.

Jarhead

Cool, thanks. I'll keep an eye out for any fix you might come up with :)

What has your Sound Mod to do with this thread? Nothing actually. If you want to advertise your Mod then start your own thread.

And yes, making your own sound mod and then come to another sound mod thread and tell them that yours is so much better that's indeed spitting in someones face. Especially if that one spent hundreds if not thousands of hours into creating his work.

Amazing JSRS awesomness

If somebody still hasn´t tried the optional Soundfiles, then he should really do so. IMHO they are much better than the original Samples. Great work LJ!

What has your Sound Mod to do with this thread? Nothing actually. If you want to advertise your Mod then start your own thread.

And yes, making your own sound mod and then come to another sound mod thread and tell them that yours is so much better that's indeed spitting in someones face. Especially if that one spent hundreds if not thousands of hours into creating his work.

I'm starting to think this community is insane. Did you not read his post or something? He specifically said/requested/asked me to make some sounds for british weapons and show them to him. I don't care that he didn't phrase himself clearly because he's pretty bad at english, it's not my problem, it's his. If he wouldn't post the sentence about "showing him something that does not sound terrible" then I wouldn't post my mod in here because that would be awful and not cool indeed. But he did, so I posted the sounds in here, just like he asked.

Please read the posts more carefully next time.

"Showing him something that doesn't sound terrible" can be taken a bit sarcastic as he's done endless work on this project for someone to once more request a redo just because they don't like something. If you literally though he meant for you to start your own sound mod and post it in his thread, you're mistaken and it's an error on your part.

Just because you don't understand or seem to care much about how many thousands of hours lost working hard on this project, doesn't give one the right to criticize an addon maker for "taking modding way to seriously" because YOU don't understand just how much goes into it. This "modding thing" takes a lot of hard work from people that care to provide the best experience they can to the community for FREE. Sure you took a few sounds and put something quit together. BRAVO. Now do an entire soundmod, handle the config work, bugs, and endless begging and demanding of having to redo the exact same sounds thousands of times over because every time, someone doesn't like it. THEN we'll talk.

Just do yourself a favor--take the smart ass comments elsewhere and just drop it. You misread it. It is what it is, just move on. And maybe do yourself the favor of following your own advice and read posts more carefully to make sure you understand what and how something is being said.

Out of curiosity, Jarhead, did you use this video for sonic snap sounds? It's really familiar.