What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Sry guys, I'm on a welding course for electrode welding this week, so I canot answer so fast, haha.

Ok, the OS Script does not have proper delay for gunsshots. I was talking to OS for help but as I dont want to disturb him, he's not available to help! So I do search for a scripter some days now in the German forums, but so far no responds. At least, its not a big deal, its should work in the first place! If I'm not able to get this delay into the script before release (december, and dont even ask which day!) I have to release it without the delay. Would be sad, corze with a delay it would sound even more awesome, and much more realistic!

So, I search for a good scripter btw :D

Jarhead

Yah... I talked to him. Maybe we found a scripter somewhere. I asked tpm for help. Maybe he's able to help me. And OS of course!

Jarhead

I thought the engine already factored in sound delay based on distance of sound source to player? Apologies if I'm missing something.

My personal preference would be that 1.4 is released sooner and without gunshot delay finalised, rather than delaying until it is final. I don't see it as critical enough to justify pushing back the release. This is just my opinion though. :)

Keep up the most excellent work Jarhead - really looking forward to 1.4 blowing my eardrums out! :D

I thought the engine already factored in sound delay based on distance of sound source to player? Apologies if I'm missing something.

It does. It just never bloody works. Maybe 20% of the time.

It does. It just never bloody works. Maybe 20% of the time.

Aha, I thought I was going crazy.

I look at enemies shooting at me from 400m away through my binocs and sometimes there's a delay between seeing the gunshot and hearing it, other times not.

I'm sad that I'm not going to be able to check this out for awhile.

I'll actually be a Jarhead when I return though, good luck with the release! If I have time on my 10 days of leave I'll give it a try, I doubt I'll even remember how to work a PC by then..

So, I search for a good scripter btw :D

Jarhead

PM me please!

I'm still searching for a scripter guys! Maybe you can also ask around. You may know someone I dont and so on. So please help me out! Its for you own good as well! :)

Thanks!

Jarhead

I'm not so sure you'll be able to find a volunteer scripter. At least not one who will just go and fix a major engine problem that even BIS has been unable to address. Fixing the time delay is a major endeavor that may have large consequences for performance.

Maybe it would be best to release 1.4 and then examine how a script could improve things?

I'm still searching for a scripter guys! Maybe you can also ask around. You may know someone I dont and so on. So please help me out! Its for you own good as well! :)

Thanks!

Jarhead

I think J-Guid may be offering to help (see his post above).

But I agree with maturin - this sound delay issue is probably not an easy thing to fix, and it's also not really a big deal for most people. I would quite happily see 1.4 released without it being resolved. My two cents.

It's a big deal for me! Everyone pester Dwarden about it. I do so once a year.

Yah, I thought about that too. Well, JSRS is awesome by now. But this is a strange problem. I dont want to fix an BIS problem. Theres no problem with the delay, at least not on my side! If a sniper shoots at me, and he is 1000 meters away, I hear first the crack and then the shot. The ball strikes first before I hear the shot! This is working all the time on my side. But, with the distand script, the distantsound is always instantly played with the squeeze of the trigger of his gun! So I can hear the shot already before the bullet hits me. In some cases, I might be able to lay down fast and maybe avoid to get hit. Damn, this sucks!

So, only way to fix it, would be, my guess, to let the game think, these distantsounds are based on weapon sounds. So that the game just play two sounds with each shot. Like on the minigun m134, there are two sounds played by each shot. The noise of the turning barrel and the shot itself. So maybe theres a way to add something like that to all other weapons too? Damn, tpm got something like that with ACSE... what the hell happends to this? If they dont work on this anymore, they should handle this over to let others complete their work, for the good of the community.... argh! Getting crazy because of this small fu**ing error.... its the only thing its left... only this small step to be perfect!

I getting old on this BIS stuff...

Jarhead

I have to agree with the others here LJ, you should focus on releasing it and then start wondering about all these engine limitations later. The delay thing has been a problem since forever and everyone should be used to it by now, so I doubt anyone will blame you for it.

I know it's about striving for that perfection when you release something special but this is one of those things you can't iron out in a few days, unfortunately.

So perhaps something to work out for J.S.R.S 1.5? :)

... only this small step to be perfect!

Jarhead

I can tell you, if you want to release something perfect you will just do that as it is right now! :)

It seems like you all just focus on the release... you only want to get this, thats all! Why you just dont be patient and let me handle this. Maybe, in 2012, january or so I will find a way and release it then... :D nah... just kidding! I know you guys cant even wait to get this :P

I guess I found a way just now... got to do some more testing and will tell you if its working good or not...

Jarhead

It seems like you all just focus on the release... you only want to get this, thats all!

We're all selfish by nature mate. Seriously though, i watched the videos with my kids and they can't wait either. So hurry up will you? LOL!!! :p

It seems like you all just focus on the release... you only want to get this, thats all! Why you just dont be patient and let me handle this. Maybe, in 2012, january or so I will find a way and release it then... :D nah... just kidding! I know you guys cant even wait to get this :P

I guess I found a way just now... got to do some more testing and will tell you if its working good or not...

Jarhead

Eek! You're such a tease Jarhead! :p

I think Jarhead should wait until next official patch comes out, then do some testing and see that nothing is broken.

Then release JSRS.

Then he don't have to do things twice.

He might not have to do things twice, but you never know with all the fixes that comes out with patch v1.60.

I think Jarhead should wait until next official patch comes out, then do some testing and see that nothing is broken.

Then release JSRS.

Then he don't have to do things twice.

He might not have to do things twice, but you never know with all the fixes that comes out with patch v1.60.

It's already out in RC, he can test there. Between RC and Release, I doubt they'll implement mod breaking stuff.

It's already out in RC, he can test there. Between RC and Release, I doubt they'll implement mod breaking stuff.

Agreed - it's just tiny tweaks now.

Approaching a firefight sounds awesome in JSRS 1.4

i51nI8daI1E

Wow, you're not kidding - that sounds great! Me likey. :D