What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

(Music fading in) Well then Folks! And in the Meantime, a little bit amusement for you (Music fading out)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sq95zve4g5U

till then..

I laugh my ass of everytime I watch this.

Now think of it this way, LJ is the imperator and you guys asking when will it be released are the stormtroopers. Instead of answering you he could have been working on his soundmod.

Well, if you guys are so inpatient, be sure its done before 2012!

I work my damn ass of to fix the last errors. I dont want you to get nerved by fucking erros and issues and all you have to say is "When is release?" "Wheres the link" "Can I get it?" bla bla bla... just listen to your self sometimes, guys! It's really annoying what some people are writing down here... just be patient... it'll be released when its done!

Argh..... need vacation, thats for sure!

Jarhead

Then stop using the thread as some sort of twitter account with pictures of snow and tons of unrelated comments and then get upset because people actually want to get a hold of it.

Stop making people who ask sound like some sort of bad guys. Don't put a thread in the Complete forum renamed to your upcoming version and then be puzzled why people keep asking.

If you dont like it... get the hell outa here :D You guys want something from me! So you have to live with the terms of my thread lol

If you dont like it... get the hell outa here :D You guys want something from me! So you have to live with the terms of my thread lol

It's a public forum, get down from your high horse.

You named it man......

Guy´s...Jarhead made this for free and in his Freetime. If you dont like his Terms how he show his mod than leave it and take some Other great Sound Mods.

Dont wanna know what happing here if JSRS doesent get released on the 24th?

We have a very different sense of humor I see!

It seems you're right! I'm confused, have people forgotten the word "patience"?

I mean what's the rush, it's done when it's done and that's the end of it! Now hurry up LordJarhead, i'm becoming rather impatient! :p

It seems you're right! I'm confused, have people forgotten the word "patience"?

I mean what's the rush, it's done when it's done and that's the end of it! Now hurry up LordJarhead, i'm becoming rather impatient! :p

Hahaha! Now, thats the kind of humor I understand mate :p

Haha, yah I have to say I'm not innocent of what happened! Sure, was a big mistake to rename the thread! I agree! Yes, I use this nearly like a facebook site, I agree! But are we modders just modders? Mashines making mods and addons for you without being human and happy to have a great community like this to acting with? I dont think so! The problem is, you dont want to know the guys behind the mods, you just focus on the mods... yah, wich is fine, of course! BUT if there is any issue or problem, you going to slap the guys behind that mods in the face with "It's still not working!" "What is so hard to fix that?" and such things!

Well, everything it based on the reciprocities I guess.

Updating base class EnvSounds->CfgEnvSounds, by jsrs_environment_c\config.cpp/CfgWorlds/Takistan/EnvSounds/
Updating base class EnvSounds->CfgEnvSounds, by jsrs_environment_c\config.cpp/CfgWorlds/Zargabad/EnvSounds/

Don't forget! ;)

LJ, do you ever stop working on this mod? You're like a machine!

Updating base class EnvSounds->CfgEnvSounds, by jsrs_environment_c\config.cpp/CfgWorlds/Takistan/EnvSounds/
Updating base class EnvSounds->CfgEnvSounds, by jsrs_environment_c\config.cpp/CfgWorlds/Zargabad/EnvSounds/

Don't forget! ;)

LJ, do you ever stop working on this mod? You're like a machine!

Oh mate, nice you jumped in! I could use your help abit with these entries! But this time the config is bit bigger. Over 60hpp's in that one! I PM you.

Jarhead

Personally LordJarhead i'd rather you released it when it's done and when you're happy with it, rather than release it when some impatient juvenile with an IQ of a fish wants it!

Release it now, i want it! Who moved my fish tank? :p ;)

Hahaha ;)

To be happy with it, I would have to work on this for more then a month I guess. There are thousand things I dont like anymore... fuck my stupid perfectionism!

Jarhead

But be aware that this new script still needs some larg scale MP testing.

If the script turns out to have issues in MP or on servers, I hope that Jarhead will release a SP version anyway.

So the worst case scenario, JSRS is just better than other mods in MP, instead of being waaaaaaay better.

We had no errors on non-dedicated and dedicated servers so far with small groups of maybe 4 members. No RPT's entries (nothing concerning the script at least, some missing wss as usuall with my work, hehe). I guess it will also work smooth with 10 or 15 player. At least I'm not sure for big time number of player like lets say 30 or more.

In SP this is just a dream! Its working smooth, has no errors, will be fine used by AI and has a huge amount of atmospere when you get down because of the soniccracks and then hear "popopopop" in background after that, hehe. We will see how MP suitable it really is!

Jarhead

Personally LordJarhead i'd rather you released it when it's done and when you're happy with it, rather than release it when some impatient juvenile with an IQ of a fish wants it!

Release it now, i want it! Who moved my fish tank? :p ;)

What's funny is, nobody has begged for it in the last few pages. The guy just exploded randomly and now, all the glorious defenders make it sounds like it's an actual problem and anyone who dares ask is a complete pillock.

What's funny is, nobody has begged for it in the last few pages. The guy just exploded randomly and now, all the glorious defenders make it sounds like it's an actual problem and anyone who dares ask is a complete pillock.

Oh men. I guess You have understood this totally wrong!I'm not exploded! That would look very different when I explode right! But everything is ok! What Law-Giver said was regarded as a joke! Please dont understand that wrong! Also, I've already told you that if you're not happy with what happened here in this thread you dont have to visit it! And to be honest: With all the work and leisure which I put into this mod, I can probably expect to write this thread to my standards! And not according to standards, which should have a public thread you think!

Let just cancel this topic! It only leads to more trouble you and I dont need, mate!

Jarhead

Obviously you didn't understand my post! Either that or i haven't got a clue what you're on about. :p

I'm sorry to keep on about this.

Referring to this post in particular; http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=2074183&postcount=3993 Leading up to that post, one guy made a post written in poor English concerning the release and suddenly, it sounds like 50 people just heckled you for a release-date. And then this post, which is just downright rude http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=2074295&postcount=4014 considering one guy MIGHT have asked, until someone can decipher it.

My point is, barely anyone is asking about release dates, so let's not make it sound like an actual problem. When someone ask, just tell them there's no release date yet or as you just said yourself LJ, the 24th - State it in the original post.

Yes you guys may have some banter among yourself which none of us are a part of but stop belittling anyone or cry wolf when there is none. Also about the "misunderstanding humour" part, it's hard to convey humour online among several nationalities, especially when English isn't their strongest suit ( No offense to anyone, I'm not native either ) but it quickly comes across as rude or annoying.

I'm sorry for the thread derailment but being courteous goes all the way round, no need to belittle people. We're all looking forward to your release and do appreciate the hard work.

@Sethos

My apologies, i wasn't asking for a release date i was merely being sarcastic due to the amount of people actually asking for a release date!

The sarcasm was directed at myself. As long as LordJarhead got it i don't really care! If he didn't then no harm done eh! Life's too short! :p

No people were harmed in the making of this post! :D

Edited by Law-Giver

Ok my first plan failed.

Second and last plan: leave LJ alone. (please no referals to the 'leave britney alone'-video for that would be old and immature)

Every second, every minute, every hour he's reading these forum posts is a second, a minute , an hour he isn't working on his soundmod.

Now what do you think would be best?

-Keep on ranting on what has happened in the past.

-Focus on the future by shutting your traps and leave the man so he can do his job and we all can be happy sooner.

Choice is up to you guys but I've made my choice..

Clear?

Just to remember your words! I never wanted to fix the BIS Delay for normal sounds! I wanted to insert a delay for the distancesounds!

So, thanks to Psychobastard we made it! Finally a smooth and nice delay! You got shot by a sniper? You will hear the crack or impact before the distance pop! You got shot by a MG soldier? You hear alot of cracks fading into a burst of pops! You dont believe me?

Do not quote videos!

So! You wanna see the RPT after that small test?

=====================================================================
== A:\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe
== A:\\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe -nosplash -world=empty "-mod=A:\\Meine Addons\@JSRS1.4;A:\\Meine Addons\@CBA;A:\\Expansion\beta;A:\\Expansion\beta\Expansion" 
=====================================================================
Exe timestamp: 2011/12/17 19:02:55
Current time:  2011/12/17 23:45:50

Version 1.60.87305
[7242,158.945,0,"XEH: PreInit Started. v3.3.3. MISSINIT: missionName=Soundtest1, worldName=utes, isMultiplayer=true, isServer=false, isDedicated=false"]
[7242,160.671,0,"XEH: PreInit Finished. CACHE DISABLED? (Disable caching with cba_disable_cache.pbo): SLX_XEH_RECOMPILE=false, CBA_COMPILE_RECOMPILE=false, CBA_FUNC_RECOMPILE=false"]
[7247,162.892,0,"XEH: PostInit Started"]
[7247,162.933,0,"CBA_VERSIONING: cba=0.8.3.175, "]
[7247,162.947,0,"XEH: PostInit Finished. State: _isClient=true, _isJip=false, _isDedClient=true, _isServer=false, _isDedServer=false, _playerCheckDone=true, _sp=false, _startInitDone=true, _postInitDone=true, _mpRespawn=true, _machineType=2, _sessionId=1, BIS_functions=L 1-1-A:1 REMOTE, group=L 1-1-A, player=s2, _playerType="USMC_SoldierS_SniperH", _playerGroup=B 1-1-A"]
[7261,163.458,0,"CBA_VERSIONING_SERVER: cba=0.8.3.175, "]

I guess that was good for a first test. Now we going to start a bigger one with more players!

Thanks for watching.

Jarhead

It was an honor for me LordJarhead! :D But not so fucking hard like some people believe here. hehe...

For this great sound i spend surely a few hours of development and work. Do not be averse to ask me for further development of this engine.

But it's not so fucking hard like some people believe here. hehe...

regards

Edited by Foxhound
quoted video removed