What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Well more reason to stay in, bunker down, get hot soup, put lots of layers on, sit in front of the PC, and get this mod out :)

I'm not so sure you'll be able to find a volunteer scripter. At least not one who will just go and fix a major engine problem that even BIS has been unable to address.
I agree with maturin - this sound delay issue is probably not an easy thing to fix, and it's also not really a big deal for most people. I would quite happily see 1.4 released without it being resolved. My two cents.
It's a big deal for me! Everyone pester Dwarden about it. I do so once a year.
I have to agree with the others here LJ, you should focus on releasing it and then start wondering about all these engine limitations later. The delay thing has been a problem since forever and everyone should be used to it by now, so I doubt anyone will blame you for it.

Just to remember your words! I never wanted to fix the BIS Delay for normal sounds! I wanted to insert a delay for the distancesounds!

So, thanks to Psychobastard we made it! Finally a smooth and nice delay! You got shot by a sniper? You will hear the crack or impact before the distance pop! You got shot by a MG soldier? You hear alot of cracks fading into a burst of pops! You dont believe me?

DBs-ivy88R4?hd=1

So! You wanna see the RPT after that small test?

=====================================================================
== A:\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe
== A:\\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe -nosplash -world=empty "-mod=A:\\Meine Addons\@JSRS1.4;A:\\Meine Addons\@CBA;A:\\Expansion\beta;A:\\Expansion\beta\Expansion" 
=====================================================================
Exe timestamp: 2011/12/17 19:02:55
Current time:  2011/12/17 23:45:50

Version 1.60.87305
Updating base class EnvSounds->CfgEnvSounds, by jsrs_environment_c\config.cpp/CfgWorlds/Takistan/EnvSounds/
Updating base class EnvSounds->CfgEnvSounds, by jsrs_environment_c\config.cpp/CfgWorlds/Zargabad/EnvSounds/
[7242,158.945,0,"XEH: PreInit Started. v3.3.3. MISSINIT: missionName=Soundtest1, worldName=utes, isMultiplayer=true, isServer=false, isDedicated=false"]
[7242,160.671,0,"XEH: PreInit Finished. CACHE DISABLED? (Disable caching with cba_disable_cache.pbo): SLX_XEH_RECOMPILE=false, CBA_COMPILE_RECOMPILE=false, CBA_FUNC_RECOMPILE=false"]
[7247,162.892,0,"XEH: PostInit Started"]
[7247,162.933,0,"CBA_VERSIONING: cba=0.8.3.175, "]
[7247,162.947,0,"XEH: PostInit Finished. State: _isClient=true, _isJip=false, _isDedClient=true, _isServer=false, _isDedServer=false, _playerCheckDone=true, _sp=false, _startInitDone=true, _postInitDone=true, _mpRespawn=true, _machineType=2, _sessionId=1, BIS_functions=L 1-1-A:1 REMOTE, group=L 1-1-A, player=s2, _playerType="USMC_SoldierS_SniperH", _playerGroup=B 1-1-A"]
[7261,163.458,0,"CBA_VERSIONING_SERVER: cba=0.8.3.175, "]

I guess that was good for a first test. Now we going to start a bigger one with more players!

Thanks for watching.

Jarhead

Congrats Made..... I think this would be an Master Peace of Sound in ArmA.

BIS Hear THIS. HIRE THIS MAN FOR ARMA3

Thanks guys! Was alot of fun :D Dont think I wasn't talking but fraps dont record my TS Client.... thanks for the test mates ;)

Jarhead

Its great to see that you've gotten your distance sounds to work, that adds so much more to the effects of your sounds. I just watched the video and love it I cant wait to hear it in my clans games, the chaos that takes place is great with the old versions and the new one will probably leave us with a true sense of accomplishment when we capture a base or save a hostage.

All of it is thanks to you, and those who have helped you through the years.

LordJarhead, I thnk need decrease last 2-3 reverbs after shots, because its sounds like echo in room!

Hi! Nice job people! i Think Bis should hire you team! I see some 1.4 Vids about a beta. I can test it? Where I can find it?

Is the delay between the sound of the bullet near the target and the sound of the weapon firing dependant on bullet velocity?

Is the delay between the sound of the bullet near the target and the sound of the weapon firing dependant on bullet velocity?

You hear the bullet as soon as it flies by you. The bullet flies with oversonic speed so you will hear the shot after the sonic crack. If the shooter is one km far, then you will hear the shoot aprox. 3 seconds after it has been fired.

But be aware that this new script still needs some larg scale MP testing.

But will the same thing happen with subsonic round like the 9x19?

No! The Bullet takes a longer time to arive the target. It all depends on the distance. With subsonic ammunition and SD ammunition that will not work so easy! The ammunition will take longer than Super Sonic variants. So the ball will hit normally with the shot noise! In itself, you will not shoot that far away, that you can listen to a long delay of more than 1.5 seconds.

The script delay works on realistic benchmarks. The speed of sound in air is usually given with 343 m/s for 20 ° C. This corresponds to about 1235 km/h! So it's always on the bullet and its speed when you will hear the crack and when the distance sound. And I can not change anything at the speed of the bullets in arma. So the script runs as real as it can be. The rest is BIS failures.

But after the test yesterday, I can say its working great without any lags or RPT's! Now we will do a bigger test with more members and will see how smooth it runs.

Thanks alot!

Jarhead

No! The Bullet takes a longer time to arive the target. It all depends on the distance. With subsonic ammunition and SD ammunition that will not work so easy! The ammunition will take longer than Super Sonic variants. So the ball will hit normally with the shot noise! In itself, you will not shoot that far away, that you can listen to a long delay of more than 1.5 seconds.

The script delay works on realistic benchmarks. The speed of sound in air is usually given with 343 m/s for 20 ° C. This corresponds to about 1235 km/h! So it's always on the bullet and its speed when you will hear the crack and when the distance sound. And I can not change anything at the speed of the bullets in arma. So the script runs as real as it can be. The rest is BIS failures.

But after the test yesterday, I can say its working great without any lags or RPT's! Now we will do a bigger test with more members and will see how smooth it runs.

Thanks alot!

Jarhead

ok , J.S.R.S. 1.4 release the fall december ,waiting

Well, if you guys are so inpatient, be sure its done before 2012!

I work my damn ass of to fix the last errors. I dont want you to get nerved by fucking erros and issues and all you have to say is "When is release?" "Wheres the link" "Can I get it?" bla bla bla... just listen to your self sometimes, guys! It's really annoying what some people are writing down here... just be patient... it'll be released when its done!

Argh..... need vacation, thats for sure!

Jarhead

ok , J.S.R.S. 1.4 release the fall december ,waiting

I don´t get it Mate. This is another great Improvement, and in full+stable State it will be mindblowing, even when it will be released later.

Isn´t it worth simply waiting for this without such Thumb things etc.? It´s no motivation for Addonmakers. Think about that :butbut:

LJ you could ofcourse lock the thread untill you are ready? so you can focus..

I don't know if it's possible..maybe only an admin can do that

Maybe next time you simply don't open a new thread in "Addons & Mods: Complete" if your new addon/mod is not ready to be released. It is one thing to see this mess from the "OMG that's the best mod evar...release it naaoooww!!" - crew. But its somehow fishy if the creator start pushing his own thread above others who have released their work and there is still - no release. Simple solution would have been to make or move this thread into "Addons & Mods: Discussion" until addon/mod is done = complete + released. :)

Maybe next time you simply don't open a new thread in "Addons & Mods: Complete" if your new addon/mod is not ready to be released. It is one thing to see this mess from the "OMG that's the best mod evar...release it naaoooww!!" - crew. But its somehow fishy if the creator start pushing his own thread above others who have released their work and there is still - no release. Simple solution would have been to make or move this thread into "Addons & Mods: Discussion" until addon/mod is done = complete + released. :)

Otherwise we should create a Ticket at DH. Surely vote for that. :D

Maybe next time you simply don't open a new thread in "Addons & Mods: Complete"

This thread is not new! Its already old! I was working a 1.4 while 1.33 was out. So I renamed it because I dont want to start an extra 1.4 thread in the discussions.

Ah... Its to late to put it into the discussions thread. Release is 24th. this month. Marry Christmas, what a "surprise!"

I dont give a shit anymore! This is my thread and I call it the way I want to... BAM! :cool: Now take it and leave me be!

Jarhead

I don´t get it Mate. This is another great Improvement, and in full+stable State it will be mindblowing, even when it will be released later.

Isn´t it worth simply waiting for this without such Thumb things etc.? It´s no motivation for Addonmakers. Think about that :butbut:

I am not asking when release and release mod now.

I am waiting real sound mod for ARMA2.

LJ thank you for hard work on the 1.4

Well, if you guys are so inpatient, be sure its done before 2012!

I work my damn ass of to fix the last errors. I dont want you to get nerved by fucking erros and issues and all you have to say is "When is release?" "Wheres the link" "Can I get it?" bla bla bla... just listen to your self sometimes, guys! It's really annoying what some people are writing down here... just be patient... it'll be released when its done!

Argh..... need vacation, thats for sure!

Jarhead

To be fair to them, you do keep dangling the carrot in front of them, and keep saying they can't have it yet :P.