What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Jarhead.

firstly congrats on the mod release, had this a while now and seeing as i only use a small array of weapons in game i have never really noticed too many problems, but i do have a simple request for you please mate

could you update your "J.S.R.S Downloads" post with the most recent patches, as i currently have no idea what version i am on and i have no clue what patches are available !

cheers mate

Dont worry mate, if you have 1.3 FuLL downloaded, you have already the last version. There will be a patch in some hours maybe ;) Then I update the Download Section of course!

Jarhead

So here we go:

J.S.R.S. Patch 1.31 ~ 26MB

Check some stuff like the AAVP and the CH47 for the missing wss rpts. Take a look on several vehicles, play a few rounds and tell whats up and please, post the RPT's right here ;)

Thanks alot,

Jarhead

So here we go:

J.S.R.S. Patch 1.31 ~ 26MB

Check some stuff like the AAVP and the CH47 for the missing wss rpts. Take a look on several vehicles, play a few rounds and tell whats up and please, post the RPT's right here ;)

Thanks alot,

Jarhead

thank`s for patch and you hard work to the J.S.R.S mod

A lotta nagging old bugs whacked in this patch. Nice.

Some observations and glitches:

Stingers in an AA pod have vanilla sounds, but the handheld version works.

The MLRS launch sound could be really loud if you wanted, and the SPG-9 could also be a bit louder.

The 30mm cannon on the Su-25 and Su-24 are vanilla and could be given the same cannon sounds as the F-35 or AV-8B.

Konkurs, AGS-30 and Tow work in all forms and sound great. The M197 fits real well with the Apache's cannon.

Here's some RPT stuff.

Conflicting addon acex_c_wep_hk in 'jsrs_hk417\', previous definition in 'jsrs_hk416\'

Conflicting addon JSRS_SU25 in 'jsrs_su25_c\', previous definition in 'jsrs_a10_c\'

Conflicting addon acex_c_wep_hk in 'x\acex_usnavy\addons\a2_compat\', previous definition in 'jsrs_hk416\'

Updating base class Sounds->, by jsrs_humvee_c\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/HMMWV_Base/Sounds/

Updating base class Engine->, by jsrs_humvee_c\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/HMMWV_Base/Sounds/Engine/

Updating base class Sounds->, by jsrs_uaz_c\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/UAZ_Base/Sounds/

Updating base class Engine->, by jsrs_uaz_c\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/UAZ_Base/Sounds/Engine/

Updating base class Sounds->, by jsrs_abrams_c\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/M1A1/Sounds/

Updating base class Engine->, by jsrs_abrams_c\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/M1A1/Sounds/Engine/

Updating base class ->Sounds, by ca\tracked_d_baf\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BAF_FV510_D/Sounds/

Updating base class ->Engine, by ca\tracked_d_baf\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BAF_FV510_D/Sounds/Engine/

Updating base class M4A1->M4A1_Aim, by jsrs_hk416\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ACE_HK416_D10_AIM/

Updating base class Single->Single, by jsrs_hk416\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ACE_HK416_D10_AIM/Single/

Updating base class FullAuto->FullAuto, by jsrs_hk416\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ACE_HK416_D10_AIM/FullAuto/

Updating base class MainTurret->MainTurret, by x\ace\addons\c_vehicle\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BAF_Jackal2_L2A1_D/Turrets/M2_Turret/

Updating base class MainTurret->MainTurret, by x\ace\addons\c_vehicle\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BAF_Jackal2_GMG_D/Turrets/GMG_Turret/

I know we love to bitch about .rpt, but does updating base class really matter? In this one I appear to have ACE 2 and even the vanilla game doing it.

I do have a billion and half lines of this:

Cannot load sound 'nst\ns\sounds\new_atmos\amb_town_02.ogg'

I'm not sure whether JSRS is causing that, because I don't use your environment sounds and I wasn't using any other modules or addons that I can blame it on. Do any of your .pbos have dependencies on a sound by that name?

Edited by maturin

A lotta nagging old bugs whacked in this patch. Nice.

Some observations and glitches:

Stingers in an AA pod have vanilla sounds, but the handheld version works.

The MLRS launch sound could be really loud if you wanted, and the SPG-9 could also be a bit louder.

The 30mm cannon on the Su-25 and Su-24 are vanilla and could be given the same cannon sounds as the F-35 or AV-8B.

Konkurs, AGS-30 and Tow work in all forms and sound great. The M197 fits real well with the Apache's cannon.

Here's some RPT stuff.

I know we love to bitch about .rpt, but does updating base class really matter? In this one I appear to have ACE 2 and even the vanilla game doing it.

I do have a billion and half lines of this:

Cannot load sound 'nst\ns\sounds\new_atmos\amb_town_02.ogg'

I'm not sure whether JSRS is causing that, because I don't use your environment sounds and I wasn't using any other modules or addons that I can blame it on. Do any of your .pbos have dependencies on a sound by that name?

Then you will be sure to find some, he he. I just put some small stuff together, hope I get to the right spots.

Including followings:

A10_c.pbo, AAVP_c.pbo, CH47.pbo and _c.pbo, F35B_c.pbo, Su25.pbo and _c.pbo, Su34_c.pbo, ags_c.pbo, AT5Launchers_c.pbo, Flares.pbo and _c.pbo, Gau8.pbo and _c.pbo, Kord_c.pbo, M197.pbo and _c.pbo, mrls.pbo and _c.pbo, Tow_c.pbo, vstinger_c.pbo.

Do me a favour: If you don't want to delete any of those sounds, please: ONLY DELETE THE _c.pbo FILES! This is importand, because several _c.pbo rely on some other named .pbo!

Thanks again for your time.

Jarhead

Jarhead's Alter Ego? ^^

Thanks for the patch mate, will be testing it asap :)

Thanks

Patch downloaded and merged with the 1.3 Full.

I don't use ACE, so I'm not checking those addons.

Hopefully I get to test this later on this evening.

If you're patching classes then you're doing it wrong.

Seems to be like that. How to make it right than`? Because I need those classes to bring the Sounds straight like I want...

I need a Low and High engine class for Tanks like Abrams and so on. Otherwise this sounds like shit...^^

Jarhead

This is strange, but I think I get it...

So not touching the class MGun; but touching the class TAG_MGun: MGun to avoid this errors, for example...

Hmm, i have to look into my CA to get some more informations.

Thanks Hellfire, realy helped me out this time !

Jarhead

Testet all firearms but no vehicles yet.

Found only those errors allready reported and I wet my pants in the testing....

FU***** AWESOME!

EDIT:

ops, forgot.

Did not test ACE sounds, and not going to. Tested just on client. A2:CO, BAF and PMC.

Testet with beta 81867.

Edited by NoBrainer

This is strange, but I think I get it...

So not touching the class MGun; but touching the class TAG_MGun: MGun to avoid this errors, for example...

Hmm, i have to look into my CA to get some more informations.

Thanks Hellfire, realy helped me out this time !

Jarhead

Yeah it took me a while to get it, but then it suddenly clicked and I understood it. You'll get it! :D

This might help you a bit.

I thought that you have to "patch" or override the class to make the sound actually work?

I thought that you have to "patch" or override the class to make the sound actually work?

Correct..... but inheriting BASE classes (Mgun etc) allows you to edit core values that multiple classes ingame may use. Thus causing a domino effect of issues down addons that use the same base class.

Correct..... but inheriting BASE classes (Mgun etc) allows you to edit core values that multiple classes ingame may use. Thus causing a domino effect of issues down addons that use the same base class.

Ah ok, I didn't read clear enough in the quoted link. I thought it was detering from patching classes at all :)

So maybe kju should explain this to me in my language... ^^

So does this mean, I should never patch the BASE class of an ... lets say, Vehicle for example. I have to address the direct vehicle at his self if I want to patch it ...

I mean, lets get into the config of the humvee iE:

Thats the Humvee config in detail

class CfgPatches

{

class JSRS_Humvee

{

units[] = {};

weapons[] = {};

requiredVersion = 0.1;

requiredAddons[] = {"CA_AIR_E_MQ9PredatorB","CA_AIR_E_Su25","CA_Animals_E","CA_CruiseMissile","CA_Dubbing_E","CA_Dubbing_PMC","CA_DubbingRadio_PMC","CAAir_BAF_CH_47F","CAAir_E_A10","CAAir_E_C130J","CAAir_E_Halo","CAAir_E_Mi24","CAAir_E_MI8","CAAir_E_UH60M","CAAir_PMC_KA137","CAAir_PMC_KA60","CAAir2_Pchela1T","CASounds_E","CATracked_E_BMP2","CATracked_E_M1_Abrams","CATracked_E_M113","CATracked_E_M2A2_Bradley","CATracked_E_T34","CATracked_E_T55","CATracked_E_T72","CATracked_E_us_m270mlrs","CATracked_E_ZSU","CATracked_W_BAF","CATracked2_AAV","CATracked2_BMP3","CATracked2_T90","CAWater2_Destroyer","CAWater2_fishing_boat","CAWater2_Fregata","CAWater2_seafox_EP1","CAWater2_smallboat_1","CAWeapons_AmmoBoxes","CAWeapons_DMR","CAWeapons_E_AGS","CAWeapons_E_AK","CAWeapons_E_Colt1911","CAWeapons_E_D30","CAWeapons_E_DSHKM","CAWeapons_E_FIM92_static","CAWeapons_E_fnfal","CAWeapons_E_G36","CAWeapons_E_GrenadeLauncher","CAWeapons_E_Igla","CAWeapons_E_Javelin","CAWeapons_E_KORD","CAWeapons_E_ksvk","CAWeapons_E_LeeEnfield","CAweapons_E_m107","CAWeapons_E_M110","CAWeapons_E_M119_Howitzer","CAWeapons_E_M136","CAWeapons_E_M14","CAWeapons_E_M16","CAWeapons_E_M240","CAWeapons_E_M252_81mm_Mortar","CAWeapons_E_M2StaticMG","CAWeapons_E_M47","CAWeapons_E_M9","CAWeapons_E_MAAWS","CAWeapons_E_Makarov","CAWeapons_E_Metis","CAWeapons_E_Mk19_MiniTriPod","CAWeapons_E_PK","CAWeapons_E_Podnos_2b14_82mm","CAWeapons_E_RPG18","CAWeapons_E_RPG7","CAWeapons_E_scar","CAWeapons_E_Searchlight","CAWeapons_E_SPG9","CAWeapons_E_STATIC","CAWeapons_E_Stinger","CAWeapons_E_Strela","CAWeapons_E_TOW","CAWeapons_E_ZU23","CAWeapons_PMC_AA_12","CAWeapons_PMC_AS50","CAWeapons2_HuntingRifle","CAWeapons2_SMAW","CAWheeled_E_BRDM2","CAWheeled_E_BTR40","CAWheeled_E_BTR60","CAWheeled_E_HMMWV","CAWheeled_E_Ikarus","CAWheeled_E_LADA","CAWheeled_E_M1030","CAWheeled_E_MTVR","CAWheeled_E_Offroad","CAWheeled_E_Old_bike","CAWheeled_E_Old_moto","CAWheeled_E_Pickup","CAWheeled_E_s1203","CAWheeled_E_SCUD","CAWheeled_E_stryker","CAWheeled_E_SUV","CAWheeled_E_TT650","CAWheeled_E_UAZ","CAWheeled_E_Ural","CAWheeled_E_V3S","CAWheeled_E_Volha","CAWheeled_PMC_ArmoredSUV","CAWheeled_W_BAF","CAWheeled2_BTR90","CAWheeled2_GAZ39371","CAWheeled2_LAV25","CAWheeled2_MMT","CAWheeled2_TowingTractor","CAWheeled2_VWGolf","Warfare2_E","Warfare2Vehicles"};

version = "2011-05-22";

projectName = "JSRS - Jarheads Sounds Redeployment Systems";

author = "LordJarhead";

};

};

class Turrets;

class MainTurret;

class Sounds;

class Engine;

class CfgVehicles

{

class Car;

class HMMWV_Base: Car

{

soundEngineOnInt[] = {"\JSRS_Humvee\Int_Start",1,1};

soundEngineOnExt[] = {"\JSRS_Humvee\Ext_Start",1,1,250};

soundEngineOffInt[] = {"\JSRS_Humvee\Int_Off",1,1};

soundEngineOffExt[] = {"\JSRS_Humvee\Ext_Off",1,1,250};

class SoundEvents

{

class AccelerationIn

{

sound[] = {"\JSRS_Humvee\Int_Acc",1,1};

};

class AccelerationOut

{

sound[] = {"\JSRS_Humvee\Ext_Acc",1,1,300};

};

};

class Sounds: Sounds - This is making trouble, right?

{

class Engine: Engine - This too...

{

sound[] = {"\JSRS_Humvee\Ext_Low",1,1,300};

volume = "engineOn*camPos*(rpm factor[0.2,1])";

cone[] = {1.75,2,1.5,1.25};

};

class EngineHighOut

{

sound[] = {"\JSRS_Humvee\Ext_High",1,1,400};

frequency = "(randomizer*0.05+0.95)*rpm";

volume = "engineOn*camPos*(thrust factor[0.5,1])";

};

class IdleOut

{

sound[] = {"\JSRS_Humvee\Ext_Idle",1,1,250};

frequency = "1";

volume = "1.25*engineOn*camPos*(rpm factor[0.5,0.15])";

};

class NoiseOut

{

sound[] = {"\JSRS_Humvee\Ext_Noises",1,1,200};

};

class EngineLowIn

{

sound[] = {"\JSRS_Humvee\Int_Low",1,1};

};

class EngineHighIn

{

sound[] = {"\JSRS_Humvee\Int_High",1,1};

};

class IdleIn

{

sound[] = {"\JSRS_Humvee\Int_Idle",1,1};

frequency = "1";

volume = "2*engineOn*(1-camPos)*(rpm factor[0.6,0.15])";

};

class NoiseIn

{

sound[] = {"\JSRS_Humvee\Int_Noises",1,1};

};

};

class Turrets: Turrets

{

class MainTurret: MainTurret

{

soundServo[] = {"\JSRS_Humvee\Turret",1,1,25};

};

};

};

};

So I shouldnt add the classes Sound and Engine at this point:

};

class Turrets;

class MainTurret;

class Sounds;

class Engine;

class CfgVehicles

{

If I do not add them into there, I can not respond the classes further down, right?

Could an Config-Men please rework this config so its be like it have to be? Because this would really explain alot to me I guess...

Thanks guys,

Jarhead

EDIT:

Just an Idea, but if it look like that it should be fine, or not?

class CfgVehicles

{

class Car;

class HMMWV_Base: Car

{

soundEngineOnInt[] = {"\JSRS_Humvee\Int_Start",1,1};

soundEngineOnExt[] = {"\JSRS_Humvee\Ext_Start",1,1,250};

soundEngineOffInt[] = {"\JSRS_Humvee\Int_Off",1,1};

soundEngineOffExt[] = {"\JSRS_Humvee\Ext_Off",1,1,250};

class SoundEvents

{

class AccelerationIn

{

sound[] = {"\JSRS_Humvee\Int_Acc",1,1};

};

class AccelerationOut

{

sound[] = {"\JSRS_Humvee\Ext_Acc",1,1,300};

};

};

class Sounds

{

class Engine

{

sound[] = {"\JSRS_Humvee\Ext_Low",1,1,300};

volume = "engineOn*camPos*(rpm factor[0.2,1])";

};

class EngineHighOut

{

sound[] = {"\JSRS_Humvee\Ext_High",1,1,400};

frequency = "(randomizer*0.05+0.95)*rpm";

volume = "engineOn*camPos*(thrust factor[0.5,1])";

};

class IdleOut

{

sound[] = {"\JSRS_Humvee\Ext_Idle",1,1,250};

frequency = "1";

volume = "1.25*engineOn*camPos*(rpm factor[0.5,0.15])";

};

class NoiseOut

{

sound[] = {"\JSRS_Humvee\Ext_Noises",1,1,200};

};

class EngineLowIn

{

sound[] = {"\JSRS_Humvee\Int_Low",1,1};

};

class EngineHighIn

{

sound[] = {"\JSRS_Humvee\Int_High",1,1};

};

class IdleIn

{

sound[] = {"\JSRS_Humvee\Int_Idle",1,1};

frequency = "1";

volume = "2*engineOn*(1-camPos)*(rpm factor[0.6,0.15])";

};

class NoiseIn

{

sound[] = {"\JSRS_Humvee\Int_Noises",1,1};

};

};

Edited by LordJarhead

Basically... if the patching errors in RPT disappear, and your sounds work... generally you're ok.

So maybe kju should explain this to me in my language... ^^

Yeah guys, if you speak German, please tell him in German. There might be a small language barrier here.

Basically... if the patching errors in RPT disappear, and your sounds work... generally you're ok.

Ok thanks mate... I will set up all the file named in the Rpt's and make another patch ;)

Thanks alot,

Jarhead

mmmh, ifear it ain´t that easy.

Generally updating baseclass is bad, bad, bad!

If ACE2 does it (which it doesn´t) ... ask them, they might have a reason for it...

Normally any mod must not ever alter base classes. Period.

We´ve had this one little updating baseclass thingie in cal.68 1.0 release, i never knew where it came from since everything seemed to be alright, but shortly after our initial release rocko fixed it in a matter of seconds because he knew - and here it comes - that arma2 inheritance works slightly different than oa inheritance. Who would´ve guess that?!

It´s like:

/*extern*/ class Mode_SemiAuto{};
/*extern*/ class Mode_FullAuto{};

^^ fine in A2, but updating base class in A2CO

/*extern*/ class Mode_SemiAuto;	//rocko was here 
/*extern*/ class Mode_FullAuto;	//rocko was here

^^ fine in A2CO, A2 not checked

Mind the missing {} for A2CO, & disregard the externs, it´s just the way i learned to highlight inheritance

Edited by Mr Burns

Is it just me or do people have hifi_m134 and jsrs_m302 show up in their mission.sqm from time to time?

Is there a way to get rid of that? I keep forgetting to take off JSRS when mission making, and by the time i've pboed it, put it on server, connected, mission doesnt load, realised and had to re-do it, I'm frustrated to the shit lol. Any workarounds? (besides obviously disabling the mod...)

As far as I know this has already been fixed. Workaround for such a thing would be to delete these two specific .pbos becouse its modular. No need to disable whole mod.

Maybe I rework the Humvee and uploading the file for someone to test if its working !?!?! Anyone wants to help me testing this?

Jarhead