What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Well, first i have to get this thing. After this i have to disassemble it to get the configs, after this i have to make my own configs with the new entrys and so on... So, maybe i get the DLC this week. After this i can move on to work with that... sounds making is no problem so far. But i need the Configs of course too...

So, it'll take a while.

Jarhead

Take your time mate. Getting it right is better than rushing it out.

Yah, like Bohemia it does. Now Patches all over the Place.

One or more Month longer and it would be fine, but no: "We want to be the first once on the Market!" Bullshit.

"Much good work can be ruined by the loss of further work."

Jarhead

PS: Is there anyone who can tell me why the G36MG causes Lags on Multiplayer? The config is like all the others. Why is that like this??? Thanks for anything that could help me.

Edited by LordJarhead

I think it's not the config...

Something with the sound - e.g. FFAR sound already crashed my OA 2 times...

I'm 100% sure - checked with other sounds, configs - fine.

Ok, i Edited some new Sounds for the MG36 and the FFAR RocketPods.

So, i have no Idea if its work in Game, you have to test it than.

I also edited some new Sounds for the Helicopters, so you can hear a low Radio-chatter indoor in the Background when flying around.

I also have an new CH47 Chinook sound.

I reworked following Weapons:

AK47

AKM

AKS74

AKS74UN

BIZON SD

BIZON

M2HMG

M4A1

M4A3

M4A1RCO

M4A1AIM

G36A

G36K

G36C

G36MG

FNFAL

GLOCK17

M14

M24

M40

M240

M249

MP5

MP5SD

PKM

RPK

SCAR L

SCAR H

SPR

SVD CAMO

SVD

YakB

M134

MAKA

M9

M9SD

M1911

Added different Gear Sounds for US/RU/Civ. A Civilian don't sounds so heavy packed now.

Reworked all Helicopter Indoors.

Reset some Volume-Differences between the Vehicles.

Reworked some Explosions.

Thats it so far. Not much. But you can see what happening when i sitting at Home^^

Ok, To Do:

Fix some Performance Problems (I maybe have to delete the Half of the Sounds to do this)

Rework some Configs to fit everything a bit better

Rework the AH64 because M203 becomes required when Editing a Mission (Anyone an Idea? Because the Config looks clear??)

Rework LAV25 Config for missing High-Ext sound

Rework some Vehicles and Add some more

Bring it out than (last Beta test version 0.99)

Prepare for RC Version

So, as always: Something i forget?

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

To take some rest ? :colgate:

Anyway, thank you for your mod and the way you take care of it. It's really amazing, and it feels like I am listening to a symphony made of weapons and explosions.

Your mod is definitively a must have.

To take some rest ? :colgate:

Anyway, thank you for your mod and the way you take care of it. It's really amazing, and it feels like I am listening to a symphony made of weapons and explosions.

Your mod is definitively a must have.

Thank you so much. A symphony? Haha, i like that:D

Jarhead

Hey fella ... as others have said..it's YOUR mod so do with it what you want.

Modding is supposed to be FUN so enjoy yourself..don't make it a frustrating effort in futility trying to please everyone...you just can't.

Ton's of us here appreciating your efforts and just simply enjoying the fruits of your labour.

Looking forward to the next release... ;)

Jarhead

the XM8s ;) the original doesnt sound so real and a new sound would be nice

Ah, yah, XM8.... i forget that. HiFi Mod reminds me sometimes, but I do not feel like it. It was not in my mind. But i guess i have to do now. All others are done, so why not. Maybe its in the next Update than.

Someone help plz, i want to add the bullet hit sound from JRS mod but want to keep all other CSM2 sound which file should i change?

The bullet hits are the JSRS_Bullethits.pbo in the @JSRS-E folder. But i have no Idea of the CSM2 SM files. So you have to look wich pbo from CSM contains the Hits. Than you have to delete them and insert mine.

Jarhead

The bullet hits are the JSRS_Bullethits.pbo in the @JSRS-E folder. But i have no Idea of the CSM2 SM files. So you have to look wich pbo from CSM contains the Hits. Than you have to delete them and insert mine.

Jarhead

Forgat to say thank u very much for this great addon :)

Someone help plz, i want to add the bullet hit sound from JRS mod but want to keep all other CSM2 sound which file should i change?

So far I have found that CSM2 isn't fully modular so bullet hits are all in with a pbo and other sounds so i tried this and couldn't mix it, the best I got was using HIFI's.

@Jarhead: Glad to see your working on new things, as regards you "own" work, I think you pandered to request pretty well in the last mod and covered many bases in such a short time, others wouldn't have. Whats left is a great overall mod with some minor things people can swap out as you were generous enough to make them fully modular, looking forward to the new work.

Edited by mrcash2009

Thx Cash.

I reworked all Stand-Up and Lay-Down sounds in the Movement. If you now Unarmed, you dont hear the Gear sounds anymore. But when you are armed, you hear them of course. Now with different Gear Sounds for Civilians/Soldiers and so on.

I also made a new Video, but its about 25 Minutes long ^^ and so i cannot loaded it up to YT until i split it of in two parts. But who want to looks a 25 minutes long Video anyway?^^

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

No, first i have to wait for the release if the full patch... every new Beta patch can change the entries in the config again. Make no sense.

I would like to see the 25 minutes long video :D

Sad relaiting the M4 sound (it`s my favotite weapon ;) ) but i can understand you.

Only a little question: Comes The final version of your fantastic mod with the next OA full patch ?

Edited by bensdale

When the new Patches are be there, i can work with them. But if they take to long and coming later, i will bring it earlier and fix maybe caused problems with Mod Patches.

No, first i have to wait for the release if the full patch... every new Beta patch can change the entries in the config again. Make no sense.

Ok, understandable. Thanks anyways for the great mod

Hey guys, did the latest OA patch break some of this mods sounds for air units such as the Mi-24D for Takistan? i've not been active in game over the last month as i've been busy with things but just picked it back up earlier today and noticed i have no sound for the cannon... either no sound or VERY very quiet.

p.s love the new t-72 engine sound you added.

Always this fucking patching stuff by bis. Why they don't make a game that don't need any patches?^^

I check this, but i guess its the same as for the M4A3: They changed the Config-Entrys again.

When the real Patch is there, i can fix this. But now, make no sense, because they could change it again and again until the real patch is there.

Oh, and nice to see someone likes my T72 Sound. Well, i like it too :D Bad Joke again. Im so fucking funny today :/^^

Jarhead

I'm sure this has been asked a million times already, but a search yielded a lot of undesirable results.

How do I get this running in OA running the latest beta patch and ACE2? I have a launcher so I don't need to know exact command line parameters, but launch order and that sorta thing would help. Thanks.

EDIT: Oh and does this require Combined Operations? I have CO, but I prefer to just run OA independently.