What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Oops, you mean the ACE AK's using vanilla sounds? Well, could you tell me at least which weapons are affected?

Jarhead

From what I have noticed, it affects every weapon using the AK-74 sound, it also may affect AKM sounds, I will test that to see if it does.

Cheers for the response, militant.

EDIT: I tested with AK-47's, they seem to not be affected, so I'd say it is every weapon with the AK-74 sound only.

Edited by Militantsausage

I noticed in the header of the announcement it says:

"You have to put a car on the map!

You have to put on 128 samples!"

What exactly is this about?

I noticed in the header of the announcement it says:

"You have to put a car on the map!

You have to put on 128 samples!"

What exactly is this about?

There must be a vehicle, some sort of vehicle, no matter what on the map to start the script. And you have to set up 128 soundsamples in the audio options of the game...

Jarhead

about the AK using the vanilla sound, I noticed that too even without ACE, but it happens when the AK's firing at very far away... a faraway sound so to speak. BUt I never actually test it, so I could be wrong. JUst noticed it some of my firefights while testing HAC and JSRS

There must be a vehicle, some sort of vehicle, no matter what on the map to start the script. And you have to set up 128 soundsamples in the audio options of the game...

Jarhead

OK I understand the 128 limit but does this mean that your infamous distance-attenuation script only works with missions that have vehicules in them? Or does it only work in user-created missions?

Jarhead

Wait a minute. You mean that in the editor for example I need to place a vehicle anywhere to initiate your sound script, if I don't then there wont be any of your sounds enable?

Yes , its exactly what LJ said. You have to put a vehicle empty or not to initiate the script. Easy to do I guess ;)

And you have to set up 128 soundsamples in the audio options of the game...

Guess I won't fully enjoy this mod then lol. I never run at 128 samples, get lower performance.

To be honest you can run it a lower level and still enjoy it very much. No big difference if you ask me.

There no big performance hit because of 128 sounds!?!? This cant be! Otherwise I say delete the environment.pbo and envirpnment_c.pbo to get a bit better performance on low end PC's.

And yes, a vehicles must be on the map. No matter what vehicle! Theres no problem to put a vehicle on it, isnt it? And to be honest, there is no BIS Mission or Campaign where no cars or vehicles at all on the map. So no big deal!

Jarhead

Putting your sound samples at 128 does not lower your FPS.

When you have 128 sounds playing, yeah, that lowers your FPS.

That doesn't bother me so much personally, because if I have a hundred AI doing volley fire, my FPS sucks anyways. And when there are dozens of FFARs or autocannon rounds impacting on my head, my survival is pure luck, not a matter of fine-tuned control. It's a very momentary FPS hit.

Edit: And regarding the vanilla AK-74 sounds, this was a problem from 1.13. If you recall, ACE added a sort of burst fire mode for the AI to use. So when the AI uses the AK-74, you will get occasional vanilla sounds. At any range.

I know simply putting it at the setting doesn't lower performance, but it sets you up to have bad performance in fire fights, so yes, it does lower performance in the long run lol.

Lol I bought a new keyboard so Im cool until next update .

A bad habit it is :)

Were you able to resolve the script problem you discovered JH? :)

The only thing I hope for is louder distant sound battles. Not much though.

Thank you once more. Your spirit as a developer reminds me of Bis people. Maybe you can join them you have a lot in common :)

The only thing I hope for is louder distant sound battles. Not much though.

Thank you once more. Your spirit as a developer reminds me of Bis people. Maybe you can join them you have a lot in common :)

I agree with this. I would guess that most users of JSRS 1.4 would prefer to have the distance sounds fixed ASAP at the expense of other less important fixes such as some weapons having vanilla sounds.

And I also agree that Jarhead's work ethic is similar to that of BIS! And also the ACE team. :bounce3:

This is because ACE got his own config and sound for the gau. Get into @ACE/AddOns and delete the a_sys_A10.pbo! Only if you want to, I dont want you to delete other modders work!

Sadly this doesn´t work. If you rid off the .pbo, the whole Weapon is not aviable anymore. :(

The individual sounds are wonderful. The battlefield is really good, just quiet :) Glad to see you are working on this issue LJH !

Cheers mate.

Sadly this doesn´t work. If you rid off the .pbo, the whole Weapon is not aviable anymore. :(

I removed them, weapon still works fine and I got JSRS sounds.

Mod is good, however, i notice you have changed the echo sounds. The former were better, either that or i'm not hearing things right. Good job though.

I removed them, weapon still works fine and I got JSRS sounds.

Have to double-check that. Thanks for the Info.

Yes , its exactly what LJ said. You have to put a vehicle empty or not to initiate the script. Easy to do I guess ;)

LOL, LOL. Talking about a placebo effect. I thought I was hearing his sounds all this time! I guess is my fault since frankly, I started playing Arma from the get go with sound mods and, therefore, I haven't heard completely vanilla sounds.