What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Hold on. Only the *distance script* requires a vehicle on the map. The sounds will always work.

If you play without the distance script, the only major difference will be far-off gunshots often lacking the proper delay.

Hold on. Only the *distance script* requires a vehicle on the map. The sounds will always work.

If you play without the distance script, the only major difference will be far-off gunshots often lacking the proper delay.

Oh, ok. For a moment I thought I was going insane. Was that detail further explained in the announcement of the mod?

Oh, ok. For a moment I thought I was going insane. Was that detail further explained in the announcement of the mod?

No it wasnt, my fault! I forgot about that.

The distancesounds will not be played at all if you dont have a vehicle on the map, this is because of the important entry: particlesource" createVehicleLocal (position _weapon);\

At the moment, we cant get around that. So, just place a UAZ or what ever somewhere on the map... and you'll run fine ;)

We will update the ReadMe will all important informations!

Jarhead

LordJarhead sorry to be a pain in the ass but I wonder if you have planned to change and make the distant battle sounds a little bit higher? Is this something in your agenda?

LordJarhead sorry to be a pain in the ass but I wonder if you have planned to change and make the distant battle sounds a little bit higher? Is this something in your agenda?

See preview changelog some pages back:

PreView Changelog:

*Changed: Range and distance of script command (will fade in after more than 100 meters now)

*Changed: Reworked most Configs for more soundrange of normal weapon sounds (fading out after 400, 450 meters, no quiet battlefields. )

*Added: SMAW added to the NLAW Config

*Changed: Reworkd the GAU12 sounds to get rid of burst sounds

*Changed: Reduced distance of far-crack sounds

*Added: MAAWS launcher to NLAW config

Maybe I make the distance sounds abit louder too!

Jarhead

Ohh, please not only maybe ;) I set up a small tank battle to test your mod and put my self on a safe distance. I could see the tanks roll in but I couldnt hear them. I could hear when they started to shoot though, lovelly sounds!

So yes please, tweak up the distance sounds for the weapons, but most importantly increase the distance for engine sounds! I couldnt hear the M1A2 and the T72's engines from about 1-1.5 km. In RL you can hear T-72 rumble loong distances! I know from personal experience :)

I will do a test now and see if its only the two of them or other vehicles as well. Will post my result soon.

X-fi sound card with 128 samples btw.

Ohh, please not only maybe ;) I set up a small tank battle to test your mod and put my self on a safe distance. I could see the tanks roll in but I couldnt hear them. I could hear when they started to shoot though, lovelly sounds!

So yes please, tweak up the distance sounds for the weapons, but most importantly increase the distance for engine sounds! I couldnt hear the M1A2 and the T72's engines from about 1-1.5 km. In RL you can hear T-72 rumble loong distances! I know from personal experience :)

I will do a test now and see if its only the two of them or other vehicles as well. Will post my result soon.

Thanks, but you dont have to do any tests. I know all my values because I wrote them. So all tanks are affected! Not big deal for me. Its just because it sounds strange... I maybe have to find a way to add distance driving sounds for vehicles.

Jarhead

@Sickboy: Thanks alot! I will ask Psycho how to prevent that in a future update!

Ok, good that you are aware of that :) What do you mean by "its because it sounds strange"? Right now it doesnt sound at all, which imo is strange ;)

I strongly support this motion!

i.e. please decrease the attentuaion of vehicle sounds.

I was testing with the Trial By Fire mission and I could barely hear BRDM, even when it was less than 50 feet away.

I´ve cleared my Problem with the A-10 and GAU-8 Sound.

Surely for now it is simply done by delete ace_sys_a10. I had only forgotten to change the STI A-10 from ACE to non-ACE Version. :icon_ohmygod:

True for the T-72 and older Tanks, they are very audible IRL.

Modern Tanks on the other Hand can be very quiet if they don´t drive with full RPM

I kinda miss the vanilla tank's track rattling when they are moving... was it gone or just drowned by the engine sound?

JSRS Update 1.4.1 released.

The main things:

• Changed: Signatures and key are updated to version 2 for more safety of cheaters

• Changed: Range and distance of script command (will fade in after 100 meters now)

• Changed: Reworked most configs for more sound range of normal weapon sounds (fading out after 400,

450 meters)

• Added: SMAW added to the NLAW config

• Added: MAAWS added to the NLAW config

• Changed: Reworked the GAU12 sounds to get rid of burst sounds

• Changed: Reduced distance of far-crack sounds

As we have a problem with the script anyways at the moment, i will not included the increase of volume for distant sounds.

We updated the ReadMe with all important informations!

README

UPDATE 1.4.1

For any trouble or bugs, please visit the DevHeaven JSRS Project! Does not afford tickets if it is not really a problem, which influenced the flow of the game! Things like Volume differences are no bugs nor problems!

Jarhead

Hi Jarhead. Just had a bit of a play, your update has definitely increased the distance that I can hear weapons. Thanks!

And by the way, the AK sound is fantastic!

Great LJ, thanks for your hard work :)
Thanks again JH, downloading now!
Thanks alot!
Thanks for the update Jarhead. :)
Hi Jarhead. Just had a bit of a play, your update has definitely increased the distance that I can hear weapons. Thanks!

And by the way, the AK sound is fantastic!

Thanks alot guys! These are the words I wanna see here! Not all this "do that, do this, change that, make this like that... Oh boy, now I said something:j:

Thanks guys ;)

Jarhead

EDIT: Oh and look in the readme, I guess its better now with the Requirements for the mod. Just check it out! Thanks!

Its a really good readme

Du hast aber ein paar Rechtschreibfehler :D

Its a really good readme

Du hast aber ein paar Rechtschreibfehler :D

Haha, nice matey!

Ich wollte ja nur sehen, ob es sich wirklich jemand anschaut :D

Jarhead

EDIT: ReadMe fixed lol

Edited by LordJarhead

Haha, nice matey!

Ich wollte ja nur sehen, ob es sich wirklich jemand anschaut :D

Jarhead

Good work on the Update!

Nenn die Datei doch das nächte mal lieber "DON`T READ THIS!!!!!!!!" oder "DON`T OPEN THIS" wetten dann schauen mehr Leute rein?

Good work on the Update!

Nenn die Datei doch das nächte mal lieber "DON`T READ THIS!!!!!!!!" oder "DON`T OPEN THIS" wetten dann schauen mehr Leute rein?

Thanks for the opinion!

Ja das bin ich mir sicher. Gegenteiliges Verhalten funktioniert besser als man glaubt. "Read this to find a secret link for JSRS 1.6!" oder so, hehe