What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

The engine on the M1A1 starts and stop instantaneously. One second it's one, then the sound vanishes.

Also have you considered using your secondary explosion sounds for grenades? From what little I have heard, they may be appropriate.

Edit: Sorry, not grenades, but they could work for small caliber AT warheads.

Edited by maturin

The engine on the M1A1 starts and stop instantaneously. One second it's one, then the sound vanishes.

Also have you considered using your secondary explosion sounds for grenades? From what little I have heard, they may be appropriate.

Edit: Sorry, not grenades, but they could work for small caliber AT warheads.

Well, I always want to add more exp-sounds. So I guess I will add some more for each rocket or even for each Launcher and rocket type.

So, finally I have the BAF content (installed new patches) and I can now moving on to work on these sounds. Sadly I have to look for each coin, so Im not able to buy the BAF DLC and have to work with these low-res-models, but I guess it will work on the same way as with BAF DLC.

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

Well, I always want to add more exp-sounds. So I guess I will add some more for each rocket or even for each Launcher and rocket type.

So, finally I have the BAF content (installed new patches) and I can now moving on to work on these sounds. Sadly I have to look for each coin, so Im not able to buy the BAF DLC and have to work with these low-res-models, but I guess it will work on the same way as with BAF DLC.

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

Do you by any chance have ARMA2 through Steam? If so, I wouldn't mind buying it for you as a gift =)

Do you by any chance have ARMA2 through Steam? If so, I wouldn't mind buying it for you as a gift =)

Woh, that would be nice mate, but no, I don't use steam for this, got all on DVD. But thanks, I appreciate your offer!

Thanks so far,

Jarhead

I just tried the latest version out last night..or rather morning..(around 4AM) and I must say it rocks, again. The level of "air" and space you get is fantastic. Distant battles sound way better in v1.2 than it did before..a lot of boomy sound getting all the high frequencies out, made me feel the incoming enemy assault on our positions like a massive wave of water..you feel it's coming to you, no matter what :)

but you go like: "wait..guys..hush!..what was that? *rumble*... oh...sh*t! WE GOT INCOOMING!"

As always I can't do anything but say if you need testing and help, I am here.

I just tried the latest version out last night..or rather morning..(around 4AM) and I must say it rocks, again. The level of "air" and space you get is fantastic. Distant battles sound way better in v1.2 than it did before..a lot of boomy sound getting all the high frequencies out, made me feel the incoming enemy assault on our positions like a massive wave of water..you feel it's coming to you, no matter what :)

but you go like: "wait..guys..hush!..what was that? *rumble*... oh...sh*t! WE GOT INCOOMING!"

As always I can't do anything but say if you need testing and help, I am here.

Thank you so much albertors. I'll keep this in mind ;)

Thanks,

Jarhead

So, I've been working on the new DLC named: J.S.R.S.-ACCN means AuthentiC~CompetitioN and was making a Video to show you the way I want to go with my new sounds, but don't worry, I will still work on the JSRS RC to get the last errors fixed and so on. This is just to expand the mod and the JSRS Fan community. So I try to cover all tastes. I tell you when the Video is done and ready to watch.

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

So, I've been working on the new DLC named: J.S.R.S.-ACCN means AuthentiC~CompetitioN and was making a Video to show you the way I want to go with my new sounds, but don't worry, I will still work on the JSRS RC to get the last errors fixed and so on. This is just to expand the mod and the JSRS Fan community. So I try to cover all tastes. I tell you when the Video is done and ready to watch.

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

Sounds good!

When can we expect the video?

To - Do - List - For - The - Latest - Errors - You - Found - LIST

So please, post all errors you found and I will list them here, so I can fix them all, one by one.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Already found:

Radio Static Noises sounds like Soniccrack

AAVP no Ext_Low sounds, "missing wss" entry in RPT

Wrong inheritance on T90

Wrong inheritance on flares

Improvemt Required Addons entries

Updating Base Class Entries

T72 Idle Sounds "strange sounds"

ATV 2 stroke engine sounds fix

ATV 2 stroke sound for dirtbikes

M2 Gun rework, too quiet

Soniccracks 5.56mm to loud compared to 7.62 and so on

Vanilla Sounds for following things:

*!TELL ME WHAT VANILLA SOUNDS YOU FOUND!*

A10 (I thought)

F35 US Plane

Mk. 19 firing sound

MLRS firing sound

Konkurs firing sound

AGS-30 firing sound

SPG-9 firing sound

Jarhead

Edited by LordJarhead

Maybe later this evening ;)

Be aware: These are just fast edited sounds on the editor and need a lot of work on them. It should just show you the way this DLC is going.

yeah no rush at all LJ!

You're doing a great job..don't let yourself be distracted by me or anyone else ;)

So, here it ist:

Ok, to be clear: I just downloaded some YT Videos because I wanted to make an YT mod, but to be honest, that was total shit! So I mixed them with some OLD sounds of the War09mod for Arma1 and was making some new sounds. These are not realistic at all and not even close to RL but these are my opinion of the RL-Gunsounds. So I apologize if you waiting now for stunning work or something. These are just some sounds I ever wanted to make, not with so much Echos/Reverbs and not so loud, not so much bass.

Well, just take a look on the Video, tell me your comments to that and have fun. Oh, before you just quick the Video because you've got bored, just watch at 4:14 Min for the sounds in action. Its way different just hearing them alone.

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

You have to stop making us write "mewants" :) I love it when videos are made with such a driven, slightly-obsessed perspective.

Excellent work, I am sorry for your social life ;) but I can't say I don't love this! :)

Haha, my social life is just great, no worries!^^

UPDATE

So, after I was trying to take a rest, I was totally bored after 10 minutes of lousy games and so on and was already missing my editing. So, I sit myself down and worked again, not on J.S.R.S. but on BAF Content. So, tada:

J.S.R.S. BAF Content with Weapons and some Vehicles

This contains most of the BAF weapons like L85A2, L86A2, L110A2, L115A3 LRR, AW50, Merlin, Jackal and HC4 (chinook). First: Most are just placeholder, for example all Vehicles are from J.S.R.S. RC 1.2 what is really required for this!!!!

The L7-what-ever-GPMG is based on the M240 and is taking the sounds from the J.S.R.S. RC version. So don't worry if you can't find it in the DL.

So, I just wanted to get this finally done. Now I have an better basic to work on (Just soundediting is so much better than finding out which config is working, what did I wrong and so on).

I hope this will make you survive the long Holidays and X-Mas.

Thanks so far,

Jarhead

Edited by LordJarhead

I have tested all sound mods that are available since OFP..and I have to say:

You hit the spot! Using your sounds turns ARMA2 into a new game! A-W-E-S-O-M-E :eek:

Haha, my social life is just great, no worries!^^

UPDATE

So, after I was trying to take a rest, I was totally bored after 10 minutes of lousy games and so on and was already missing my editing. So, I sit myself down and worked again, not on J.S.R.S. but on BAF Content. So, tada:

J.S.R.S. BAF Content with Weapons and some Vehicles

This contains most of the BAF weapons like L85A2, L86A2, L110A2, L115A3 LRR, AW50, Merlin, Jackal and HC4 (chinook). First: Most are just placeholder, for example all Vehicles are from J.S.R.S. RC 1.2 what is really required for this!!!!

The L7-what-ever-GPMG is based on the M240 and is taking the sounds from the J.S.R.S. RC version. So don't worry if you can't find it in the DL.

So, I just wanted to get this finally done. Now I have an better basic to work on (Just soundediting is so much better than finding out which config is working, what did I wrong and so on).

I hope this will make you survive the long Holidays and X-Mas.

Thanks so far,

Jarhead

Vielen dank Jarhead. I love the BAF addon but can't stand the vehicle sounds (weapons are not too bad though). Can't wait to get back to my Arma box after xmas to try it all out.

Thanks again J.!

AS50, dehe, Santa is coming to town!

Sounds great, did a quick run through of the sounds and it's coming along very nicely. Not many errors in the .rpt either.

Thanks again, really enjoying this.

Wow... this mod is releasing new stuffs at hyperspeed. Thanks for the BAF sounds.