What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

all stryker files?

jsrs_stryker

jsrs_stryker.pbo

jsrs_stryker_c

jsrs_stryker_c.pbo

Yes, please- this should help for the first until the next update ;)

Sry

Jarhead,

Love this mate, your really looking at all areas with detail. I notice unless i'm wrong that Javlin initial start of firing was more punchy ... rocket sound through the air of fire is great, weapons and heavy weapons give satisfaction 100 percent.

I only tested with ACE running, is it me or did you introduce subtle radio comms inside flying vehicles? Also did you change the radio comms reply "blip"? Or is that all from ACE?

As regards flying, the Vehicles are really shaping up, im inching away from TRSM rotary sounds now :)

Incoming rounds are allot more in place now happy to never switch them, nice extra whizz sounds I notice .. less lazer show :) The extra gun effect near muzzle "crack" I notice is allot more toned down in level, I did think that was a little too harsh and loud before and you nailed the level on in now. Explosions well, need they really be changed, love them.

All in all, apart from niggles and little bugs (yes a10 didn't have engine shutdown for me either) your mod is becoming (for me anyway) less and less needed to mix with ... superb work mate :)

If I spot anything with some more playing around then I will post ramblings. BTW 2 great missions to test this on are the "Flashpoint" missions, instant large action, and also the classic Target range mission that you can pick and choose weapons and test them all out nice and fast.

Edited by mrcash2009

Played with it today! was very cool! played with 1 other clan so we where like 35 people +! really good job! the sounds are really nice!

You did a nice job on this update, These are the only things i found so far.

1.The M4A3 has the stock (ArmA2:OA vanilla) sound

2.The M4/M16 GL reload sound needs some work (It doesn't sound like you're inserting another round into the GL)

3.The ambient/background sounds have a "static noise" that keeps playing (Is more like a white noise like this: http://simplynoise.com/ Set the volume to 4 and that's what it sounds like.

Thanks for all the hard work :D

Thanks all of you, I will bring you an explanation today, first, gotta work. See you in some hours.

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

btw would be great to know if i have to disable acex_sm while using this mod. or how are you guys doing?

if the mod overrides acex_sm

Edited by Modin84

thanks for the addon dude sounds nice, really feels like a battlefield now , the distant explosions and general battlefield ambience are spot on.

@Pauld Thxs for the link update... WOW you're servers must be getting hammered LOL wont even start to download :(. Guess ill wait a bit :)

Regards

Mike

@Pauld Thxs for the link update... WOW you're servers must be getting hammered LOL wont even start to download :(. Guess ill wait a bit :)

Regards

Mike

Please try using IE or if you have Yoma sync try our repository

btw would be great to know if i have to disable acex_sm while using this mod. or how are you guys doing?

i wounder if the mod overrides acex_sm someone know?

Well, i guess you should delete it... they could try to override the same thing, could causing trouble...

somebody make a video with this new update please, I cant download it right now because im at work :s

Jarhead,

Love this mate, your really looking at all areas with detail. I notice unless i'm wrong that Javlin initial start of firing was more punchy ... rocket sound through the air of fire is great, weapons and heavy weapons give satisfaction 100 percent.

I only tested with ACE running, is it me or did you introduce subtle radio comms inside flying vehicles? Also did you change the radio comms reply "blip"? Or is that all from ACE?

As regards flying, the Vehicles are really shaping up, im inching away from TRSM rotary sounds now :)

Incoming rounds are allot more in place now happy to never switch them, nice extra whizz sounds I notice .. less lazer show :) The extra gun effect near muzzle "crack" I notice is allot more toned down in level, I did think that was a little too harsh and loud before and you nailed the level on in now. Explosions well, need they really be changed, love them.

All in all, apart from niggles and little bugs (yes a10 didn't have engine shutdown for me either) your mod is becoming (for me anyway) less and less needed to mix with ... superb work mate :)

If I spot anything with some more playing around then I will post ramblings. BTW 2 great missions to test this on are the "Flashpoint" missions, instant large action, and also the classic Target range mission that you can pick and choose weapons and test them all out nice and fast.

The Radio noises are my one. They don't work good.. just on russian side. There are new endbeep sounds, background noises and some thing else. But working only on russian side. Anyway... thanks for you comment!

You did a nice job on this update, These are the only things i found so far.

1.The M4A3 has the stock (ArmA2:OA vanilla) sound

2.The M4/M16 GL reload sound needs some work (It doesn't sound like you're inserting another round into the GL)

3.The ambient/background sounds have a "static noise" that keeps playing (Is more like a white noise like this: http://simplynoise.com/ Set the volume to 4 and that's what it sounds like.

Thanks for all the hard work :D

I will rework it a bit. M4A3 don't work because of changed configs because of new Patches all the time. I will rework them... and I will rework the GL Reloads... I forget that...

Best update so far Thanks JH. I'm loving the new bullet cracks and explosions especially.
Great update mate, cheers for your hard work.

Thank you so much guys!

New version released??? Front page says Link Broken...

Regards

Mike

Post it on the first Site too now. I was forgetting this yesterday, there was so much trouble...^^ sry ...

Well, i guess you should delete it... they could try to override the same thing, could causing trouble...

Thank so far.

Jarhead

First time i tried this mod, and quite frankly it's a hell of a mod; but i'm getting an error each time i start a mission: 'sound/' is not a class (firelightduration accessed)

yeah i get that you playing with zeus aswell? seems i only get it with zeus enabled?

i get this in my rpt aswell

Error in expression <255:>

Error position: <>

Error Invalid number in expression

Error in expression <255:>

Error position: <>

Error Invalid number in expression

Edited by muttly

Yep i play with zeus, i' am going to disabled it now..typical of ArmA you can't have it all without errors..;)

Thx for the Tip.

No changes with zeus disabled, i still get the error.

Edited by Hitman Two One Actual

For some reason, the original USMC rifles dont get a changed sound when i use this mod.

I have enabled all 4 different mod folders, and i hear the new bullet cracks and the SCAR sounds and everything else, but when i play as the USMC their weapon uses the stock sound.

What weapons exactly? Would be nice to now that: M16 and M249 ?

Or M4A3 ?

Jarhead