What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!

I was coming Home today morning. Every two Days a Doc have to watch my shoulder, i get more than 3 different Painkillers, but don't use them. And thats good. After some Night and much much sleep i feeling better now. The shoulder still hurts, but its not as bad than i thought. I can move my arm maybe up to 50%, but it will get better every Day say the Doc.

Maybe in two Weeks i'll will get back my old condition. Some times my right Hand sleeps because of the injuries of the right shoulder. But this is normal and it will go back.

So guys, i have to thank you so much for your nice words. When reading this, i feeling much better. :)

Maybe some days or one Week and i try do what i can do best. SOUND MOD MAKING^^

But first, i will take a rest some days. So, its up to you for keeping this thread alive, hehe.

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

Ciao Jarhead,

Glad to hear that things are better.

Hold position..;)

Cheers

I'll download and try your addon tonight.

Thanks for all your effort LordJarhead.

A quicky recovery from your injury.

Best wishes.

Nice soundmod you got here. I have one complaint and thats the wind. At least i think its the wind and its just a "white noise" which constantly goes up and down in volume. I can hear it resembles wind, but maybe in very low quality and therefor is sounding like white noise. Stand in takistan alone and just listen and you should hear it. Im using Xfi and high quality headphones.

Another thing is the abrams engine sound which is truly a great piece of work, but i think it should be a bit louder. Hard to hear it even when its fairly close. Compared to a T72 that you can hear maybe 3 times further away. Love the sound of it though. Great work.

Havent got the time to test everything in the mod but so far i like it a lot. Maybe could add some incoming sounds on the arty shells like VOP? Super mod. Keep up the great work.

Cheers.

testing my new VGA card GTX460 1GB and J.S.R.S. on Shapur Island :p

8ikDPnBZXbI

Since the last official OA patch, the M4A3 has vanilla sound.

Edited by bensdale

^^this the wind has like a white noise to it.

I agree that the wind does have too much white noise to it, making it sound a bit odd.

But I must stress that I absolutely love the effect it is going for - the soft background breeze adds hugely to the feeling of actually being there. After all there's rarely such a thing as silence outside. So please keep it, just make it sound more natural :)

EDIT: I'd also like to add I'm not a huge fan of the metallic smashing sound you get when bullets are shot at you. I get the effect it's going for but I find it to me more annoying than immersive.

Edited by Lhowon

why dont you guys stop using beta patches all the time?? wait for official release of a patch! Jarhead cant keep up with all the problems the beta -patches bring! its impossible...

why dont you guys stop using beta patches all the time?? wait for official release of a patch! Jarhead cant keep up with all the problems the beta -patches bring! its impossible...

What are you talking about?

Sorry to hear of your injury Jarhead, hope your recovery is quick and as painfree as poss.

Alles Gute

Mandrake

why dont you guys stop using beta patches all the time?? wait for official release of a patch!

Cause if it wasnt for us ppl using beta patches,your wait for an official patch would be a darn sight longer. ;)

Hey jarhead..where you shot in the shoulder?

Anyway I hope you recover soon..and make sure you don't hurt yourself trying to rush yourself for the soundmod..take it easy ;)

Take care!

Cause if it wasnt for us ppl using beta patches,your wait for an official patch would be a darn sight longer. ;)

Amen brother! Bring on the patches.

Awesome sound mod man.

Looks like we're going to be using it for ArmA: Theatre of War tourney :D Will have a ton of people testing it out for 3 hours straight on weekends, haha.

Edited by t0m

Hi someone can help me with this pls :confused:

== C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe

== "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -nosplash -world=empty -nopause "-mod=@cba;@ace;@acex;@gl4;@jsrs-e;@jsrs-v;@jsrs-vw;@jsrs-w;@jade;@duala;@panthera;@queshkibrul;@acre;@jayarma2lib" -cpuCount=4 -maxmem=2048 -ExThreads=7

=====================================================================

Exe timestamp: 2010/08/28 15:39:08

Current time: 2010/08/28 22:35:53

Version 1.54.72967

Checking DLC for update.

DLC check complete.

Item str_disp_server_control listed twice

Conflicting addon CAWeapons_E in 'jsrs_sa61_c\', previous definition in 'jsrs_m4a3_c\'

Conflicting addon JSRS_Mi17 in 'jsrs_mi17_c\', previous definition in 'jsrs_ka50_c\'

Conflicting addon JSRS_AH64E in 'jsrs_mi24_c\', previous definition in 'jsrs_ah64e_c\'

Conflicting addon JSRS_Sonic_Cracks in 'jsrs_sonic_cracks_c\', previous definition in 'jsrs_explosions_c\'

Conflicting addon CAWeapons_E_fnfal in 'ca\weapons_e\fnfal\', previous definition in 'jsrs_fnfal_c\'

Conflicting addon CAWeapons_E in 'ca\weapons_e\', previous definition in 'jsrs_m4a3_c\'

Conflicting addon CAWeapons_E_M110 in 'ca\weapons_e\m110\', previous definition in 'jsrs_m110_c\'

Conflicting addon CAWeapons_E_LeeEnfield in 'ca\weapons_e\leeenfield\', previous definition in 'jsrs_leeenfield_c\'

Conflicting addon CAWeapons_E_AK in 'ca\weapons_e\ak\', previous definition in 'jsrs_akm_c\'

Conflicting addon CAWeapons_E_M14 in 'ca\weapons_e\m14\', previous definition in 'jsrs_m14_c\'

Updating base class manual->Mode_FullAuto, by jsrs_mk48_c\config.bin/CfgWeapons/Mk_48/manual/

Updating base class B_9x18_Ball->BulletBase, by jsrs_sonic_cracks_c\config.bin/CfgAmmo/B_9x18_SD/

Updating base class B_9x18_Ball->BulletBase, by jsrs_sonic_cracks_c\config.bin/CfgAmmo/B_9x19_Ball/

Updating base class B_9x19_Ball->BulletBase, by jsrs_sonic_cracks_c\config.bin/CfgAmmo/B_9x19_SD/

Updating base class MGun->Mode_FullAuto, by jsrs_m240coax_c\config.bin/CfgWeapons/M240_veh/manual/

Updating base class Mode_SemiAuto->SCAR_H_Single, by jsrs_scar_h_c\config.bin/CfgWeapons/SCAR_H_LNG_Sniper_SD/SCAR_H_SD_Single/

Updating base class Mode_FullAuto->SCAR_H_FullAuto, by jsrs_scar_h_c\config.bin/CfgWeapons/SCAR_H_LNG_Sniper_SD/SCAR_H_SD_FullAuto/

Updating base class BulletBase->B_9x18_Ball, by x\ace\addons\c_weapon\config.bin/CfgAmmo/B_9x18_SD/

Updating base class BulletBase->B_9x18_Ball, by x\ace\addons\c_weapon\config.bin/CfgAmmo/B_9x19_Ball/

Updating base class BulletBase->B_9x19_Ball, by x\ace\addons\c_weapon\config.bin/CfgAmmo/B_9x19_SD/

Updating base class Mode_FullAuto->manual, by x\ace\addons\c_weapon\config.bin/CfgWeapons/Mk_48/manual/

Updating base class Sounds->, by jsrs_abrams_c\config.bin/CfgVehicles/M1A1/Sounds/

Updating base class Engine->, by jsrs_abrams_c\config.bin/CfgVehicles/M1A1/Sounds/Engine/

Updating base class ->VeryWide, by x\ace\addons\c_vehicle\config.bin/CfgVehicles/AH1Z/Turrets/MainTurret/OpticsIn/Wide/

Updating base class Wide->VeryWide, by x\ace\addons\c_vehicle\config.bin/CfgVehicles/AH1Z/Turrets/MainTurret/OpticsIn/Medium/

Updating base class Wide->VeryWide, by x\ace\addons\c_vehicle\config.bin/CfgVehicles/AH1Z/Turrets/MainTurret/OpticsIn/Narrow/

Updating base class Mode_FullAuto->MGun, by x\ace\addons\c_vehicle\config.bin/CfgWeapons/M240_veh/manual/

Cannot find a sound file jsrs_grenade\bolt.wss

Cannot find a sound file jsrs_smoke\bolt.wss

Error in HTML file ca\ui\data\dtaext\mymissions\overview.html

Context 4

Context 4

Cannot find a sound file jsrs_scar\reload_m203.wss

Cannot find a sound file jsrs_scar\dry.wss

[5756,154.009,0,"XEH: PreInit Started"]

[5756,154.221,0,"MISSINIT","SPE1_Benchmark1","takistan",false,true,false]

[5756,176.053,0,"XEH: PreInit Finished"]

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: kia_uaz_cargo02

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 1)! MoveName: uaz_cargo02

[5756,3.92638,"0:02:48.735","0:00:00.000","x\ace\addons\sys_eject\XEH_preInit.sqf",":",5,"Initializing: ace_sys_eject version: 1.5.0.388"]

[5766,212.81,0,"XEH: PostInit Started"]

[5841,214.504,0,"CBA_VERSIONING",["#CBA_HASH#",["cba","ace","acex"],[[[0,6,0,118],-1],[[1,5,0,388],-1],[[1,5,0,263],-1]],[[0,0,0],0]]]

[5878,217.865,0,"XEH: PostInit Finished; [true,false,false,true,false,true,true,true,true,0]"]

Cannot load sound 'jsrs_abrams\ext_noises.wss' (200 X) :confused:

Cannot load sound 'jsrs_enviroment\sfx\houses4.wss'

Unit is not in cargo

Unit is not in cargo

Cannot load sound 'ca\jsrs_enviroment\sfx\tree-day4.wss'

Cannot load sound 'jsrs_enviroment\sfx\houses5.wss'

Thank you

Edited by DarkEclip

I get an error of mission JSRS_Smaw sound now and again. Can't seem to work out why !

Anyone else get this ?

I get an error of mission JSRS_Smaw sound now and again. Can't seem to work out why !

Anyone else get this ?

Not since last update are you sure you put the @CBA first?

love the mod, most sounds are great, however the M240 could be tweaked a bit.. and the 50 cal still needs work.

maybe a reference

! -> 1:30 Edited by Fox '09

This oundmod's great, by the way, for me there is only the default sound for the M4A3, whereas the M4A1 has the soundmod's sounds. No need to rush about it Jarhead, just take it easy.

Since the last official OA patch, the M4A3 has vanilla sound.

Yah, its BECAUSE of the beta Patch, they change the configs again. thats not good. They could do it now with any other beta patch, so use them if you want, but i don't fix this. When the fully patch is there, i can fix it, but for now: They can change the Config with every new Beta Patch, make no since.

Sorry to hear of your injury Jarhead, hope your recovery is quick and as painfree as poss.

Alles Gute

Mandrake

Dankeschön. I'll be back soon.

Hey jarhead..where you shot in the shoulder?

Anyway I hope you recover soon..and make sure you don't hurt yourself trying to rush yourself for the soundmod..take it easy ;)

Take care!

Well, i don't rush, no worries. But i have to do anything soon. Getting crazy when sitting whole day in front of the Television.^^

Hi someone can help me with this pls :confused:

== C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe

== "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -nosplash -world=empty -nopause "-mod=@cba;@ace;@acex;@gl4;@jsrs-e;@jsrs-v;@jsrs-vw;@jsrs-w;@jade;@duala;@panthera;@queshkibrul;@acre;@jayarma2lib" -cpuCount=4 -maxmem=2048 -ExThreads=7

=====================================================================

Exe timestamp: 2010/08/28 15:39:08

Current time: 2010/08/28 22:35:53

Version 1.54.72967

Checking DLC for update.

DLC check complete.

Item str_disp_server_control listed twice

Conflicting addon CAWeapons_E in 'jsrs_sa61_c\', previous definition in 'jsrs_m4a3_c\'

Conflicting addon JSRS_Mi17 in 'jsrs_mi17_c\', previous definition in 'jsrs_ka50_c\'

Conflicting addon JSRS_AH64E in 'jsrs_mi24_c\', previous definition in 'jsrs_ah64e_c\'

Conflicting addon JSRS_Sonic_Cracks in 'jsrs_sonic_cracks_c\', previous definition in 'jsrs_explosions_c\'

Conflicting addon CAWeapons_E_fnfal in 'ca\weapons_e\fnfal\', previous definition in 'jsrs_fnfal_c\'

Conflicting addon CAWeapons_E in 'ca\weapons_e\', previous definition in 'jsrs_m4a3_c\'

Conflicting addon CAWeapons_E_M110 in 'ca\weapons_e\m110\', previous definition in 'jsrs_m110_c\'

Conflicting addon CAWeapons_E_LeeEnfield in 'ca\weapons_e\leeenfield\', previous definition in 'jsrs_leeenfield_c\'

Conflicting addon CAWeapons_E_AK in 'ca\weapons_e\ak\', previous definition in 'jsrs_akm_c\'

Conflicting addon CAWeapons_E_M14 in 'ca\weapons_e\m14\', previous definition in 'jsrs_m14_c\'

Updating base class manual->Mode_FullAuto, by jsrs_mk48_c\config.bin/CfgWeapons/Mk_48/manual/

Updating base class B_9x18_Ball->BulletBase, by jsrs_sonic_cracks_c\config.bin/CfgAmmo/B_9x18_SD/

Updating base class B_9x18_Ball->BulletBase, by jsrs_sonic_cracks_c\config.bin/CfgAmmo/B_9x19_Ball/

Updating base class B_9x19_Ball->BulletBase, by jsrs_sonic_cracks_c\config.bin/CfgAmmo/B_9x19_SD/

Updating base class MGun->Mode_FullAuto, by jsrs_m240coax_c\config.bin/CfgWeapons/M240_veh/manual/

Updating base class Mode_SemiAuto->SCAR_H_Single, by jsrs_scar_h_c\config.bin/CfgWeapons/SCAR_H_LNG_Sniper_SD/SCAR_H_SD_Single/

Updating base class Mode_FullAuto->SCAR_H_FullAuto, by jsrs_scar_h_c\config.bin/CfgWeapons/SCAR_H_LNG_Sniper_SD/SCAR_H_SD_FullAuto/

Updating base class BulletBase->B_9x18_Ball, by x\ace\addons\c_weapon\config.bin/CfgAmmo/B_9x18_SD/

Updating base class BulletBase->B_9x18_Ball, by x\ace\addons\c_weapon\config.bin/CfgAmmo/B_9x19_Ball/

Updating base class BulletBase->B_9x19_Ball, by x\ace\addons\c_weapon\config.bin/CfgAmmo/B_9x19_SD/

Updating base class Mode_FullAuto->manual, by x\ace\addons\c_weapon\config.bin/CfgWeapons/Mk_48/manual/

Updating base class Sounds->, by jsrs_abrams_c\config.bin/CfgVehicles/M1A1/Sounds/

Updating base class Engine->, by jsrs_abrams_c\config.bin/CfgVehicles/M1A1/Sounds/Engine/

Updating base class ->VeryWide, by x\ace\addons\c_vehicle\config.bin/CfgVehicles/AH1Z/Turrets/MainTurret/OpticsIn/Wide/

Updating base class Wide->VeryWide, by x\ace\addons\c_vehicle\config.bin/CfgVehicles/AH1Z/Turrets/MainTurret/OpticsIn/Medium/

Updating base class Wide->VeryWide, by x\ace\addons\c_vehicle\config.bin/CfgVehicles/AH1Z/Turrets/MainTurret/OpticsIn/Narrow/

Updating base class Mode_FullAuto->MGun, by x\ace\addons\c_vehicle\config.bin/CfgWeapons/M240_veh/manual/

Cannot find a sound file jsrs_grenade\bolt.wss

Cannot find a sound file jsrs_smoke\bolt.wss

Context 4

Context 4

[5756,154.009,0,"XEH: PreInit Started"]

[5756,154.221,0,"MISSINIT","SPE1_Benchmark1","takistan",false,true,false]

[5756,176.053,0,"XEH: PreInit Finished"]

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: kia_uaz_cargo02

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 1)! MoveName: uaz_cargo02

[5756,3.92638,"0:02:48.735","0:00:00.000","x\ace\addons\sys_eject\XEH_preInit.sqf",":",5,"Initializing: ace_sys_eject version: 1.5.0.388"]

[5766,212.81,0,"XEH: PostInit Started"]

[5841,214.504,0,"CBA_VERSIONING",["#CBA_HASH#",["cba","ace","acex"],[[[0,6,0,118],-1],[[1,5,0,388],-1],[[1,5,0,263],-1]],[[0,0,0],0]]]

[5878,217.865,0,"XEH: PostInit Finished; [true,false,false,true,false,true,true,true,true,0]"]

Cannot load sound 'jsrs_abrams\ext_noises.wss' (200 X) :confused:

Cannot load sound 'jsrs_enviroment\sfx\houses4.wss'

Unit is not in cargo

Unit is not in cargo

Cannot load sound 'jsrs_enviroment\sfx\houses5.wss'

Thank you

These are all missing .wss's or wrong config entry, It is fixed already. When the next update comes, this will not happening again.

You got shot? really? how? o.O

get well soon, we need this mod :p

Why everyone think like this?^^

Damn it, it was just my own fault. :j: Stupid guys like me and too fast cars are an really bad mix. But it wasn't as bad some of you may think. So don't worry.

This oundmod's great, by the way, for me there is only the default sound for the M4A3, whereas the M4A1 has the soundmod's sounds. No need to rush about it Jarhead, just take it easy.

Yes, as mentioned, just because of the Beta Patching from BIS, they want to make our live hard^^ More missing sounds will follow i could imagine. M14 next time^^

Thanks so far,

Jarhead.