What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

I'm trying to play a co-op mission with someone who is using this, but it won't let me join his server as it says I need to have this to play, as if the sound became a mission requirement or something, is there anyway to fix this?

EDIT: What Enad said lol

I have a serious issue to share. Whenever you add an Apache to the mission. The jsrs_m230.pbo becomes a required addon and even if you remove it from the Mission.Sqm, it is still required, preventing anyone who isnt using the mod to play in the server. This needs to be fixed ASAP!!

Hmm... strange... i have no idea what i causing this. Shit, i think i should ask someone and see what i can do for you...

Sry for this error. If i have some time i fix this of course.

Jarhead

PS: Its maybe have something to do with the AH64_E helicopter, maybe you try it without them. Make a mission than and see if its work, so we have an point to start searching for the error.

Edited by LordJarhead

It does have to do with the AH-64. If I use one of those in a mission, that pbo becomes required. I'd love to be able to play my coop mission with others who do not use this mod, If you can find a way to fix it, please do so ASAP. I don't mean to sound rude, its just a pretty big issue.

Just do me a favor and edit your mission without JSRS when they should getting used by Users not using JSRS. I guess it have something to do with the Volume and Frequency entry in the Config. Without them, the Sounds wouldn't work. The problem is: I have this entry for more than these two Helicopters, some more helios and some Wheeled/Tracked Vehicles too.

But i'll try to fix this of course.

Hey Jarhead good soundmod:) but is the impact-explosion from artillery (D30,M119) vanilla ?

Grüße from Saxonia

No its my one. I wanted to reworked same by some time, but there was other things first. Maybe next update you will get an totaly overhaul. But its just this "maybe", don't forget this :D

Anyway. Grüße aus Lower Saxony too ;)

Jarhead

Edited by LordJarhead

hey jarhead, just wondering (no pressure you have done your fair share for arma) if your going to make sounds for the British Armed Forces dlc? cause im sure BIS's vanilla sounds will be underwhelming... Thanks and keep up the good work buddy.:D

To Do:

1. Reworking Configs for Volume
  2. Reworking Config for missing LAV25 Sound
  3. Reworking all Helicopter
  4. Adding more Gear sounds for each Unit-Type
  5. Adding sounds for BAF DLC
  6. Reworking Wheeled/Tracked Engines
  7. Looking for HostingSite (maybe)

:) Hope this answers your question ;)

Jarhead could you pls help me? I've tried this mod and it's realy amazing but if i use it in a normal battle the game lags a lot. Have I to change any preferences?

As ever thanks a bunch Jarhead, the new version rocks.

Jarhead could you pls help me? I've tried this mod and it's realy amazing but if i use it in a normal battle the game lags a lot. Have I to change any preferences?

I've actually noticed a bit of this myself with the last two versions of JSRS (the one before those seemed fine) - I'm wondering if it might be related to the large number of errors JSRS throws up in the RPT file.

Anyway great job.

As ever thanks a bunch Jarhead, the new version rocks.

I've actually noticed a bit of this myself with the last two versions of JSRS (the one before those seemed fine) - I'm wondering if it might be related to the large number of errors JSRS throws up in the RPT file.

Anyway great job.

It would be really nice to post this RPT file here. Could help me alot maybe.

The lags maybe caused by the MG36, or its just because this mod it going bigger and bigger, sounds getting longer and longer, they are two time bigger than other mods or the vanilla sounds. A onboard sound-card has problem, a separate one maybe less. There a much things could causing this. I hope for posting this RPT file , so i can take a look to erase this problem.

OT: I have reworked "82" .pbo files. 41 Weapons and there Configs. Weapons have now a bit more "umph" as some of you wanted. The Configs where reworked to fit more. A lot more now. Actually i fixed up the Distance for rifle up to about 1300 Meters. This should be fine. Anyone at longer distance, you wouldn't see him anyway.

I also reworked 18 or more Explosions sounds for a longer reverb. They are not so cut of. More of this will come. But longer reverb could causing new problem like the lags. Imaging a Explosion sound with 30 Seconds long. Means: Would exploding every 2 Seconds another one, after 14 Second you have 7 Explosions playing at the same time. I guess this would cause problems, so i will test it.

Anyway: I need this RPT files posted. This can help me maybe.

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

To Do:

1. Reworking Configs for Volume
  2. Reworking Config for missing LAV25 Sound
  3. Reworking all Helicopter (have someone a link for nice CH47 Chinook Fly)
  4. Adding more Gear sounds for each Unit-Type
  5. Adding sounds for BAF DLC
  6. Reworking Wheeled/Tracked Engines
  7. Looking for HostingSite
  8. Looking for Problem causing lags

Something i forget?

Thanks so far.

Don't forget to try to fix the required addon bug.

:)

It's a pretty big deal when a Sound mod becomes a required addon for a mission, you know what I mean?

Don't forget to try to fix the required addon bug.

:)

It's a pretty big deal when a Sound mod becomes a required addon for a mission, you know what I mean?

I know i know.

(But when using other addons they becomes required too :D:D)

So, you really sure it have to do with the AH64? No one of the other helios????

Than i take a look in the config, rework it.... we'll see if its work or not.

When the config is fixed i give it to you so you and your friend can test this. (Ok, i could do it by myself^^)

Jarhead

Yeah, It seems to only be an issue with the AH-64D Chopper. When it's used in a mission, the jsrs_m230.pbo becomes required. I even tried sending my friend the Pbo and it still didnt work! So weird!

hey jarhead this video was posted earlier here, but there is some great high quality sounds. It would be awesome if you could tweak the 30 mm impact sounds to be a bit more heavy sounding.

In the first link its a bit buried, at 12:50, and the advertisements are a tad annoying. http://www.vbs.tv/newsroom/inside-afghanistan-1-of-2--2

then the common A-10 strafe that was a bit close, but as you can notice both sounds are similar.

Edited by _S2_

It would be really nice to post this RPT file here. Could help me alot maybe.

Sorry for the delay, only just saw this - I've PMed you.

I must say something to Jarhead about this truly great piece of work that you are working on so diligently for the community. You obviously have an artistic ear and also the skills to apply what you're feeling into something real that we can all use and enjoy...for this alone I would like to give a few million thank you's!...much appreciated and MUCH deserved. I have to admit that I've been around here since the good old Flashpoint days and this sound mod of yours (up to v0.7) is without a doubt the best I've ever had the pleasure of using...hats off in a big way to you, sir!

That being said I also feel it is IMO that as of v0.9 you may be starting to listen TOO MUCH to all the public comments/wishes/opinions and appear to be unintentionally straying from your original "ear" or artistic rendition of this mod. Up to v0.7 I absolutely loved what you were doing with it, but then as of 0.9 suddenly it has a completely different feel to it...in a large firefight with dozens of arms firing away it now is beginning to sound like more of an obnoxiously loud clanking mess than what was before "music to my ears" in previous versions.

You might consider getting off these forums and just get back to doing this for YOU alone IMO so that your not swayed too much. You had the right idea and the talent to pull it off...you don't need a hundred opinions to make it good...just make it the original way you liked it I say.

As for me...im back to v0.7 for now...too many others "likes" are now getting into it and I just simply prefer something closer to your original work....

...again, thank you so much for this Jarhead...it's the only non-scripted addon mod that i use and will continue to enjoy for a long time I hope!

sorry disturb you jarhead but also noticed thing with one you helos the UH-60 sounds hear it fly by or start up sounds like a Bell 206 an not a UH-60 might have a look at that. ^^

I must say something to Jarhead about this truly great piece of work that you are working on so diligently for the community. You obviously have an artistic ear and also the skills to apply what you're feeling into something real that we can all use and enjoy...for this alone I would like to give a few million thank you's!...much appreciated and MUCH deserved. I have to admit that I've been around here since the good old Flashpoint days and this sound mod of yours (up to v0.7) is without a doubt the best I've ever had the pleasure of using...hats off in a big way to you, sir!

That being said I also feel it is IMO that as of v0.9 you may be starting to listen TOO MUCH to all the public comments/wishes/opinions and appear to be unintentionally straying from your original "ear" or artistic rendition of this mod. Up to v0.7 I absolutely loved what you were doing with it, but then as of 0.9 suddenly it has a completely different feel to it...in a large firefight with dozens of arms firing away it now is beginning to sound like more of an obnoxiously loud clanking mess than what was before "music to my ears" in previous versions.

You might consider getting off these forums and just get back to doing this for YOU alone IMO so that your not swayed too much. You had the right idea and the talent to pull it off...you don't need a hundred opinions to make it good...just make it the original way you liked it I say.

As for me...im back to v0.7 for now...too many others "likes" are now getting into it and I just simply prefer something closer to your original work....

...again, thank you so much for this Jarhead...it's the only non-scripted addon mod that i use and will continue to enjoy for a long time I hope!

^^^ This.

^^^ This.

+1: my exact thoughts got written there (except I am not here for so long. :) )

In 0.9 version, I've found the LAV-25A1 lost the engine sound when use the 3rd person view.

Edited by Lao Fei Mao

...for this alone I would like to give a few million thank you's!...much appreciated and MUCH deserved.

Agreed ! Much deserved, "million thank you's" to LordJarhed :D

For me, all armored vehicles are almost silent when idle. They just make a quiet humming noise. I dont know if your planning on fixing this, but I might just stick with Stock sounds if your not gonna fix this.

Great mod regardless! :D