Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

I talk semi-regularly with some of the mission designers, and they will tell you I give no quater when it comes to crappy mission design/story decisions. ;)

Never mind giving a quarter.. I'd be fine if you just didn't take two thirds! ;)

All of the designers played OFP. Ironically enough, a series of interviews with BI staff are incoming over the impending weeks, and had been planned for a while, but, as with most things in development, were pushed back.

.. Probably too busy playing OFP.. or, indeed, Deus Ex, or soon, Civ V (now thats got a DLC business plan a comunity can really sink their teeth into)!

RiE

Edited by RoyaltyinExile
Epic failure to mention Civ 5

Oh common guys, give them a break. These n00bs were about 4 years old when the real OFP came out :rolleyes: ;)

No...no quarter. Ive seen a four year old watching his dad at a PC...no excuse what so ever.

EDIT:

[]...series od interviews with BI staff are incoming over the impending weeks...

RiE

...heh, "Meet the Talented devs" you mean? Great news...looking forward muchly.

Edited by Bascule42

I'm in constant contact with the USMC. I know who they are, the individual I talk to has a name, he advises us on what works and what doesn’t. Everything you've taken issue with has been approved by the USMC.

So apparently they've got military advisers, and apparently they've signed off on all the inaccuracies to do with the weapons so far. I call bullshit. What does the USMC "approve" in regards to video games aside from perhaps, licensing matters? Not only that, but he's saying one individual in the USMC = the USMC.

So apparently they've got military advisers, and apparently they've signed off on all the inaccuracies to do with the weapons so far. I call bullshit. What does the USMC "approve" in regards to video games aside from perhaps, licensing matters? Not only that, but he's saying one individual in the USMC = the USMC.

The USMC?

He said RB6 vegas 2 and realism in the same sentence. nuff said.

I couldnt watch it past that point.

Something about that comment really wanted me to re-enect that very famous starting scene from American History X :p

But then again, mentioning Lockdown, Vegas 1/2, or GRAW around me is akin to opening Pandora's Box.

Sion Lenton is full of shit

USMC my ass, remember all the problems in Dragon rising, there Military advisor is a 15 year old boy that only plays Modern Warfare 2 and COD games for that fact.

He was referring to the fact that none of the devs featured have said anything about liking even the original OFP, not people on these forums.

Most probably they can't . LOL:D

kind regards

Are we talking bout OFP: red river or something? Or has there been another release after red river?

Wasn't even paying any attention to CM on what they are developing....

No, Him means a Male person.

I'm guessing that means 1 person?

Just seen this for the first time. Operation Flashpoint 3?? Oh dear...

One thing is for sure, Codemasters are never going to get my money again. Ever. Enough has been said about Dragon Rising I believe, but slightly off topic, not sure how many racing fans are here but has anyone played CM's new "sim" F1 2010? So much hype and so many promises and in the end you wouldn't believe how bug ridden, and most of all, SHALLOW this game is. They're using a bunch of cheap tricks instead of simulating an actual race. Sounds quite familiar!

I did give Dragon Rising a fair chance but I'm not going to even bother with a demo of "OFP 3"... like there is going to be one anyway. Codemasters couldn't make a good sim game to save their lives.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=266559?cid=otc-rss&attr=cvg-general-rss&skip=yes

More of the same. Choice quote below:

Your orders won't be dispassionately radioed in any more - you're more likely to have them relayed by your squad leader in language thankfully decipherable to people who haven't spent 15 years sleeping in a barracks.

Lol. "Hai guyz itz tyme to blow stuffs up footmobiles interrogative oscar myke."

Wait they are going to settle this in Tajikistan? A Country next to afghanistan, so the game will look like OA....

They are stealing Ideas from BI.....again......

Wait they are going to settle this in Tajikistan? A Country next to afghanistan, so the game will look like OA....

What a bunch of louse they are, not very dangerous but parasites anyway...

I'm guessing that means 1 person?

Yes, my point is he's claiming RR certified by the USMC when he's only been in contact with one Marine.

Oh, and regarding that comment Cameron, I guess "Enemy Rifleman 100 meters south" is information that would take people 15 years to decipher. It's simply more of the PR bullshit being used to make OFP look appealing to the COD/BF/HALO crowd. :rolleyes:

Yes, my point is he's claiming RR certified by the USMC when he's only been in contact with one Marine.

A quote from Helios "We are in frequent communication with a range of non-serving and serving Marines as well as Military advisors. "

But then Lenton admits it's one person in a Marine PR department. To be honest I never know what to believe from CM.

A quote from Helios "We are in frequent communication with a range of non-serving and serving Marines as well as Military advisors. "

Obviously the communication isn't perfect...

But then Lenton admits it's one person in a Marine PR department. To be honest I never know what to believe from CM.

To be honest I think both run their mouths off before they actually consolidate with others as to what they actually want to say. :rolleyes:

You cannot critisize them for basing the game in a place thats like Afganistan, Considering thats exacly what BI did as well, hell, most games are going to be doing the same thing.

Theres a border to how insane comments can actually be when bashing them.

• Takistan
  • Tajikistan

spot the difference!

One is real, one made up, and both decisions probably done independently of eachother and at about the same time, only because fighting in desert/mountains is what the customers wants?

One is real, one made up, and both decisions probably done independently of eachother and at about the same time, only because fighting in desert/mountains is what the customers wants?

Exacly, Its not as if one copied the other....

I think Templars "Fame" on these forums is good enough and should not be under rated - these Forums are full of Flashpoints biggest fans.

FPDR

It really is a huge shame this happened to the OFP name...

How could the decision have been made at the same time, OA was announced before Dragon Rising was even released, also I doubt that the decision of where to base RR was done totally independently, CM would have definitely looked at what their competitors were doing when deciding on a setting.

Exacly, Its not as if one copied the other....

Well Dragon Rising was a poor man's copy of CWC, CM don't really have much in the way of credibility in that area... though from what I've read, I think Red River will be a copy of a number of successful games all rolled into one, trying to hit that Modern Warfare 2 sweet spot, ie sales.

Well Dragon Rising was a poor man's copy of CWC

More like a poor mans copy of Armed Assault (even down to the equipment choices - and inaccuracies: AH/MH-6's and M1A2 Abrams deployed with the USMC, and NAVY UH-60's (not used for ferrying troops around) instead of Marine Corps UH-1's or CH-53's... :rolleyes: )

But they had a team of advisors, so they'd know that... right. Right?