Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

One thing I like though is the voice acting... might be full of gung ho shit, but at least it sounds real

There. I've sold my soul

PS: By that, I mean the commands. They sound a bit more natural than ARMA's.

What would happen if a company made a game, exacly like Red River. But you were the Insurgents.

It would be alot of fun to watch the US media blow up.

Very intresting question. I believe that people like Jack Thompson would label the game as a ''A murder simulator that trains children to commit crimes and even terror acts agianst the American people.' or something like that.

In Cold war crisis you could kill US soldiers as a part of the Russian forces but I bet nothing blew up about that. When it comes to controversial games, I believe Postal 2, wich are banned in several countries, wins the prize. Awesome game though.

CWC was 10 years ago, back when the media had something useful to talk about over bashing computer games ...

In Cold war crisis you could kill US soldiers as a part of the Russian forces but I bet nothing blew up about that.
CWC was 10 years ago, back when the media had something useful to talk about over bashing computer games ...

More to the point, CWC didn't depict an enemy that the US was fighting at that time. Having the player fight against the US as an insurgent would be doing just that. That would cause a stir.

Yeah, If there was a game that had you as an Insurgent soldier, where you fought the coalition forces (UK and US forces, specificly). Would you feel offended shooting a British soldier?

Yeah, If there was a game that had you as an Insurgent soldier, where you fought the coalition forces (UK and US forces, specificly). Would you feel offended shooting a British soldier?

I know it's a video game, and I know it isn't reality, unlike your typical soccer mom. I would have no trouble fighting forces conventionally considered to be "the good guys", so long as it's not depicted in some sort of propaganda way like certain terrorism-propaganda games/mods that have come out in recent times.

I know it's a video game, and I know it isn't reality, unlike your typical soccer mom. I would have no trouble fighting forces conventionally considered to be "the good guys", so long as it's not depicted in some sort of propaganda way like certain terrorism-propaganda games/mods that have come out in recent times.

As in, do you have trouble playing as the Taliban (oh sorry, OpFor) in MoH? or OpFor in ArmA?

obviously i wouldn't. it is a damn game! i don't understand why you can shoot anything you like in games, as long it is not a depicted US soldier. Hell i understand why BIS is against introducing kids in this game, or why women cannot hold weapons. But what was with the MW2 airport scene, and what is with the very obvious attitude, US is the "good side", and the only one...we all know that is far from true

Edited by PuFu

Exacly, So why does you, the gamer, not have any problems with it. But the media, who may not even play games like it, do?

Maybe friends and I are psychopaths, trained to kill since childhood, but when we talk about playing ArmA, we ask, "Wanna go cap some commies?" or, "Wanna go ice some Amerikanski imperialists?", or whatever, name a group of people present in the game. It's not about hatred, murder, or politics. These games are not even a portrayal of actual violence. To be honest, films in which people are actually dying make me feel a bit uncomfortable. Shooting polygons has never been a problem for me, no matter what the context. The games I choose to play are not a political statement.

Exacly, So why does you, the gamer, not have any problems with it. But the media, who may not even play games like it, do?

For the same reasons people thought TV and rock music were works of the Devil. Most people are uneducated towards it, and certain media outlets love to sensationalize such things to gain viewer attention.

Because if the media can spin a story out of something, they will.

Also if you're not a seasoned gamer, it's very easy to view such a concept as bad taste. Especially if your fellow countrymen and women, neighbours or family are out there risking their lives.

Yep.

Back on track:

http://www.flashpointgame.com/2011/04/01/the-soundtrack-of-war/

The songs that they've added to the game to let you listen to whilst in the back of your heli.

Why Can’t We Be Friends? by War

Fever by Bullet For My Valentine

Click Click Boom by Saliva

Ten Times by Copywrite

Halo by SOiL

The Fun Lovin’ Criminal by Fun Lovin’ Criminals

Symphony of Destruction by Megadeth

Cowboys From Hell by Pantera

Lapdance by N.E.R.D (feat. Lee Harvey and Vita)

Stricken by Disturbed

Bodies by Drowning Pool

Personally, I would prefer my CO to me giving me a breifing on what to do, rather than having heavy metal blowing out my eardrums. :/

Edited by Ben_S
Added full list .. Oops

Bodies by Drowning Pool

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

Wait, are they serious? :butbut:

Note to Infinity Ward and, now, Codemasters: doing a half-assed copy of Generation Kill does not make you insta-great.

Well, i think i should call in a Moderator to remark what the topic title is.....oh, hi Zipper5...didn't saw you at first. ;)

Yeah ... Now look at the list, I put all of them in there, not just the bottom one. (Oops) :p

Myke;1890808']Well' date=' i think i should call in a Moderator to remark what the topic title is.....oh, hi Zipper5...didn't saw you at first. ;)[/quote']

In the grand scheme of going offtopic, that one was very mild. ;)

Note to Infinity Ward and, now, Codemasters: doing a half-assed copy of Generation Kill does not make you insta-great.

Where else did you think they dredged up the excessive use of "Oscar Mike"? :p

It's a nice series, but that is one of the few things that really bugged me.

Because if the media can spin a story out of something, they will.

Also if you're not a seasoned gamer, it's very easy to view such a concept as bad taste. Especially if your fellow countrymen and women, neighbours or family are out there risking their lives.

And of course, the defence for such an opinion is that the object-of-poor-taste is corruption the children.

Most overused song ever? Ewww

Now on top of true OFP players, they've also offended Marines worldwide by comparing the "gameplay" in their mediocre Rambo style with the combat experience of actual Marines FPDR

Now on top of true OFP players, they've also offended Marines worldwide by comparing the "gameplay" in their mediocre Rambo style with the combat experience of actual Marines FPDR

Hmmm, probably not the best move me thinks.

With the marketing based entirely on uniform sniffing that would embarrass as an actual serviceman, I'm not so sure they actually watched Generation Kill. At the very least they fast forwarded through all the dialog.