Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

let it die already...the guys over CM forums are living in a world of their own, and so are their moderators and developers. it doesn't even worth posting there, since i got the feeling that firstly everyone there loves to be conned, and secondly, most of those are under-aged console players who wouldn't know the difference between a proper game like we used to have on PCs, and yet another dull clone of a previous action shooter that are dominating the market and as a result, the industry, even if they had it stuck right between their eyes

under-aged console players... There's a fair share of people who play ArmA that are console gamers/under-age, too.

Some of the people in this forum are in more of a bubble than I've seen in any forum, Including the CM one.

But that's not what this thread is about, is it?

Edited by Ben_S

Some of the people in this forum are in more of a bubble than I've seen in any forum, Including the CM one.

Yep the bubble of people who do not accept broken compromises & are striving for realism.

Edited by jibemorel

under-aged console players... There's a fair share of people who play ArmA that are console gamers/under-age, too.

1. i said majority

2. if YOU feel to be part of that said majority, it is your problem.

3. yes, i know that a good share of people who play arma own a console. The difference is that ALL of them own a PC, while on your side of things, it is far from true

let's not start another PC vs console argument. i am gonna say only one thing: consoles (and their player base) is one of the main reasons, at least in my mind, why the great majority of PC games today are lacking innovation and can be characterized by platitude. The other big reason is piracy (although it is not only the PCs that are affected)

off you go back to your friends then

But that's not what this thread is about, is it?

no it isn't

Edited by PuFu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUuV5d-vr3g&NR=1

A member of the general public actually knows what's going on! :eek:

It seems that many game developers are struggling with what to do next. The market is saturated with modern warfare first person shooter games and it seems the only one stepping up their game is Dice with Battlefield 3.

Oh yes he does indeed... :rolleyes:

He makes "dead game" judgement based on nothing but a trailer and what must be less than a minute of research, without ever playing the game or its predecessors. It would be funny to see your reactions if he also gave similar treatment for Arma, because a lot of what he says applies to both games. I bet you'd be calling him an idiot who doesn't know jack shit :D

Edited by Pulverizer

To be honest he's convincing a lot more people than we are that Red River is the piece of crap it will turn out to be. How he does it, well, I'm not too worried about that, it still achieves the same endgame. :D

1. i said majority

2. if YOU feel to be part of that said majority, it is your problem.

3. yes, i know that a good share of people who play arma own a console. The difference is that ALL of them own a PC, while on your side of things, it is far from true

1. I never stated otherwise?

2. What?

3. And just because they don't own a PC is a reason to see them as a 'lower' gaming 'class' than you?

let's not start another PC vs console argument. i am gonna say only one thing: consoles (and their player base) is one of the main reasons, at least in my mind, why the great majority of PC games today are lacking innovation and can be characterized by platitude. The other big reason is piracy (although it is not only the PCs that are affected)

PC vs Console arguements are stupid because we're all gamers. Regardless of our platform or game preferences.

off you go back to your friends then

Infact very little of say my Steam or Xfire friend list are from the CM forums/DR. And next to all of them play ArmA II as well ...

no it isn't

Yeah.

3. And just because they don't own a PC is a reason to see them as a 'lower' gaming 'class' than you?

Id say so Yes. there im not sitting on the fence on this one, even though there maybe some exceptions...,

PC vs Console arguements are stupid because we're all gamers. Regardless of our platform or game preferences.

n7VAhzPcZ-s

Still relevant now.

A boring, uninspired, formulaic knockoff of a popular idea complaining about boring, uninspired, formulaic knock offs of popular ideas. I feel like I'm in a kaleidoscope.

yes, it is.

That doesn't make us all equal though

I

[YOUTUBEn7VAhzPcZ-s[/YOUTUBE]

Still relevant now.

I call it herezy for the knock off

Edited by PuFu

That doesn't make us all equal though

So what makes us un-equal?

... Wallet size? :D

lol. Perhaps. But that doesn't apply to all PC gamers, nor console gamers for that matter, now does it? :)

I've got a PS3. It's nice to have.

But it's still painfully obvious that the next generation consoles have been a major negative to gaming development.

OFP:RR is just the next series in a line of dozens that went from solid PC roots with compelling and creative gameplay to dumbed down copy cat style gameplay we've seen from every Call of Duty and the like for the last 7 years.

You'd think people would get tired of the same old crap at some point and we'd see some new inovation.

Thank god for Rockstar or consoles would be even worse.

So what makes us un-equal?

Your basic controller has 6 buttons, 2 triggers, a D-pad and two sticks. Console games are dumbed down to an unbelievable level, using a stick to control your gun is not only unrealistic, it's also awkward and retarded.

PCs have 104 keys and a mouse, not to mention all the other stuff you can buy and attach, like a REAL joystick, a steering wheel, a gamepad, etc.

Consoles are holding the gaming industry back. Game designers can do incredible things on the PC, just look at ARMA. Imagine what would happen if a giant such as EA designed a shooter like this. But, it'll be a long time until we see something with the complexity of ARMA released for the Xbox or PS3.

A boring, uninspired, formulaic knockoff of a popular idea complaining about boring, uninspired, formulaic knock offs of popular ideas. I feel like I'm in a kaleidoscope.

You know notthing about the difference between a boring, uninspired, formulaic knock offs of popular idea and a spoof.:p

"Finally, for the true Flashpoint veterans out there, there’s no need to fear the accessible reaper, as we were told there’s a full hardcore mode which supports a zero HUD and brings back the series’ mil-sim roots"

After reading that I'm so buying the game...

You know notthing about the difference between a boring, uninspired, formulaic knock offs of popular idea and a spoof.:p

He was doing exactly the same things as Yahtzee was doing. It was clearly just an imitation referencing Yahtzee's work without commenting on it at all. Ride the wave, pure pwnage, ride the wave.

"Finally, for the true Flashpoint veterans out there, there’s no need to fear the accessible reaper, as we were told there’s a full hardcore mode which supports a zero HUD and brings back the series’ mil-sim roots"

After reading that I'm so buying the game...

This is something that really irretates me. Codemasters always tell people that Flashpoint is so diffrent when it in fact is just another arcade BF-like shooter. It's the same thing with the fans at the Red River forums. A lot of them seems to praise the game, always trying to point out something that makes the game diffrent from all other games.

Why say that OFP is something that it really isn't.

He was doing exactly the same things as Yahtzee was doing. It was clearly just an imitation referencing Yahtzee's work without commenting on it at all. Ride the wave, pure pwnage, ride the wave.

It's a one-time short spoof that precedes an actual PP episode. And it's like three years old.

"This is the strength of any of the core teams working on internal projects at Codies; they make games for their fanbase, and as a result listen to that fanbase". -Ausgamers

:rolleyes:

I dont know who Ausgamers are, but they've already lost all credibility here. Listen to their fanbase...? Dont think so.

".... brings back the series’ mil-sim roots"

No HUD? Mother of God, thats a mil simmers wet dream! What innovation.

Yay! I got banned for posting this as a reply to an interview with Sion Lenton. My post was also edited so nobody could read it.

Sion Lenton must have watched this:

So, he's apperently trying to say that they removed PvP because there's a slight risk that the players might encounter a german kid that tells them what he's gonna do with their mothers.

One of the worst arguments in history, I believe. First off, in a proper multiplayer feature, you're able to kick and/or bann players that behave bad. Second, there's something called Mute button wich solves the whole problem in one second. Third, the chance that a german kid starts screaming at you isn't that great, and as mentined above, there are many ways to adress this problem.

Proper multiplayer is simply, according to people, more fun. That's why it is so popular.

I can't agree with Sion when he says that Red River is more authentic than other games. If he ever have seen any clip from Battlefield 3 he should understand that Battlefield and MOH is on the top of authentic games (authentic - not realistic).

And, as usally, he's telling people that he doesn't think simulation are fun. Simulation what was made the orginal OFP fun. Greed and obvious lack of experience and effort is made dragon rising fail.

He's also saying that they're trying the make their own product. Really, if anything was more orginal than most games out there, it was Dragon Rising. Red River is rather more of a mainstream-looking game than anything orginal.

It's really an amazing forum!

.. You deserved the ban there Cyper.

Infact the mods had been conspiring for weeks to do it. :D

.. You deserved the ban there Cyper. Infact the mods had been conspiring for weeks to do it. xD

What's wrong with the post I just quoted?

What's wrong with the post I just quoted?

Nothing was wrong with that post in particular, but all of your posts. You're extreamly one sided, very anti-RR.

Described as a 'walking advertisement', you didn't do much else except preach out mostly unfair, biased comments about why RR will suck, and BF3 will be better (of which, we're still awaiting the THIRD 30 second video on...) and why RO/ArmA are better, and why RR is just a clone of CoD/BF and has no gameplay in it.

There was no reason for you to be at those forums, if your soul purpose was to disrupt (what little there is) the forum.

Remember - The people on those forums are not a one-horse gamer. They're like me, They'll play RO, ArmA, CoD, OFP, F1, C&C, BF, IL2, Civ4/Civ5 etc.

The 'original' OFP doesn't mean anything to us; as it's just a name. And the only thing we care about is the gameplay itself. We let the fact it's not the original OFP die a long time ago.