Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

like the F1 2010 tricks mentioned before to con the player

How dare Codemasters con their customers into liking their games?! Outrageous!!! Games are about mimicing real life, not entertainment or fun.

'Cheating' AI and fabricated lap-times are complete anathema to fans of racing games.

Much as 60 units on the map and monster-closets are anathema to fans of strategic FPS games.

Bloody widget-sellers.

I am going to hang myself now. Good knowing you guys.

:hang:

Make a kewl video and go out with a bang ;)

---

'Cheating' AI and fabricated lap-times are complete anathema to fans of racing games.

Play GRID long enough and it becomes very obvious that everything the AI does in scripted

from the spinouts, to the wipeouts. Thats all CM knows how to do. 100% scripted crap/

GRID isn't a bad game if you manage to play on a MP server without half the players ramming out of the starting line.

but the SP is predictable as hell....

Edited by jblackrupert

lol, Everyone seems to forget that the DR devs arn't the F1 ones.

Funny how this excuse is still brought up even though I had answered it before it even come about. :rolleyes:

"Oh but they're two different development teams/studios!" I hear you say. Well then, it would appear that this will continue until the current head honchos of Codemasters are removed from the picture, as they seem to be the ones authorizing such fraud to take place. That includes people like Mr.Nicholls, Browne, Lenton, and the people above them. The ones "calling the shots", so to say. It's far too coincidental for the same thing to happen twice to two radically different brands both developed by CM.

ArmA I & II may have been buggy at release but the biggest issue were patched very fast (the German problem with Sony's Copy Protection was patched within 24 hours, i still remember that) and no one at BIS demanded that critic threads should be deleted.

With a CM game it seems you're left alone with all the problems. If the F1 racers are lucky they might get a 'REAL AI DLC' for 10Eur later on haha. ;)

Funny how this excuse is still brought up even though I had answered it before it even come about. :rolleyes:

Well since i figure i really want to start working on the "Heaven's Feel project" in OA, but as noob as i may be, i really like to do the following:

-I would like to recreate Taikijistan ( Im trying to learn visitor 3, im lost , some help would be nice)

-some help would be much appreciate it, i decided not to recreate the Heaven's feel campaign from OFP:DR to OA, instead i'll just do the sequel here >_>

CM are best at racing games? Seems they are just best at milking sheep these days....

...Cheating AI article.

And the AI in RR is going to be a challenge. Perhaps gfx there could sort out the AI for F1 2010 eh?

At least F1 2010 is a much more high-profile release for Codemasters, so hopefully the news of their fraudulent ways will spread better than it did with DR.

Well since i figure i really want to start working on the "Heaven's Feel project" in OA, but as noob as i may be, i really like to do the following:

-I would like to recreate Taikijistan ( Im trying to learn visitor 3, im lost , some help would be nice)

-some help would be much appreciate it, i decided not to recreate the Heaven's feel campaign from OFP:DR to OA, instead i'll just do the sequel here >_>

More power to you, mate. If you need help, don't hesitate to check out OFPEC as well as the forum's own Arma 2 Editing section, and why not have a read of the Community Wiki while you're at it. Good luck. ;)

Edited by Zipper5

Good decision m8.

Look at this tutorial:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=107584

Hope you have more luck than I do in the A2 editor/mod tools. :D

Hope you have more luck than I do in the A2 editor/mod tools. :D

is a very slow process >_>, since i would really liek to recreate taikijistan

is a very slow process >_>, since i would really liek to recreate taikijistan

How about starting simpler? Make a desert island with a hut on it. :)

Welcome and good luck.

Your stuff for DR was always high quality and fun.

Cheers,

Best of luck to you with this mate...have you considered doing Heavens Feel based in Takistan? Just seems like a huge goal to be setting straight away. But go for it anyway :D Here is a basic tutorial for Visitor 3, should get you started, Im sure there are other more complex ones knocking about somewhere. Regarding the editor...it's very intuitive, you can do quite compelx missions without even touching a script, but of course scripting will enhance your creations considerably. Complete command references here. There is a ton of info on the editor and scripting on these forums and, if you use search beforehand and cant find the info, plenty of very helpful people to answer any questions in the editing section.

And of course, welcome to the forums and indeed, to Chernarus & Takistan.

I once attempted to use the mod tools. I didn't get far. So start off nice and small venge. :)

I once attempted to use the mod tools. I didn't get far. So start off nice and small venge. :)

Just have to keep at it, one time use and you'll never get it and that goes for any area of modding and that goes for any game, it's why you see alot of WIP thing as far a model, maybe texture as well but when it comes to being ingame many of these fall short, just look at Crysis...tons of community made things, very few actually make it ingame.

Just have to keep at it, one time use and you'll never get it and that goes for any area of modding and that goes for any game, it's why you see alot of WIP thing as far a model, maybe texture as well but when it comes to being ingame many of these fall short, just look at Crysis...tons of community made things, very few actually make it ingame.

Yeah Yeah, I Know. Theres enough stuff here to keep me happy. No need to mod it.

I'm looking forward to a proper WW2 style mod for A2 now. :)

I like ww2 stuff too. MoH Allied Assault, awsome game. :bounce3:

Yeah Yeah, I Know. Theres enough stuff here to keep me happy. No need to mod it.

I'm looking forward to a proper WW2 style mod for A2 now. :)

I like ww2 stuff too. MoH Allied Assault, awsome game. :bounce3:

As far as WW2 stuff goes (which is my favourite war genre) you should check out Hidden & Dangerous 2. Best WW2 game IMO :)

I'll second that.

The Men of War/Faces of War/Soldiers:Heroes of WW2 series is also one no that one should miss.

Soldiers heroes of ww2. That is a game I shall not forget.

As far as WW2 stuff goes (which is my favourite war genre) you should check out Hidden & Dangerous 2. Best WW2 game IMO :)

Yeah, too bad that the promised 1.13 patch went FUBAR. Even all those clans in CZ are moving to Call of Duty.:j:

dont forget Enemy Territory, now when RTCW source code was released by IDsoft

there is huge push for visual and other improvements ...

I like all this discussion about the similarities/differences between VBS and the Arma series "over there", especially the guys claiming the Arma series to be a spin-off of VBS, when it's actually the other way around, technically. VBS1 was a spin-off of OFP, and since ArmA and Arma 2 are essentially sequels to OFP (Arma 2 more directly) how on earth can the Arma series be a spin-off of VBS2? Hell, there are even people claiming that VBS and Arma are the same thing.

9MBQg-7z-04

Watching that I really can't see how, outside of the graphics and animations (even though the graphics are actually deliberately worse), that looks like ArmA. And that's only VBS2 Lite. :rolleyes: