Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

So CM didnt ruin dragon rising, but their staff did? :confused:

Seems like one and the same thing to me...

Their devs answer to their project leads, and their project leads answer to their management. So however you look at it, CM is to blame for CM's failures.

@Ben_S

To add to that, each lead is responsible for their team; managers, their departments; and up and up. Ultimately, the responsibility lies in the structure of the company, which is the in part the directing board's responsibility. It's called the chain of command.

Also, I think we are talking about CM's business model as much as anything else. How can you lay the responsibility of that on the floor staff?

Edited by Max Power

I'm disappointed that there is no dead horse beating smiley.

So CM didnt ruin dragon rising, but their staff did? :confused:

Seems like one and the same thing to me...

Their devs answer to their project leads, and their project leads answer to their management. So however you look at it, CM is to blame for CM's failures.

You can't say CM Birmingham or Malaysia studios games will all suck just because CM Action Studios' first game was below average. Had the CM Action Studios worked better, CM would have published a better product as DR. They salvaged what they could out of a bad situation and the game ended up being okay even if not matching to the original vision.

I don't see anyone going on some silly crusade against all 505 Games published titles despite Arma1 and Arma2 being released in a horribly broken state.

1. The Game was not Ok

2. They didn´t really try to make it ok, instead they dropped Patch Support

3. They could have done better (I mean its their job to do it and they had enough time)

4. Instead of even trying to make something that deserves the Name Operation Flashpoint in terms of Gameplay, they made just another (crap) shooter

I think they saw DR as a dead end, not worth throwing any more money at, because they are going to go to another direction with the series.

Besides, DR played okay at release so it didn't require years of patching to make it playable. The only major things left missing are modding support and deddy servers. When the game sold so poorly on the PC, it made no sense to develop features no one would use.

Yes, You cannot say all parts of CM and their products will be faulty and bad just because 1 studio didn't make a good game.

Yes, You cannot say all parts of CM and their products will be faulty and bad just because 1 studio didn't make a good game.

I can confirm at least one team member - who is significantly more Dutch than myself - is eagerly awaiting Formula One: F1 2010, which has, so far, garnered a very positive reception.

Rie

Have always enjoyed CM's racing games, and my brother has got F1 2010 and is liking that so far. Didn't look at OFP: DR passed the demo though.

I wonder if that Sion guy will make anymore comedy videos for youtube?

I wonder if that Sion guy will make anymore comedy videos for youtube?

I am eagerly awaiting more of his "memorable" quotes. The headshot video was surpsisingly popular. :)

The game was distributed under the Codemasters name, and that means CM HQ had to authorize it. That means, at the very least, they authorized all that went on with DR post-release. So no, it wasn't just 1 studio, it was CM as a whole, therefore the whole company is just as much at fault for what happened.

I am eagerly awaiting more of his "memorable" quotes. The headshot video was surpsisingly popular. :)

"Ive been shot in the balls...it's OK, I can still reproduce".

Funny that you keep bringing up the headshot quote again and again, considering headshots in DR work more or less the same in Arma2. On lower difficulty levels, you can survive a headshot and on harder levels you will die.

Not since OFP have I been shot in the head and survived. Perhaps with the extended armor difficulty setting it becomes possible, never tried it, but at least it's not part of every difficulty level.

You cannot deny the stupidity of his comment, though. It was just shy of "Nice....."

I don't know if you're actually being shot in the head in DR, or something is just doing damage to your head or the area near your head, but the display shows that you've been hit in the head, ranging from orange to red, yet you're still alive. Another poor design choice from the many made in DR. :rolleyes:

I can confirm at least one team member - who is significantly more Dutch than myself - is eagerly awaiting Formula One: F1 2010, which has, so far, garnered a very positive reception.

Rie

Uh oh. Just wait until he realizes the other race cars ingame are just eye-candy and their lap times are scripted. There's a lot wrong with F1 2010 as ppl just found out.

Watch the CM forums, ppl are going mad atm. Or maybe the threads are being deleted.

In F1 2010 ingame racing action around you and the lap times are not consistent. In fact it's just you on your own against the clock and scripted AI lap times, thats all. No kidding. :(

Reading the F1 2010 forums I'm getting flashbacks of DR's release. Paints an oh-so-pretty picture of what RR will be like, doesn't it? :rolleyes:

First thread I opened, which seemed the most important as it was the first sticky on the page and was a message from the moderators themselves, had this as the first reply:

You made a game that deceived some people's expectations = you need to listen to them.

How is it disrespectful to criticize something that you found bad after spending your hardly earned coins on?? isn't this a reason enough to be angry??

Quite ironic, lol. As I continue reading I'm seeing all these different issues with the game, and it seems to be in no better state than DR was.

CM's strategy seems to be like this:

1. Put more money into a shiny licence because that's what will sell the game in great numbers

2. Create as good gfx fx as possible which can be shown in screenshots and developer making offs

3. Use some cheap game developer students from somewhere to create an illusion of a simulation & AI system that is good enough to fool ppl for a few more days after they bought the game

4. Use the licence to create hype. Use a veteran guy from RealLife to do some making off videos to fool potential customers

5. Don't make a demo. Ever. Use every possible trick in the 'Cheap Developer's Book' to get away with it unharmed. Say something intelligent like 'time to make that demo is better spend on getting last minute bugs out of the gold candidate'. or 'we want players to have the full experience. we can't put all the experience into a short demo'.

It really doesn't give much hope to RR being different from DR when a very similar stunt occurs once more a year later.

"Oh but they're two different development teams/studios!" I hear you say. Well then, it would appear that this will continue until the current head honchos of Codemasters are removed from the picture, as they seem to be the ones authorizing such fraud to take place. That includes people like Mr.Nicholls, Browne, Lenton, and the people above them. The ones "calling the shots", so to say. It's far too coincidental for the same thing to happen twice to two radically different brands both developed by CM.

If they are only good at car simulators, they should stick to it and not try to rehash their game engine to sell it in other areas :dozingoff:

Given what's being said on their forums about F1 2010 they can't even get the car simulation aspect right, lol. :D

You cannot deny the stupidity of his comment, though. It was just shy of "Nice....."

Oh sure I can. Easily. Perhaps the bullet or fragment only brushed his ear or chin, so he is bleeding badly (even minor head injuries can cause a lot of bleeding) but it's nothing serious.

People get shot in the head all the time without dying from it IRL. The instantaneously leathal/completely incapacitating headshots would be hits that damage the brain, spinal cord, throat or the major blood vessels. Not ones that only cause minor damage to the neck, ears, chin, eyes, nose, jaw etc.

Edited by Pulverizer

It's being noticed in gaming press also...RPS

Looks like F1 '10 is more focused, streamlined with enhanced gameplay features.

Fuck 'em....

Not since OFP have I been shot in the head and survived. Perhaps with the extended armor difficulty setting it becomes possible, never tried it, but at least it's not part of every difficulty level.

It's not a part of every difficulty level in DR either. But I guess that doesn't really matter to you, as it doesn't seem to make a difference to you whether you lie, are completely ignorant of the subject or speak the truth when bashing CM.