Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

Ohh... I miss that death cam in ARMA...

Uh? Is still there.

Sorry, but testers are testing (not playing!) crappy alpha versions. The decision to go "Gold" and release of a game is still made by producers and publishers. Its little naive to think that testers do have enough power to stop or delay the release. Remember the release of Armed Bugged Assault! ;)

Indeed.

When a person so obviously accustomed to the twitch-FPS world claims that a game intending to be a military simulator is too difficult, then you should realize as a competent developer that you're going in the right way! So long as you aren't making the game impossible. Make the damn tester (he's under your payroll anyway) test the game for even longer, and see if once he gets accustomed to the fact he can't run around soaking up bullets and magically repairing his body, it will click for him that the game is realistic, not "overly difficult". If not, well, you have the wrong people testing a military simulator!

But, of course, that's not what CM have done. Note the "competent developer" part. :rolleyes:

Edit: Two more developers mentioned, still only play TF2, Blur, Deus Ex, Uncharted 2, BFBC2, etc. And now we have people over there who think swearing doesn't add anything to the experience. I mean, Rogue Soldier level swearing is just stupid and unnecessary, but if a RPG exploded too close to you or a bullet whizzed over your head, I know my first exclamation would be "Fuck!" If you have a family then buy a headset, mute the volume, or don't allow them into the room when you're playing if you're that on-edge about it...

FPDR

Edited by Zipper5

Highly doubt that CM really thought that they could blind old OFP veterans or simfans. Didnt CM said in an interview something like "probably our customers even dont know about the original game or maybe know it only from reading or listening somewhere..." ? CM developing their RR game not for simfans. Who knows, maybe console players will like it or they stick to BFBC:2OMG + COD MW:1337 versions?

Zipper5 do you know which games BIS devs played or still playing? What if they played DeusEx or WingCommander or KingsQuest or Gothic... ;)

Uh? Is still there.

Really? all I got was red screen and the camera focussing on my dead body... never on the shooter that killed me.

Zipper5 do you know which games BIS devs played or still playing? What if they played DeusEx or WingCommander or KingsQuest or Gothic... ;)

Of course, those are great games. In fact, almost all of the ones I listed are. I was just pointing out that no where is it mentioned a game like the original Ghost Recons, or the original Rainbow Six games. Obviously they won't mention Arma 2, but I personally think they would want to have put devs up who actually enjoy realistic games due to the uncertainty on the subject amongst their fans.

But I guess the lack of that sends an even clearer message - the game isn't going to be realistic. :rolleyes:

I believe all Zipper5 would need to see to make him happy is a single dev who actually played the original OFP ;)

Would work for me :)

Exactly. If someone working on the game was actually a fan of the original OFP, I'd find it would give more legitimacy to the dev team as a whole. As it stands now it seems like a bunch of guys hired in the past to create a cookie-cutter FPS simply continuing that trend.

Its all about marketing, well placed infotainment and advertisement. :cool:

Do you really value dev's by the games they've played or do you care more on their creative and developing skills/work?

A dev can be very experienced in creating a turd, and creative with the turd, but that doesn't make it something other than a turd.

I accidently found this review of DR, meny of you probably already seen it but if not you will have nice laugh:

A dev can be very experienced in creating a turd, and creative with the turd, but that doesn't make it something other than a turd.

My dog does better turds than CM. Very symmetrical.

@Tony...that review was quite funny. "It's the most military game out there". Didn't know Bert & fucking Ernie reviewed games.

Jesus , 11aTony... I really didnt need to see that :p

I'll just copy and poste my comment on the video, which should be enough lol.

This video really makes me do a double facepalm.

These turds 'reviewing' the game, and the 'game' itself both just suck ass through a straw. DR isnt realistic, it's NOT a simulator and the fact these guys thought it was really shows on them...

EDIT:

Bascule made me ROFL.

"It's the most military game out there". Didn't know Bert & fucking Ernie reviewed games.

I had seen that review quite a while ago now, but as soon as I heard that line I turned it off. Not at all because I dislike DR, but because I really dislike when reviewers say things like that; putting a noun as an objective. What exactly is... "Most military"? :confused:

They will never mention Arma 2 for pretty obvious reasons. As I said before, the lack of any hints towards the dev team comprising of people trying to make the game at least slightly realistic says a lot more about what to expect from RR; lacking realism, over-the-top Hollywood action.

I love playing ArmA and the original OFP.

guy number 1:D

kind regards

Edit: This forum is full of people who love to play ArmA and OFP, otherwise they wouldn't hang around, don't you think?

Edited by nettrucker

I accidently found this review of DR, meny of you probably already seen it but if not you will have nice laugh:

He said RB6 vegas 2 and realism in the same sentence. nuff said.

Edited by NodUnit

I love playing ArmA and the original OFP.

guy number 1:D

kind regards

Edit: This forum is full of people who love to play ArmA and OFP, otherwise they wouldn't hang around, don't you think?

He was referring to the fact that none of the devs featured have said anything about liking even the original OFP, not people on these forums.

Oh common guys, give them a break. These n00bs were about 4 years old when the real OFP came out :rolleyes: ;)

And another two guys who play TF2 and the likes. I still havn't seen a guy who said he loves to play ArmA or OFP. :(

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/general-discussion-1335/424987-meet-devs.html

Well, its not that taking inspiration from Team Fortress 2 would be a bad thing.

But taking inspiration from Team Fortress 2 to develop a "very focused" mil-sim.. well, *that* is a bad idea..

But if I was interest in RR, and I am not, I would love if the devs could bring in some ideas from TF2.. Like: team selection? Hats?:yay:

However the fact that the devs plays those kind of games does not mean that much.

post edited due too much hatred not wanting to be seen.

Edited by NodUnit