Guys, remember there are some basic survival tips and instructions for gameplay mechanics in your Arma Field Manual. 

It's located in the main menu, click on Learn >Field Manual >Ravage.   

That should be added to the wiki EO.

I did a page up for creating missions with module descriptions. Kodabar can put that in whatever category or heading he likes :)

• Like 2

Haleks i was wondering if you might consider(if its even possible)  to have ravage zombie horde as a faction(under civ if possible or IND)

My reasons for thinking this would be a welcome feature stems from the zombie horde module,and the fact that unlike ambient zeds,the horde dont de-spawn after player is out of range.

If someone like me,who is making a mission covering the whole entire island of lets say chernarus,wants to distribute hordes around cities or towns,the performance will drop fast if zeds are spawned in and player does not kill them,then stumbles on another town and more hordes spawn....(immagine flying a helicopter around the island,it would quickly spawn alot of horde modules and FPS would quickly decrease.

If a horde could be placed as a playable faction,the mission maker could "enable simulation false" for each horde,and thats just as good i beleive as "spawning them in" in terms of performance.

It would help greatly in enabling mission makers in populating the map with hordes(which are so much fun that by now all i do when jumping into the editor is populate a town and run in with a GL poping away ;)  )

Its just a suggestion and you could pre difine groups ar 10 man,20 man etc

Possibly placing a code in the init of leader zed to enable horde behaviour...

Looking forward to the next update man!

I have been thinking about making zombies available as configured factions/groups, but avoided it so far for several technical reasons.

It's not out of the equation, but there is stuff I need to work on before considering that. One thing I'd like to achieve eventually is to make zombies compatible with ALiVE at some point - it has (almost) all one needs to set up an infection epicenter on any terrain, and watch it spread with their virtual command system... :devil:

But my To-Do list is already longer than my arm, so I can't say when or if this will be done. ^^'

(Plus, I'm working on a top-secret MP feature which wasn't really planned - more infos soon!)

Meanwhile, there is a BIS module called "Simulation Manager" (or something like that), it could achieve what you are looking for...

Although I would need to tweak the code to make sure that background AI functions aren't running when a zombie has its simulation disabled - but yeah technically both modules could work fine together.

I'll make some tests on my end, if all goes right, we might have an alternative (and viable) way to populate maps.

• Like 2

One thing I'd like to achieve eventually is to make zombies compatible with ALiVE at some point - it has (almost) all one needs to set up an infection epicenter on any terrain, and watch it spread with their virtual command system... :devil:

(Plus, I'm working on a top-secret MP feature which wasn't really planned - more infos soon!)

Delicious!

I have been thinking about making zombies available as configured factions/groups, but avoided it so far for several technical reasons.

It's not out of the equation, but there is stuff I need to work on before considering that. One thing I'd like to achieve eventually is to make zombies compatible with ALiVE at some point - it has (almost) all one needs to set up an infection epicenter on any terrain, and watch it spread with their virtual command system... :devil:

But my To-Do list is already longer than my arm, so I can't say when or if this will be done. ^^'

Meanwhile, there is a BIS module called "Simulation Manager" (or something like that), it could achieve what you are looking for...

Although I would need to tweak the code to make sure that background AI functions aren't running when a zombie has its simulation disabled - but yeah technically both modules could work fine together.

I'll make some tests on my end, if all goes right, we might have an alternative (and viable) way to populate maps.

Usage with Alive sounds really good but as far as i remember ALIVE does not permit the player to save game,too much data to load and you will get an out of memory crash to desktop.(maybe they updated it to permit saves im not sure)

In regards to the simulation manager i have tested it before,and it does not affect anything that spawns in dynamically mid mission so thats out of the question at the moment.

I look forward to future implimentations...i played some DAYZ standalone this week and i have to say,your zeds put those zeds to shame. Dean hall should be asking you to work on the standalone imo.

Oh theres one more thing il point out in regards a few posts back to the Altis damaged buildings you use with ravage and my constant crash to desktop.

With vanilla and ravage i had units in my group a few KM away from me,i told them to enter an Altis building that was beside me(5km away from them) and the game stuttered bad every three seconds.Do you recognize this symptom?   Im still trying to narrow the issue down,im only using CUP terrains at that time.

Thanks for the save help earlier guys.  :)

I found what I believe to be an issue with the MRCO scope. I had the scope for awhile and it worked fine and then all of a sudden its like this.

http://imgur.com/xebcsWk

it only looks that way when i try to aim using it. I've tried unattach, reattach, putting it on different guns, save, load, no luck. 

Also what is the intended way to use antirad pills? I dont have a geiger counter yet so i cant see what happens to my rad numbers when I take them but it seems that by taking them all at once or spreading them out over a few minutes each i cant get my radiation down. Its possible Im just always standing in giant fields of radiation, so im just wondering how i should be using them.

Thanks

Also what is the intended way to use antirad pills? I dont have a geiger counter yet so i cant see what happens to my rad numbers when I take them but it seems that by taking them all at once or spreading them out over a few minutes each i cant get my radiation down. Its possible Im just always standing in giant fields of radiation, so im just wondering how i should be using them.

Thanks

http://ravage.wikia.com/wiki/Radiation

• Like 2

thanks evil, i should of found that before asking

It's a good read and is being updated all the time.......

@haleks, would it be a good idea to add the wiki link to the first page?

@E.O : yep, will do!

I'll go through the different pages and see if any corrections are needed first.

By the way, there are two small errors on the Rad page : unlike what it says, worker coveralls do not offer anti-rad protection (though they used to in the first versions).

The only uniforms that do protect its wearer are the Pilot coveralls :

800px-Arma3_CfgVehicles_I_pilot_F.jpg

...and the super rare CSAT high-tech gear :

800px-Arma3_CfgVehicles_O_soldierU_F.jpg

(Basically, the only uniforms that completely cover the wearer).

Regarding Anti-Rad pills, taking them one by one or several does not affect their potency (or at least it shouldn't), but of course you take the risk to consume one too many than you should. ;)

• Like 2

Does anyone have the EDN Fortification mod that they could share? I have been trying to get it from Armaholics and With Six but it will not download it. I have tried multiple browsers and still nothing. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers

Does anyone have the EDN Fortification mod that they could share? I have been trying to get it from Armaholics and With Six but it will not download it. I have tried multiple browsers and still nothing. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers

I think I have a copy... I'll look a in a bit when I get home munnster

• Like 1

Awesome work Haleks!! Just tried it! The atmosphere, the music, the gameplay everything is really immersive!! 

There's just one problem i am having. The zombies in my game just stand where they are like robots. They don't move or attack. When i shoot them, it shows in my stats that i killed a zombie but the zombie is still as it was before.

HELP!

• Like 1

Awesome work Haleks!! Just tried it! The atmosphere, the music, the gameplay everything is really immersive!! 

There's just one problem i am having. The zombies in my game just stand where they are like robots. They don't move or attack. When i shoot them, it shows in my stats that i killed a zombie but the zombie is still as it was before.

HELP!

Are you using CBA?

HELP!

Are you using CBA?

I have just tested Ravage without CBA, and zombies still work as expected so it's not that. Maybe he's using an out-dated version of Arma 3. 

Without little information to go on, it's hard to find a solution.

HELP!

I would need your mod list, but it sounds like your game may not be up-to-date.

Make sure you have the latest version installed, and check files integrity with Steam if needs be.

Ya i knew that :) but its been 2 days and loot just stopped suddenly, it happened a few times and i have to restart the mission. Thought someone else might have had an issue.

Could you PM me your latest RPT log next time this happens?

This has never been reported before, and I'm not sure I can reproduce this behaviour. :/

The loot system won't work with buildings specific to DayZ, but might work with some of the old ones, provided that they didn't drastically change the configs.

Zombies however should work no problem and will most likely spawn around any of them buildings. ;)

Haleks,

I seem to be having the same issue as munnster. Ive waited over 1 day and still no loot. Ive also tried going over to a town ive never visited and stopped outside it, waited and then went in and no loot spawns.  :( I checked my rpt's in the arma 3 folder and ive got nothing logged for a few days, well before this issue happened.

Let me know if I can assist in any way.

I would need your mod list, but it sounds like your game may not be up-to-date.

Make sure you have the latest version installed, and check files integrity with Steam if needs be.

Mod List:

CBA

RHS: AFRF

RHS: USAF

ASR AI3

Virtual Arsenal Anywhere

Simple single player cheat menu 

thats all...........

Game version is 1.52 so i should update right? Damn, the download speed here sucks!!

But i gotta do it anyway.............. Thanks a lot Haleks! Ill try and update now.

Just one more question.

Is there any way to increase the frequency of the encounter with raiders? I want to fight more raiders..........

P.S. I am to the editor what a 1st grade kid is to 11th grade algebra. So please step by step.

Haleks,

I seem to be having the same issue as munnster. Ive waited over 1 day and still no loot. Ive also tried going over to a town ive never visited and stopped outside it, waited and then went in and no loot spawns.  :( I checked my rpt's in the arma 3 folder and ive got nothing logged for a few days, well before this issue happened.

Let me know if I can assist in any way.

Thanks for the report, I'll investigate it ASAP. Quick question : do zombies still spawn around you?

The reason I ask is because both features rely on "while" loops, although they both run in scheduled environment, so I would be surprised if that was the problem...

Just one more question.

Is there any way to increase the frequency of the encounter with raiders? I want to fight more raiders..........

P.S. I am to the editor what a 1st grade kid is to 11th grade algebra. So please step by step.

There is no dedicated setting for this, but, technically, placing two ambiant AI modules with the same settings should work and spawn twice as much raiders (and friendlies). ;).

Thanks for the report, I'll investigate it ASAP. Quick question : do zombies still spawn around you?

The reason I ask is because both features rely on "while" loops, although they both run in scheduled environment, so I would be surprised if that was the problem...

Zeds, npcs, rabbits, all still spawning. I did see that I'm not on the latest beta for arma 3, I didn't have it enabled when I created my latest save. Not sure if that matters.

is it possible to set up a private server with this mod so i can play coop with friend?

• Like 1

Zeds, npcs, rabbits, all still spawning. I did see that I'm not on the latest beta for arma 3, I didn't have it enabled when I created my latest save. Not sure if that matters.

I don't know; if the rest works, so should the loot system... Thanks for the reports anyway! ;)

I'll keep an eye on this.

is it possible to set up a private server with this mod so i can play coop with friend?

At the moment, not really; but we are working on it for the next update.

• Like 1

20160315144739_1_zpsofnqidqz.jpg

20160315145101_1_zpsrxhrn0bm.jpg

20160315145123_1_zpsem9wbb26.jpg

ill have some video of this to show soon :)

We came across this magician who can do things with fire!

• Like 2