acemod

ACE3 - A collaborative merger between AGM, CSE, and ACE

Hello... what is this one?

- Config options for auto downloading ACE from the Steam Workshop (#3336, #3396)

Will FRIES have a zeus placeable module in the future?

(Or an option to be enabled on all applicable choppers by default?)

Will FRIES have a zeus placeable module in the future?

(Or an option to be enabled on all applicable choppers by default?)

A Zeus module is definitely planned, a module option to equip all helicopters could probably be done too. Another suggestion that came up today is to make them mountable during a mission, although I am not sure if that's a good idea yet (because of multiple reasons, realism being one of them).

OK, stupid question.  Is there any documentation about FRIES?  Are ropes added to any helicopters by default?  Or do they need to be synced via module placement in mission building?
I can't find any information about them on the Wiki or here.

Can I add FRIES via script?

Yes, like this:

[_vehicle] call ace_fastroping_fnc_equipFRIES

With _vehicle being your helicopter. This function should be called serverside and is not public API (yet), so it might change at a later stage.

OK, stupid question.  Is there any documentation about FRIES?  Are ropes added to any helicopters by default?  Or do they need to be synced via module placement in mission building?

I can't find any information about them on the Wiki or here.

You can find the documentation on the ACE3 Wiki. There is also documentation for modders available that want to make their helicopter fast roping capable (note that there's a formatting issue right now which should be fixed soon).

Every fast roping capable helicopter automatically has infinite ropes available. Having a limited amount of ropes that can be loaded through ACE3 Cargo is planned but might still take a while.

Thanks for that quick info.  For some reason I just couldn't find it on the WIKI.  Great work on the mod guys!  our unit loves it.

ok I have something weird going on. Not sure if this needs to be sent to bug tracker or not. I just updated from steam, ace 3.5. Thought I would try out the new fast roping. Helos do nothing but fly straight up. I dropped all my mods except cba and ace. Made a simple test mission. I put down a helo gave it a move waypoint and first test it moved to the way point, went in and turned on fast roping, helo went straight up. I tried the every combination of the new fast rope, syncing module, clicking box in the attributes in helo and using script "[_vehicle] call ace_fastroping_fnc_equipFRIES". I only used one at a time, not all of them together. Still helo goes straight up. I then went in and removed  ace fastrope from the mission. Replayed and helo still goes straight up. I have not removed the fastrope module from the addons folder but i guess that will be my next step. 

AFAIK fast roping is not supposed to be used with AI helos? I might be wrong though...

Anyone had an issue with the MX-2A not working correctly? I haven't been able to see thermal signatures farther out than about 50 meters with the white hot or black hot views. We have been having problems with them on our ALiVE mission.

Hi, like the update, nice work.

But can someone answer the question please?

Hi, like the update, nice work.
But can someone answer the question please?

Should just be able to remove the pbos files you don't want to use, so in your case the medical pbos.

Should just be able to remove the pbos files you don't want to use, so in your case the medical pbos.

Wasn't sure it will work if i'll do that, but looks working, great modulating, thank you.

Good work, good mod, thankss to developers, will be part of our collection.

A lot of changes and progress. Can't wait to try em all out :)

Congratulations on the release. 

Sorry if i misunderstood something, but is a new update solved problem with savegames? 

ok I have something weird going on. Not sure if this needs to be sent to bug tracker or not. I just updated from steam, ace 3.5. Thought I would try out the new fast roping. Helos do nothing but fly straight up. I dropped all my mods except cba and ace. Made a simple test mission. I put down a helo gave it a move waypoint and first test it moved to the way point, went in and turned on fast roping, helo went straight up.

As Max255 already said, fastroping is not really made for AI pilots. They recognize the FRIES as something they could collide with, so they try to avoid it and fly straight up. I'd recommend only using fastroping with human pilots.

• Like 1

G'day ACE Devs,

I have to second what nomad has posted above. Running Vanilla A3, latest CBA and ACE 3 only, UH-80 with Equip FRIES module attached will climb straight up and will not move to waypoints. Hoping you can look into this.

G'day ACE Devs,

I have to second what nomad has posted above. Running Vanilla A3, latest CBA and ACE 3 only, UH-80 with Equip FRIES module attached will climb straight up and will not move to waypoints. Hoping you can look into this.

Please ready my post two posts above yours.

I have a revive medical question..I have a mission that uses Faroq revive and ACE doesn't seem to over ride it..my understanding is ACE just over rides what is in the mission for vanilla revive..do I need to completely remove any vanilla or scripts for revive? Any help would be great thanks!

Diesel

Baermitumlaut,

Sorry about that. I missed your post. Thanks for the info.