Sign in to follow this  
vo.2

VopSound

VopSound updated to version 1.19 including ACE Replacement Sounds.

48046341.jpg

ACE sound replacement included again.

Last weekend I've made a preview video, but some sounds may have changed since then and I forgot to show some. But it will give you a short overview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TG-WW--7Dw&fmt=18

Download:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=3852

Changelog:

v1.19_ACE

- all small arms firing sounds overhauled/replaced

- new vehicle sounds for CH47, ATV, Sedan, LandRover, SU family, KA50

- Footsteps added

- impact "swoosh" for rockets, artillery shells and bombs removed

- shoulder launched AT weapon firing sounds added (SMAW, LAW)

- impact sound for thermobaric rockets added

- music tracks removed due to package size

- new handgrenade impact sounds added

- glass shatter sounds for grenade impacts removed

- SU27/30/34 and Harrier environment sound replaced

- car horn sounds replaced

I tried to handle as most as possible suggestions given by the community, I hope you like the new version.

v1.19 config hotfix

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

- [ACE] missing M203 on M16A2/A4 added

- [BIS] Recoil to vanilla M4QDS added

Download

http://www.armaholic.com/datas....fix.rar

Please update your Modfolder.

Have fun,

vo.2

Sry but the download doesn't work.

Edit: sry my fault. Damn Downloadmanager.

i'm testing now and will give some feedback tomorrow.

Will the stream of soundmods never end? tounge2.gif

Sounds very good on youtube, especially littlebird flyby. Thanks! smile_o.gif

I was never a fan of sound mods, but I gave this one a try. Actually I have no idea how all the vehicles and weapons sound in reality, but this one is good fun. I tested some intense fighting and the sounds give the game much more atmosphere smile_o.gif

Thank you!

Thank you for your hard work. This is really good.

One problem: just fire the M136 cannon near you on the ground.

Playing some berzerks today and noticed the new music. Love it. biggrin_o.gif

There seems to be a lot of echo added to the small arms, it's quite distracting. Also, the bullet cracks here are louder than Hi-Fi mod's, and the tanks firing sound a bit too heavy on the high end.

I do like the different explosion sounds when you hit a building, that's a nice touch. Very good overall, I think I'll probably hop between this and Hi-Fi until Chammy's is released.

biggrin_o.gif

Good job! Thanks for your hard work. thumbs-up.gif

Video sounds really good, and im a fan of some reverb. Dry stock arma isnt realistic. Good work.

Regards

Alex

the guns sound great upclose. just when you get into a firefight you cant hear anything if you are 100 feet away from teh fight

nice but whats with the constant ringing sound,and truks sound the same as vinilla just beefed up.

First thanks to the hosting sites, rapidshare does normally work with highspeed, but for some reason sometimes you only get about 20kb.

Quote[/b] ]One problem: just fire the M136 cannon near you on the ground.

There is only one M136 and this is the AT4, whats wrong with it? I can't figure out any problem. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]There seems to be a lot of echo added to the small arms, it's quite distracting. Also, the bullet cracks here are louder than Hi-Fi mod's, and the tanks firing sound a bit too heavy on the high end.

That depends on personal preference. I like the reverb, because it gives you the feeling of shooting a weapon, not a paintball gun.

120mm guns are heavy, as you know. smile_o.gif Back in my Army time, I once stood 50m next to a M1 shooting training rounds, and it was frightening. I just wanted to get this feeling in game.

Quote[/b] ]nice but whats with the constant ringing sound,and truks sound the same as vinilla just beefed up.

The ringing is my microphone. wink_o.gif Mute button is broken.

Sorry for the confusion.

M163 Vulcan cannon *

Some things I'm still missing from the AACF soundmod I used to use is the Javelin Sound and the sound of flying missiles, reverb could be toned down a little bit and the m24.

Overall still very good and I'm still using it. biggrin_o.gif

Any plans on future tweaked versions?

I really liked that bit and I thought that this sound mod had the best bad weather sounds when I first heard it. It felt really realistic to me.

Sorry for the confusion.

M163 Vulcan cannon *

Some things I'm still missing from the AACF soundmod I used to use is the Javelin Sound and the sound of flying missiles, reverb could be toned down a little bit and the m24.

Overall still very good and I'm still using it. biggrin_o.gif

Any plans on future tweaked versions?

I see... crazy_o.gif  thank you for highlighting this issue, I simply forgot to test them ingame, because I can't remember I ever used this weapon. Sorry. whistle.gif

Reverb will be toned down 10db for M4, G36, M16 and M249 in an update.

great mod. but most of the weapons sound VERY monotoned. and it seems like if you are in a firefight in a city. you cant hear shat

I love the in game music, love the UI buttons sounds (real nice).

Some great sounds here, nice round hit sounds from AH helis on the ground, nice incoming round effects. Im no over keen on the rifle sounds (then again thats personal pref and you can never please everyone  smile_o.gif  ).

I found the grenade/motar round explosions, I think one of them at least, a bit "odd" not enough boom punch to it, sounded more like a distorted gunfire round boosted much louder than normal.

I also have to note about the config, seems like distant fire is either wrong DB in configs for "far" bullet sounds or the sounds themselves are low recorded. I found that moving just 50-100 meters away from a large firefight it didnt seem very audible as if somethings kicking off in the distance but I have earmuffs on sad_o.gif . Although when I used my headphones at a decent loud level I coud here things. So some of that needs to be upped in level I would say.

nice work.

but you need to fix some cannon sounds.. espesialy the harrier cannon sound.. it sounds even worse than the orginale sound.. just horrieble

if you hover close to the ground and shoot that the ground you'll see what i mean by its horrible

keep up the good work smile_o.gif

hope to see some sound fixesin the future

There are a few sounds that are amazing and some that are WAAAy off.  

Example the US 5-ton truck (that I used to drive in the Army), the M113, etc...      

However the T-72 sounds very cool, although I'm not sure if it's quite accurate.  The BMP likewise sounds excellent and very realistic to the BMP's I've heard in real life.  

It's just that some of the sounds sound more like YouTube videos (with hit and miss sound quality) rather then the actual sounds.  

If you combined the most realistic of these sounds with the most realistic of FROMZ's sounds I think you'd have a winner.  It's a bit overwhelming with all these sound packs that right now I tend to stick with FROMZ as overall it has the best combat ambiance that I've heard so far (although still is far from perfect).    I'm an ex-US Army Reservist so keep that in mind, but I do have alot of familiarity with certain vehicle and weapon sounds...when I hear something close, it instantly provokes memories of those weapons or vehicles.  

smile_o.gif

So yeah it sucks picking the best of all these.   I would recommend all of your sound mod people get together with a group of active duty U.S. Combat Veterans (and Russian, Czech, Polish, etc.. Veterans) to figure out which sounds are the most authentic for an ultimate sound pack.  

smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>