Sign in to follow this  
teacup

Puny animation pack

This is more of an addon aimed at modders rather than players, but I'll just link it here and get it over with.

TCP_AnimPack_v0.1

It contains 4 new animations. Two of them will help you jump or step over small obstacles in the game (yes, even those cursed waist high fences pistols.gifbanghead.gif ). The other two will make you walk like a zombie. Just for funzies..  tounge2.gif

For a quick preview of the animations, just drop the PBO in your AddOns folder, fire up the editor and place out BLUFOR -> TCP_AnimTest -> _TCP_AnimTestSoldier. Start the mission and walk up to a small fence. Stop 30-40 cm in front of it and trigger the salute and sit down actions.

Then place out Civilian  -> TCP_AnimTest -> _TCP_Zombie. Make him walk and run. That's it, hope some of you will like it.

I have not tried it out, but can this be integrated into stock Arma and given its own keyboard key? Lean actions were integrated into Ofp i remember...It would be great to not have to go around those almighty 1 foot tall fences again...

edit: ofcourse this would have to be included in a mod instead of 'stock arma' since otherwise it will crash the server, or if the server has it, then anyone who hasnt got the file. This is an assumption though, as such was the case with lean animations in ofp.

That's brilliant. Kinda "funny" at for the first jump animation, but after watching it a couple times, it's definitely cool. The step over animation is really good.

Finally, we don't have to run fifty yards to hop over a fence. Great job.

How would you integrate this into other units? Via config or script init?

Can we see a video of how the animations look? especially the zombie one since people might be able to put it into a zombie pack!

could you make the zombies slower? and another animation with the arms lowered? but stiff.

man that zombi animation is absolutely awesome ! it should be implemented in all zombi mods out there right now , i've been waiting for this since Arma came out inlove.gif

This is more of an addon aimed at modders rather than players, but I'll just link it here and get it over with.

TCP_AnimPack_v0.1

It contains 4 new animations. Two of them will help you jump or step over small obstacles in the game (yes, even those cursed waist high fences pistols.gifbanghead.gif ). The other two will make you walk like a zombie. Just for funzies..  tounge2.gif

For a quick preview of the animations, just drop the PBO in your AddOns folder, fire up the editor and place out BLUFOR -> TCP_AnimTest -> _TCP_AnimTestSoldier. Start the mission and walk up to a small fence. Stop 30-40 cm in front of it and trigger the salute and sit down actions.

Then place out Civilian  -> TCP_AnimTest -> _TCP_Zombie. Make him walk and run. That's it, hope some of you will like it.

Ive had some ideas about bringing my old zombie mod back from the dead ( tounge2.gif ), i havent checked your animations yet but would it be OK if implemented them? (I may contact you later on PM for further details)

EDIT: Unless you happen to work on your own zombies, i really like the animations btw, and i like the ability to get over those damn fences now. smile_o.gif

Just given this a quick go and I love it biggrin_o.gif

I've always hated not being able to get over tiny fences and now I can, hope this will be done for all soldiers and would it be possible to not have to replace the Salute and Sit down animations with it?

I also made a short video to quickly show the animations.

Replacement coming? Or how it needs to be made so it works all the time smile_o.gif

Great work!

I made a little movie which shows these two new animations of pack.

Now see?

You see this?

This should have been already in Operation Flashpoint.

What's yer excuse BI?

Sleeping late?

Drugs?

This heavy metal hopitty-hops music you young hippies listen to?

How hard was that to implement really? People have been asking for this before I even got pubes!!!

banghead.gif

Now see?

You see this?

This should have been already in Operation Flashpoint.

What's yer excuse BI?

Sleeping late?

Drugs?

This heavy metal hopitty-hops music you young hippies listen to?

How hard was that to implement really? People have been asking for this before I even got pubes!!!

banghead.gif

They just didn't want that in their game. Period.

No need to go the drama way.

Thanks for your time anyway, Mr Troll...

There's many things I'd like to have seen in OFP. I don't throw a tantrum because BI didn't give me exactly the toy I wanted.

OT : Nice addon smile_o.gif

Great addon well done.

Two things would make it even better (imho), firstly, could you add another anim that simulates pulling yourself up then swinging over the 5-6ft walls?

Second, if you could get the a.i to use it as well!

Perfect for Zombies !!! I just love their erratic arms movements. Must be scary in the fog ("Range of Death" Campaign)...

Great job, TCP smile_o.gif I hope to see more of the same kind of addons we see recently (useful ones !wink_o.gif

Thank you

Malick