Sign in to follow this  
Skaven

3rd Version-Skaven's Racs

racsvr3_1.jpg

from the read me...

I present you my Racs Version 3, this version is intended to be a step forward in quality rather than just quantity, changes like all Lods modeled down, merged textures, new sounds (by RobertHammer and tpM), new recoils (by Twisted), better animations, better textures as well as many other things have been introduced, with time you will discover them all.

Some new weapons have also been introduced like the M16A1, XM177e1, M249, Galil AR (just to mention a few) and some have been removed from the previews pack because I feel they didn't match the quality I was expecting them to.

There is also the addition of an ammo box which contains all the weapons and magazines from this addon (some of the new weapons are only available inside the ammobox) and an extension of the High-Dispersion weapons/soldiers to the West side, which means all sides are now covered with 80% of the weapons represented.

List of changes:

New:

- All Lods modeled down.

- All weapons textures merged (1 texture = 1 weapon) in most of the cases, being only two weapons the exception with 2 textures each.

- Geometry added (weapons now make impact when hit by a bullet).

- 7 New weapons (2 of them only available inside the ammobox).

- Small groups added for better use of the F2 key inside the editor.

- Officer Model added.

- Ammobox added (I've used the original Racs's ammobox model to decrease the size of the addon).

- High Dispersion Weapons/Soldiers extended to the West side as well as an increase of the Racs and East weapons (MP5A5, G36c and AKS-74U).

- Captive soldier added to both West and East sides (soldier model used).

- Light MachiGunner class added for both Team 1 and 2.

Improved:

- Soldiers textures (added lots of detail like for example to the pockets and helmets).

- Weapons textures.

- Sounds (100% new by RobertHammer and tpM).

- Recoils (100% new by Twisted).

- Normal Mapping (100% new).

- Animations.

- General code of all the three config files.

- Iron Sights.

- Better and easier to understand Ska_Jam config file for people releasing side projects of this file.

Fixed:

- East RPG soldier had no ammo.

- G3A3 had the wrong name (G3A4).

Download Link below: (mirrors needed)

ArmedAssault.info Mirror :

DOWNLOAD Skaven\'s Racs V3 [51 MB] from FTP#1

BIS-4P Mirror:

http://ofp.4players.de/sys....ateg=14

Armed-Assault Zone Mirror:

http://www.armed-assault-zone.com/news.php?readmore=388

RobertHammer mirror:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/6zik82

... have fun and thank you.

First impression:

weapons look good, but as far as I can see they all have the same bug: the shadow of the weapon shows on the muzzle-flash. Shouldn't be too difficult to fix I think.

I like the M16A1. A good weapon and the sounds are great. I don't like the M16A1M203, but that's just because i'm a realism freak and not because it's low-quality tounge2.gif

The sounds I have mixed feelings about them. The FAL sound is good, the M16 sound great, but the M14, G3, M60 and HK23 sounds I think the older ones were better. What strikes me is that the M16 sounds are much louder and heavier than the M14, G3 and FAL, while the last thee are much heavier weapons. But as you were saying you would release a different soundpack as well, I'll wait and see. And otherwize I'll just crack the pbo's open and take the V2 sounds an put them in the V3 pbo tounge2.gif

Tracers are now for all weapons, even the walther. I don't really like this. Since there is currently not yet a code that allows you to fire a tracer every three or five rounds instead of every round I guess it's better to remove them completely for the rifles. And as far as I know there is no 9mm parabellum tracer round, so the walther shouldn't have tracers.

For the machineguns the tracers are still awesome and I love seeing rounds ricochet off the ground and off vehicles. Definetely the best tracers I've seen so far for ArmA.

Overall an awesome addon!!

I'm still waiting for the mirrors, normally it takes like 1 day to have them so for now it's the best I could do.

Sounds and tracers will change in tpM's JAM version which should be released today/tomorrow, this way you have an option to my taste biggrin_o.gif Later you will probably have more wink_o.gif

Thank you and btw... what about sharing some missions with me? (Even if they ain't perfect they are certainly better than mine) biggrin_o.gif

Edit: ArmedAssault.info mirror added ty da rat

Nice looking Units..i give them a try now wink_o.gif

Greetings-Imutep

(Assault Mission Studio)

Exactly what is the RACS? Is it a some kind of marine? What country are they from?

Exactly what is the RACS? Is it a some kind of marine? What country are they from?

Those Sahrani army ,but Racs are private army /sahrani flag on the arm/ wink_o.gif

Those Sahrani army ,but Racs are private army /sahrani flag on the arm/ wink_o.gif

RACS = Royal Army Corps of Sahrani

I think thats what the abbreviation is for. So they are not private army smile_o.gif .

Aaaah, very clever. biggrin_o.gif

Have you played the campaign in full yet? You should have come across this there. Unless you like many other simply skipped the missions in which this was mentioned wink_o.gif .

These new RACS are great , that recently released M60 goes with them well too. We just need a few more complimentary vehicles and units and we can have the RACS army in forest camo.

Well, I have played a bit of the campaign, although I mainly got the game for the Editor. Unless I'm mistaken, the RACS are the native soldiers of Sahrani? I may be talking bull, but I mean to remember fighting along side them at some point in mission two or so... I also mean to remember the game painting the RACS as largely inefficient on their own?

sweet! didnt think they would be released so soon. smile_o.gif

downloading now , cant wait to give the new weapons a go.

Weapons design so far so good wink_o.gif

Please have a look into growing arma.rpt!

Warning: ska_racs_wp\ska_xm177e1.p3d:0 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 515, 514, 517

Warning: ska_racs_wp\ska_xm177e1.p3d:0 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 507, 505, 514

Warning: ska_racs_wp\ska_xm177e1.p3d:0 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 507, 514, 515

Warning: ska_racs_wp\ska_xm177e1.p3d:0 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 514, 505, 506

Warning: ska_racs_wp\ska_xm177e1.p3d:0 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 514, 506, 516

Warning: ska_racs_wp\ska_xm177e1.p3d:0 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 516, 506, 519....

and so on

Warnings in ska_racs_wp\ska_falscope.p3d:10000

Warning: ska_racs_wp\ska_falscope.p3d:0 Face 0, point 0, face points 0,1,2 - very small normal 0,0,0

Warning: ska_racs_wp\ska_falscope.p3d:0 Face 1, point 1, face points 1,0,2 - very small normal 0,0,0

Warnings in ska_racs_wp\ska_falscope.p3d:11000

Strange convex component ska_racs_wp\ska_falscope.p3d in component01:geometry

Missing axis in model ska_racs_wp\ska_falscope.p3d:0, sel trigger, axis trigger_axis

Missing axis in model ska_racs_wp\ska_falscope.p3d:VIEW_PILOT, sel trigger, axis trigger_axis

etc

about 2 Megs after 5 minutes confused_o.gif

@St!gar you have to read the handbook

and something on armedassault.com will help you too....

and with the weapons from addon maker like skaven - RACS will have a little chance smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Please have a look into growing arma.rpt!

Warning: ska_racs_wp\ska_xm177e1.p3d:0 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 515, 514, 517

Warning: ska_racs_wp\ska_xm177e1.p3d:0 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 507, 505, 514

Warning: ska_racs_wp\ska_xm177e1.p3d:0 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 507, 514, 515

Warning: ska_racs_wp\ska_xm177e1.p3d:0 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 514, 505, 506

Warning: ska_racs_wp\ska_xm177e1.p3d:0 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 514, 506, 516

Warning: ska_racs_wp\ska_xm177e1.p3d:0 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 516, 506, 519....

and so on

Warnings in ska_racs_wp\ska_falscope.p3d:10000

Warning: ska_racs_wp\ska_falscope.p3d:0 Face 0, point 0, face points 0,1,2 - very small normal 0,0,0

Warning: ska_racs_wp\ska_falscope.p3d:0 Face 1, point 1, face points 1,0,2 - very small normal 0,0,0

Warnings in ska_racs_wp\ska_falscope.p3d:11000

Strange convex component ska_racs_wp\ska_falscope.p3d in component01:geometry

Missing axis in model ska_racs_wp\ska_falscope.p3d:0, sel trigger, axis trigger_axis

Missing axis in model ska_racs_wp\ska_falscope.p3d:VIEW_PILOT, sel trigger, axis trigger_axis

etc

I'll have a deep look on this but I gotta be honest, it will be very hard to make the arma.rpt totally clean huh.gif

To all, ty, I'm glad you guys like my work wink_o.gif

Fantastic addon, great work!

Thx for changing the G3's name.

What I don't like is the sound of the G3, so I changed(for personal use only) it on all HK weapons to one I found in a CSS Sound replacement.

ArmA_108_MercsHKk.jpg

Turn the volume up and click the picture for the sound.

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

Sounds/Recoils/Tracers are always a problem, some people like and some don't, but no worries, tpM will release my JAM.pbo file soon with everything changed according to his taste, at least you guys have one option.

If anyone wants to do the same and release a different version of my jam.pbo file, please go for it, the more options the better biggrin_o.gif

ty all wink_o.gif

hahaha, did some coding myself, still had all the old OFP tools on my pc luckily tounge2.gifbiggrin_o.gif Still knew how to do it.

for the desert team I changed the officers weapon the Galil. The soldier, medic, miner ect have the G3. I added an other class of sniper called Marksman who carries the M14.

The the woodland team I did the same, but instead of the G3 I took the FAL obviously.

No matter how much I like the M16A1, I just love the heavy rifles G3/FAL/Galil biggrin_o.gif Hope you don't mind. I also conferted the G3 wav file from Lee to ogg and it now replaced your G3 sound. And I took the M14, HK23 and m60 sounds of V2 and placed them in the V3 pbo. God I love the fact that one can create everything according to your own taste if have some limited knowledge of how things are done smile_o.gif

Soldiers indeed look better now. It's hard to see when you can't do a side by side comparison with the old version, but it looks better now. Good job!

Your rapping my addon you traitor biggrin_o.gif

Now seriously, I left everything simple and clear for people to change as they feel like it (I even gave the texture files the names of the weapons) I've also added comments inside the config files to make it easier for people to understand and learn (for the ones that don't know how to do it).

Personally I think there is nothing like changing things our own way I do the same you do, don't worry wink_o.gif

About the textures, the main differences are the helmets and the pockets, it's something that you don't notice right way but... it's a step towards the upper level wink_o.gif

ok done some testing and im very impressed about the new weapons. smile_o.gif only thing is i would really loved if it had the old jam 3 m16 sound fx when fireing but reload sound is perfect. smile_o.gif

also i think the colt anaconda has a safety animation when fireing every shoot, pretty cool i didnt see ut in any earlier versions. smile_o.gif

also the mac 10 in full auto in CQB is a big joy and then ducking for cover behind a wall to reload is tense! wow_o.gif

only thing missing really is a shotgun cause many weapons are represented so nice in the pack. Also i miss the old m60 sound but maybe i just need to get used to the new a little bit. tounge2.gif

And the snipers are amazing! really gives the racs some nice long range weapons. Im making a mission that i've been working on since v2 and im gonna fix briefing and stuff and ready 2 release.

Quote[/b] ]Im making a mission that i've been working on since v2 and im gonna fix briefing and stuff and ready 2 release.

Yes, finally I will have something worse to play with my boys, ty biggrin_o.gif

For the sounds let's wait of the side versions wink_o.gif

ok now i got the mission fixed up and loaded to go.

Mission thread so you all go and blast 'em opfors down! pistols.gif

oh and yeah try to keep some racs troops alive at the city or the mission is failed.. wink_o.gif

Fantastic addon, great work!

Thx for changing the G3's name.

What I don't like is the sound of the G3, so I changed(for personal use only) it on all HK weapons to one I found in a CSS Sound replacement.

Turn the volume up and click the picture for the sound.

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

Damned good.

That sounds very familiar, even after 16 years out of service.

I request the sound get used as the standard sound for the G3.