Sign in to follow this  
Nicholas

Islamic State (ISIS/ISIL/Daesh) Discussion

German Satirical Show "Die Anstalt" about American political and military interventions in the Middle East and other conflicts in the region. From the coup in Iran in 1953 to today's ISIS.

with english subs:

Great episode. The US has fucked up the middle east so much.... and it always backfires in some way.

( Al Jazeera ) Second Japanese hostage 'beheaded' by ISIL

Addressing Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, the ISIL member in the video said: "Because of your reckless decision to take part in an unwinnable war, this knife will not only slaughter Kenji, but will also carry on and cause carnage wherever your people are found. So let the nightmare for Japan begin."

Great episode. The US has fucked up the middle east so much.... and it always backfires in some way.

I don't see how the US "messed up" the Middle East. It seems that most of the problems over there stem from religious views.

---------- Post added at 21:20 ---------- Previous post was at 21:19 ----------

A big part of disabling ISIS would be to try and cut off money supply. However, it seems no one told US banks, probably banks in other western countries too. http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/isis-funding-routed-through-us-claims-islamic-state-commander-pakistan-1485622

Where money is concerned, banks are the first to turn a blind eye.. US need to jump on this, but of course they won't, its banks after all..:rolleyes:

Do they bank with US companies? How do you know?

I don't see how the US "messed up" the Middle East. It seems that most of the problems over there stem from religious views.

Religious fanatics without money and weapons couldn't do much. A lot of that weapons and money were provided by the US & the USSR ( aka Russia ) during the Cold War.

Tho it's true that nowadays Arabia Saudi and friends for one side and Iran and friends for the other, are also fueling the fire.

---------- Post added at 21:20 ---------- Previous post was at 21:19 ----------

Do they bank with US companies? How do you know?

The Pakistani's got the confession out of a prisoner they caught, much in the same way as the US get information out or their prisoners. Can it be relied on, is the question..;)

Do you want to say the whole situation which we have nowadays and goes back to the beginning of the Oil Age, was just a problem by their "religous" views ?

Do you want to say the whole situation which we have nowadays and goes back to the beginning of the Oil Age, was just a problem by their "religous" views ?

If you look the big pic yes. But it's more deep than simple religions.

Basically is a battle of power and also for the resources. As I said you have in one side the Shia elements ( former Hussein's Iraq, Iran and Syria, that are kind of supported by the USSR/Russia ) and the Sunni elements ( Arabia Saudi & neighbors, that are kind of supported by the US ).

Shia want to get all the Sunni areas, and the Sunni the opposite.

If you look the big pic yes. But it's more deep than simple religions.

Basically is a battle of power and also for the resources. As I said you have in one side the Shia elements ( former Hussein's Iraq, Iran and Syria, that are kind of supported by the USSR/Russia ) and the Sunni elements ( Arabia Saudi & neighbors, that are kind of supported by the US ).

Shia want to get all the Sunni areas, and the Sunni the opposite.

Of course it is more deep than just religion, it was just a fun question. The root of the terrorism did not only start due to radical religous views, another reason is the meddling of foreign powers due to geopolitical interests, ressources and the struggle with communism.

Here seems the best place to post this. Just noticed it whilst looking at something else.

Click Me

Gotta love the Daily Mail...

Yeah, let's forbid A3 mods because terrorists are playing with them. Let's forbid caricatures because terrorists don't like them.

Edited by ProfTournesol

Article said:

However ISIS supporters quickly 'hijacked' the mod and enabled users to play as the jihadis themselves,

So basically they just made the units playable, lol dumbasses, he said enabled, like thats some technical thing we can figure out how to do here, retards,

you can play as either side or any faction, that mod their displaying is The Iraqi Warfare Mod

which imo MEC is more detailed and has more armor that ISIS actually uses, and trucks, not a mod discussion but why does it matter anyways what they do,

why the media gives them the attention they want.

I'm with you ProfT next thing you know their will be a ban sent to BIS to tell them to tell the community to stop creating mods.

Game is worldwide you know, Im sure the majority of us has killed many civilians and allied units ect,. ingame at one time or another, why they make it like its some epic, amazing thing, the community have been doing this stuff since the start before ISIS came into being, so maybe these jerry reporters can call us all terrorists too, as long as its been i think i've committed genocide by now as many as i killed ingame :j:

Its just the Daily Mail, being the Daily Mail, that's all we need to know really.. :rolleyes:

Was only a matter of time before ArmA 3 would be target of media tbh. 'hey look, in this game you can play with real-life armies, real weapons and realistic simulation gameplay. Easy way to train terrorists, let's ban it!'. And then people wonder why BI/BI Sim don't release a commercial, public version of VBS... :p

They have supposedly burned the Jordanian pilot alive in a cage. Supposedly, the video shows (I haven't seen it) him standing in a cage, on a street, doused in an accelerant, with a line of fire moving towards the cage. The fire engulfs the cage and man.

Jordan pilot hostage Moaz al-Kasasbeh 'burned alive' - BBC News

ISIS photos appear to show Jordanian pilot burned alive - CNN

Islamic State video purports to show Jordanian pilot burnt alive - Reuters

U3zeC3y.jpg

Edited by Nicholas

I just saw the video, it's pretty heinous.

Was only a matter of time before ArmA 3 would be target of media tbh. 'hey look, in this game you can play with real-life armies, real weapons and realistic simulation gameplay. Easy way to train terrorists, let's ban it!'. And then people wonder why BI/BI Sim don't release a commercial, public version of VBS... :p
BI had been through this before with the IRA video...

Jordan executes two in response to pilot's slaying - USA Today

Jordan executes prisoners after ISIS hostage burned alive - CNN

Jordan executes two Iraqi militants in response to pilot's death - Reuters

Jordan has executed Sajida al-Rishawi, the Iraqi would-be suicide bomber whose release ISIS had previously requested, and another prisoner, Jordanian government spokesman Mohammad al-Momani told CNN.

The other executed prisoner was Ziad Karbouli, a former top aide to the deceased leader of al Qaeda in Iraq, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, the spokesman said.

Edited by Nicholas

Jordan believe their pilot was killed on January the 3rd. He was a fighter pilot responsible for raining down death terror with powerful weapons and loathed more than snipers and mercenaries. He was never ever going to make it out of there alive. I've watched the video of his execution and it was very, very professionally produced and edited with very powerful propaganda. When the likes of ISIS are selling oil from captured oil fields to finance their operations that is professional and highly a organised organisation. ISIS aren't Taliban tribesmen.. they're special forces, computer experts, war veterans, ex-fighter pilots even. It would be a grave mistake for anyone to underestimate an enemy like ISIS.

I have also, unfortunately, seen the entire video. It's on Fox News. They might have professional video producers, but they certainly aren't professionals when it comes to political/public relations. Propaganda isn't difficult when it comes to inciting fear in civilians. Look at North Korea as a prime example. I will agree that ISIS is well organized. They're not all special forces, computer experts, war veterans, and ex-fighter pilots. There are definitely skilled individuals within ISIS, but not all of them, probably not even half are skilled. They're recruiting anyone and everyone they can, including teens and children. How professional.

The Head of the renowned al-Azhar University in Kairo, the chief centre of Arabic literature and Islamic learning in the world, Grand Imam of al-Azhar Ahmed el-Tayeb has issued that the Koran rules, that all terrorists deserve to be crucified and that their hands should be cut off.

IS managed to really, and I mean really, really seriously piss of a great chunk of the islamic world with that public burning.

I wonder why Fox news would even provide the perfect platform these criminals desire? There is obviously a brain with evil intent at the top end of this monster but of all the combat footage ive seen I've come to the conclusion the the bulk of those fighting on the ground are anything but professional.

Also seen a bit of footage of the Kurdish men and women bravely fighting these thugs toe to toe with limited help from the international community, especially interesting are such comments regarding the Iraqi 'military' getting the lions share of western military aid when Kurds are doing 90% of the fighting against IS, seems no one wants them to become too strong.

Really interesting the political games being played out all around, should be an interesting year.

They're recruiting anyone and everyone they can, including teens and children. How professional.

Sounds like a WW2 repeat of a dying Reich when Hitler had Hitler youth, and old men fighting on the front lines.

IS managed to really, and I mean really, really seriously piss of a great chunk of the islamic world with that public burning.

Good, maybe these "nations" will get off their ass and do something about it, its in their area, why is the west even intervening anyways other then oil, and other interests,

ISIS makes an enemy out of anyone that attacks them.

ISIS makes an enemy out of anyone that attacks them.

Or not. I don't think Japan is attacking IS.

Sounds like a WW2 repeat of a dying Reich when Hitler had Hitler youth, and old men fighting on the front lines.

The Volkssturm was something extreme, created by Goebbles the lunatic during the last steps of the Third Reich ( which BTW was not related directly to the Hitler Youth ).

But child-soldiers are quite common nowadays around the World.

For instance, not so long ago in the heart of Europe:

( Radio Free Europe ) Child Soldiers Of The Balkans

But you just proved the Godwin's law.

Edited by MistyRonin