Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA release candidate build 78473

Animation changes opinions  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Animation changes opinions

• Like the animation changes?
    • Dislike the animation changes? (post which, why please)

is there no way to put the animation change in a beta patch? i really would like to test it by myself, but reinstalling the whole game with Arma2, OA, PMC & BAF to test one change is annoying...

Isn't that what was proposed for the pvp players in the first place? Of course, it would be silly to use a mod because everyone has the same animations and you'd be making yourself slower.

TBH I really cant say much I am gob smacked by this what a disappointment WTF was the point of the poll.

And so the major people who benifit are the PvP players? I don`t under stand why do PvP need faster anims?

Edited by stk2008

I am afraid you (and many users in this community) heavily underestimate what it takes to release a patch...
I do not underestimate what it takes to release a patch, but I thought this topic was created for discussion about (not only) animation changes and to find out what players think about these changes. If more than 75% players don´t like the animation changes, then I think it is better to stay with original values, in my honest opinion and with all respect.

Why keep this thread open if you already stated you're not going to listen to the community?

Please explain

I don`t under stand why do PvP need faster anims this is the impression I get any ways its PvP that voted yes mainly? but what ya gain.

Every one uses the same anim speed.

I dont really understand from under what rock this animation change crawled out so suddenly.

Surely there were always some requests to speed up this or that animation a little but THIS?

Dumping it in a patch the last minute which most likely will be the standard for the next few months without proper testing (and I dont mean testing for bugs here) is just... eewh. :butbut:

The bashing, flaming and bitching stops now!

Either you post your opinions in a mature and constructive way, or you shove it up and get out of the thread.

I hope we can make this happen without too many infractions given. But you know, we have many of them in stock if required.

I cant be botherd to quote it all but

"Originally Posted by Celery View Post

The reason why the pvp scene holds these kinds of improvements (do note that nobody said the sped-up animations are optimal) dear is because when you play against human opponents, even the slightest mistake, clumsiness or glitch often results in disaster, and when the fault resides in the game, it can get extremely frustrating."

WTF why is it the games fault?.

If you play another player and get your self in a position where ya get killed because of A or B then he was obviously smarter than you in that round.

You need to think ahead you cant just start to throw a grenade (that ya have pulled the bloody pin out of) and put it back on yo self and pull your gun out instead because he got closer than YOU THOUGHT

EDIT

*W0lle*

You are right I am sorry.....I will just see what happens from now.............

I am afraid you (and many users in this community) heavily underestimate what it takes to release a patch...

1. So what's the point of this poll? You changed the animations, and after that you ask people, if they would like to have them. Why?

2. Is it really difficult to release the patch later?

all these threats need to stop.

please, stop playing the game and/or moderate me if it will make you feel better.

I will just ADAPT to the changes, and carry on wrecking humans and AI alike. :cool:

Whats the performance like in this one any way?.

hahaha [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy- NC

Upon further testing I see significant improvements, particularly in the campaigns.

I completed From Hell in the Operation Arrowhead campaign for the first time with this patch, as I finally got between 20 and 30 FPS instead of 10 and below like I did before. :p

WTF why is it the games fault?.

If you play another player and get your self in a position where ya get killed because of A or B then he was obviously smarter than you in that round.

You need to think ahead you cant just start to throw a grenade (that ya have pulled the bloody pin out of) and put it back on yo self and pull your gun out instead because he got closer than YOU THOUGHT

The normal (rifle and standing pre-1.58) time to throw a grenade is around 2 seconds. When you have a handgun and you are crouched down, is it not the game's fault that instead of those two seconds, your throwing procedure lasts something like five seconds and on the fourth second your intended target comes around the corner and shoots you before the grenade even starts to fly?

Or when you're crouching behind a cover and there's an enemy expecting you to come out, you can either start moving sideways and switch to standing so that you have immediate control over your movement, or you can stay still and press "stand" so that your guy slowly brings his head to the opponent's sights without letting you move during the animation. Unless you know about the difference and have learned to adjust to it, you will be at a disadvantage. Which brings us to the earlier point I tried to make: learning those quirks is a skill in itself and thus the lackluster animations become a factor in how well you play the game even if they're the same for everyone.

hahaha [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy- NC

Good, for me its better than in previous official patch(did not compared it to latest beta yet).

For me, it would be interesting why it needs such a sudden change of the animation speed? Wasn't able to find any requests on these forums/at CIT that are asking for faster animations in the way like this.

Perhaps, if I would know the background about this (if there is any), it would be more comprehensible for me.

Nice I am looking forward to testing the performance aspect of this version atleast.

oh noes, the geeky tight knitted cliques of the COOP brigade are gonna have to suffer with what they consider to be shite animations.

Welcome to what PvP players have had to put up with for years.

Stop crying and get used to it, like we had too.

COOP brigade

Haha

Stop crying and get used to it, like we had too.

:)

I like animation changes. Maybe it looks no so good like in BF or CoD, but it is better than current (1.57) and now playing PvP / TvT games a bit more pleasantly.

And do not forget about FPS drop in trees!!! ;)

I like animation changes. Maybe it looks no so good like in BF or CoD, but it is better than current (1.57) and now playing PvP / TvT games a bit more pleasantly.
How can you know. I have not yet found a 1.58RC server actually playing any mission.

learning those quirks is a skill in itself and thus the lackluster animations become a factor in how well you play the game even if they're the same for everyone.

Well, for me this is actually part of the fun in ArmA :D

Ok. This thread is becoming completely off topic and out of control.

Point is taken here and we will evaluate what are possible actions we can take on our end.

I am locking this topic until we have further information available.

Our plan atm is:

* to skip update 1.58 release (note that 1.58 will be included with Arma 2: Reinforcements retail expansion with BAF/PMC)

* to organize community testing of several proposed animation changes to be included in 1.59 via beta patches, using forums as focus test group

* release of 1.59 should be on 17th March in any case (even if we have to revert all animations changes and improvements completely)