Sign in to follow this  
wolffy.au

Multi-Session Operations v3.3 is released!

Are there any servers running this on a regular basis, preferrably non-ACE?

If there are it might be a good idea to make a list at the beginning of the thread.

Just do a search for MSO in the mission name - the majority will come up.

There are quite a few public instances around - last I checked there were 16 worldwide.

I think it would be useful to include a mission ending module that allows the mission maker to choose from a set of conditions as the operational goal when satisfied will end the mission as a success? for example, one goal could be something like when 75% of all cached enemy has been killed, it can be considered that the region has reached enough stability and the player side has successfully completed the operation?

Hey Wolffy can you explain the enemypop and zora Modules???

Cos in the Mission Editors Manual i cant find something for populating the island with enemys.

The other thing is the Civil module, with debug mode you can see whats happening and you can see the count for the town. For an example when the flag goes red the count goes higher and higher but when the flag is green the Number is 90% stuck on 0 this means the Civilans are hiding in there homes and nothing happens anymore, this means no civilian aktivity. But why?

If you shoot in Towns at the enemy you get an negative count but the enemy not:confused:

Hey Wolffy can you explain the enemypop and zora Modules???

Enemy Populator - find all the Location Objects on a map (see http://creobellum.org/node/184) and randomly decides to put an enemy group, camp structure and whether they are defending, patrolling or both. Enemy are not spawned until you are within 2 - 2.5km of them, where they are cached, and the uncached at around 1 - 1.5km.

ZORA - Once you leave the base (the BIS_ZORA_x triggers), enemy will spawn a few kms away from you and head in your general direction. If you are unlucky, they will spot you, flank you and beat you up. Its just to ensure you are always on your toes.

The other thing is the Civil module, with debug mode you can see whats happening and you can see the count for the town. For an example when the flag goes red the count goes higher and higher but when the flag is green the Number is 90% stuck on 0 this means the Civilans are hiding in there homes and nothing happens anymore, this means no civilian aktivity. But why?

If you shoot in Towns at the enemy you get an negative count but the enemy not:confused:

The number is the Respect level i.e. anything above zero means they don't like you and they will probably hide in their homes. Zero, will show as Green and they should wander around happily. The only other factor that influences their behaviour is if Guerilla's don't like you, then Civvies won't like you either. Edit the mission, change Guerilla settings and see if it makes a difference.

Edit the mission, change Guerilla settings and see if it makes a difference.

So you mean with the setfriend command??

_type = [["Infantry", "Motorized", "Mechanized", "Armored"],[12,6,3,1]] call CRB_fnc_selectRandomBias;

Are the numbers 12,6,3,1 the chance of spawn????

if i change the last 1 to (for an example) 6 and the 12 to 4 the chance of armored enemy Groups is higher then before?

thnx

Fogu

So you mean with the setfriend command??

Yes

Are the numbers 12,6,3,1 the chance of spawn????

Yes

if i change the last 1 to (for an example) 6 and the 12 to 4 the chance of armored enemy Groups is higher then before?

[4,6,3,6]?

Means (4+6+3+6 = 19), then

4/19 Infantry

6/19 Motorised

3/19 Mechanised

6/19 Armored

Make sense?

yeah many many thnx Wollfy.

my Community really likes your Mission and the Idea behind it, but many members are asking me for more enemys and tanks and stuff.

So to motivate them i give them more enemy tanks and the mission should be up all day long:cool:

i post my Version of the mso when im done:rolleyes:

Ps: Are you planing a Arrowhead version only, its really funny when peoples cant see civilian vehicles(my workaround was to blacklist all arma2 vehicles, but the red tractor is still spawning all the time)

Edited by Fogu

I was/am making a MSO for the island Quesh Kibrul which have no predefined locations.

So I added a lot to initLocations and it works fine. Except, the civilians module; no civilians are spawned. I added about 5-8 CityCenter location objects. I tried enabling debug in the main.sqf in the alice2 folder, and it creates 2 rings around the cities, however, no civilians spawn at all.

I also tried passing a third parameter when I add the cities in initLocations to turn debugging on there, and it correctly marks the locations with custom_loc_1 or something like that.

Silvie works fine though.

top mission ,the thought that has to go into things is immense. take a town, set up defence, steal the cargo containers/fobs. even going on patrol is decent cause u have no idea what is going to happen.

but there is one major flaw in this mission - the fog. me and a few of my squaddies have all had the same experience ,you play for around an hour then we start getting ridiculous amounts of fog ,so much that you cant see 50m infront sometimes and is a complete game breaker. is there anything underlying causes that might glitch the weather system out ?

Are you planing a Arrowhead version only?

Haven't thought about it - I'm assuming your server is running CO? Can you make it run OA and see if it works?

Works fine. Except, the civilians module;

Probably the Factions. Setup townsFactions variable for bis_alice_mainscope with "BIS_TK_CIV" and see if it fixes it.

the fog

Yeah, my fellow clan members have had the same issue. I'll probably add a setting to disable fog in the mission parameters. Rommel believes its a BIS bug.

Probably the Factions. Setup townsFactions variable for bis_alice_mainscope with "BIS_TK_CIV" and see if it fixes it.

Did a search for 'townsFaction' and found this in CA\modules_e\Alice2\data\scripts\main.sqf:

//--- Towns faction
_townsFaction = if (isnil {_logic getvariable "townsFaction"}) then {["BIS_TK_CIV"]} else {_logic getvariable "townsFaction";};
_logic setvariable ["townsFaction",_townsFaction,true];

In modules\civilians\crB_AmbCivSetup.sqf I found:

BIS_alice_mainscope setVariable ["townsFaction",["BIS_TK_CIV","BIS_CIV_special"], true];

These are the only places in the entire mission folder where 'townsFaction' is set. Are both run? Would guess the first one is. Any suggestions?

Haven't thought about it - I'm assuming your server is running CO? Can you make it run OA and see if it works?

Yes the Server is running in CO Modus and i am not the admin so i cant change it.

I can confirm the Fog issues, it is a little bit to mutch:rolleyes:

I can confirm the Fog issues, it is a little bit to mutch:rolleyes:

Bear in mind its completely random - I didn't set it up to blacken you out with fog, you were just unfortunate enough to be hit by a lot of fog in a short time span. :j:

What I might do is lessen the maximum fog and lengthen the shortest time frame to move to new weather, and see if that resolves it. At worst, there is not a disableFog mission parameter.

yeah exactly Wollfy:bounce3:

its like your reading the map and when you go back to game, wush mister fog is surrounding you.

A slowly raising fog would be nice. :cool:

Edit: Im curious about whats behind the Mso terrorist cells Plugin....

Edited by Fogu

I'm currently putting together an Mso op and finding that upon entry, players are booted to the debrief screen after 5 seconds or so; is this due to trying to select the wrong class?

is this due to trying to select the wrong class?

Either they previously selected another class when they joined OR they have ran out of lives, if you are playing with limited lives.

Okay, is there any method by which to disable this certain feature? For our ops we use a few different unit classes in similar 'roles' (for variety in uniform/looks) so it seems a bit silly to limit the player because they selected "lead scout 2" instead of "lead scout 1"

Cheers!

Edited by DaveP

Far as I can tell it's a core part of how nomad works with regards to saving position / loadout / and pretty much everything that makes it 'multi-session'.

I just skimmed the thread and I think this is an awesome concept if played out right!

However, I have one question that kinda buggers me (so far I didn't have the opportunity to try out any MSO-based missions so it might be a stupid one):

Considering the currently provided modules, will MSO missions be restricted to COOP modes by design? Or can they be played out as PvP in theory?

From what I've understood so far in all the current MSO missions you're set up to confront an AI OPFOR... and I'm a bit allergic to fighting against a pure AI force (I think it's not good for your mental health in the long run :)

Ok Ive added objectives to the mso version we're using. It isnt easy and itll kick your servers ass if your running it off of moms laptop but for us the server hovers around 25+ fps.

I used the co8 op streetsweeper objectives and have pmed the original mission maker about it with no response (hasnt been on in 15 or so days either). I made the objectives much less cpu intensive so it should run fine, just dont expect to roll in and win every where you go.

has a teleport system, most weapons, plenty of air support that respawns every 30 mins and so on.

I'm currently waiting on the zombie mod to get straight so I can try and implement them into mso.

youll need

ace and all the fixings

arma2 co

http://www.mediafire.com/?elf9t1pdw4y97s0

edit to the poster above me, Ive been thinking about how we might do this myself but I just waiting on newer versions of mso to really mess with the idea, Its still super new as far as I see it but Wolffy will know better. Lets hope for the best to come for mso.

edit edit: if you watch the server fps and use debug to check enemyunits on the map, at the very beginning youll see that many units are active right from the start, after about 3 to 5 minutes they will decrease. I think stk and others might be experiencing that. The server when it starts needs to catch up real quick, after a bit it should run fine provided people arent flying and driving all over the place in different areas.

Edited by Sleep

@DaveP - the class restriction may not be required but is there to ensure the number of weapon/mag slots stays the same between sessions. Let me know if it causes issues if you remove it.

@daikan - PvP is very possible. I would love to see a 6 clan (3 a side) follow the sun 24x7 PvP covering all timezones. The problem that concerns most is, someone logs on at 4am and trashes everything while no one is there to defend.

@Sleep - excellent work. I'll let you know when I'm about to release 3.4.

Did a search for 'townsFaction' and found this in CA\modules_e\Alice2\data\scripts\main.sqf:

//--- Towns faction
_townsFaction = if (isnil {_logic getvariable "townsFaction"}) then {["BIS_TK_CIV"]} else {_logic getvariable "townsFaction";};
_logic setvariable ["townsFaction",_townsFaction,true];

In modules\civilians\crB_AmbCivSetup.sqf I found:

BIS_alice_mainscope setVariable ["townsFaction",["BIS_TK_CIV","BIS_CIV_special"], true];

These are the only places in the entire mission folder where 'townsFaction' is set. Are both run? Would guess the first one is. Any suggestions?

I think I figured out what the problem is. This is part of alice2_town.fsm:

init = /*%FSM<STATEINIT""">*/"_houselistRaw = _twnpos nearobjects [""House"",_twnSize];" \n
      "_houselist = [];" \n
      "{" \n
      "	_bbox = abs((boundingbox _x select 1) select 0) min abs((boundingbox _x select 1) select 1);" \n
      "	_point = _x selectionposition ""AIspawnpos_0"";" \n
      "	if (_bbox > 3 && _point distance [0,0,0] > 0.1) then {" \n
      "		_houselist = _houselist + [_x]" \n
      "	} else {" \n
      "		_x call BIS_ALICE_fnc_doorCreate;" \n
      "	};" \n
      "	_point = _x selectionposition ""AIdoor1"";" \n
      "	};" \n
      "} foreach _houselistRaw;" \n

None of the houses had any of those (AIspawnpos or AIdoor1). I though bis_alice_fnc_doorcreate created this AIdoorX however, it only creates some kind of container object if these memory positions, AIdoorX, is already defined for the model. Furthermore, since none of them had an AIdoor1 they were not counted as buildings in the civilianCount formula so no civilians were spawned.

I had enabled debugging and noticed a tiny amount of activity at one building. However, I recognized that building as an official BIS building I had seen on Utes.

So I guess there's nothing I can do since it is a issue with the houses on the map. Anyone else making a port might find this information useful.

Can you contact the building model author and ask if they can modify?

Can you contact the building model author and ask if they can modify?

Not sure who made the buildings although I somehow keep thinking they are the same as on isla duala. On the addon thread for the island it does not seem there will be any further releases, so even if the buildings were updated the island would still be using the old: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=91856&page=15

I did for fun try to implement a fall back mechanism since almost all the buildings have buildingPositions. I injected a call into the alice2_town.fsm that create one of those ai 'doors' if all other fails:

"{" \n
      "	_bbox = abs((boundingbox _x select 1) select 0) min abs((boundingbox _x select 1) select 1);" \n
      "	_point = _x selectionposition ""AIspawnpos_0"";" \n
      "	} else {" \n
      "		_x call BIS_ALICE_fnc_doorCreate;" \n
      "	};" \n
      "	_point = _x selectionposition ""AIdoor1"";" \n
      "	} [b]else { if (_bbox > 3) then {if (_x call BackupDoor) then {_houselist = _houselist + [_x];};};};" \n
      "} foreach _houselistRaw;" \n[/b]

If all fails it calls BackupDoor which I made based on the BIS_ALICE_fnc_doorCreate:

//Create door backup
private ["_doordir","_AIdoor","_bld","_doorpos"];
_bld = _this;

_doorpos = _bld buildingPos 0;

if (_doorpos select 0 == 0) exitWith {false};

if (count (_doorpos nearentities ["BIS_alice_emptydoor",1]) == 0) then {
   _doordir = ([_bld,_doorpos] call bis_fnc_dirTo);

_AIdoor = "BIS_alice_emptydoor" createvehicle _doorpos;
   _AIdoor setpos _doorpos;
   _AIdoor setdir _doordir;
   _AIdoor setvariable ["ALICE_obj",_bld];

//_mrk = createMarker [format ["myback_%1", random 99999], _doorpos];
   //_mrk setMarkerShape "ICON";
   //_mrk setMarkerType "Dot";
};
true

This just creates 1 aiDoor on the first buildingPos which usually is at ground level and often right in front of the opening on those houses which have it.

This was mostly experimental and I was very skeptic at first. Almost all of the houses showed up on debug mode now, and there was a very spread population emerging. A couple died on spawning; 1 from falling from a water tower. I then added the bbox > 3 check seen above, then the incidents (deaths) stopped, and on debug mode there was a reasonable spread of houses that were eligible for spawning. Also very few deaths this time, at least as few as with ALICE without the hack (on working maps).

I'm not sure if some of the people spawned inside houses deliberately or unintentional. I did however teleport inside a non-open building with 3 civvies and 1 of them ran away from me out of the house. So I think that's just how ALICE works.

I made a script some time ago that is meant to complete replace the buildingPos functionality with custom-defined house-relative positions. You wander around in a house adding position. These positions are then remembered relative to the house center. However, all of this seems a lot of work to make ALICE compatible with houses, and this current backup solution works adequately (if not, well, actually). I only did it as an experiment because the fms is easily editable in MSO, compared to the actual ALICE addon which would have to be distributed etc.. With some more sanity checks this might a very good replacement for AIdoor requirement.

Hopefully someone with the same problem might find this useful.

EDIT:

You could also try using _doorpos = _bld buildingPos 1; instead of 0. Buildings that have more than 1 buildingPos are more likely to be open I think.

Edited by Muzzleflash

snip.

what are the possibilities of making the enemy ai use that, Id love to see an enemy squad use a building with another patrolling.