Sign in to follow this  
randomslap

Boeing C-17 ArmA 3 Mod

Just to let everyone know, the development of this mod may slow down. I am starting on a new project. What do you guys think about the project, "Credible Sport". ;)

is it Australian ?

No. Credible Sport was a project conducted by the U.S. in 1980.

sorry.. I was joking.. But I read up on the Project and wow.. impressive.. !

SJ

sorry.. I was joking.. But I read up on the Project and wow.. impressive.. !

SJ

Hahaha thanks!

Just to let everyone know, the development of this mod may slow down. I am starting on a new project. What do you guys think about the project, "Credible Sport". ;)

I remember Sakura_Chan was working on such a project with his C130 mod, and there was even a script that attached the rocket launchers on a C130 somewhere in his WIP thread.

I remember Sakura_Chan was working on such a project with his C130 mod, and there was even a script that attached the rocket launchers on a C130 somewhere in his WIP thread.

Actually that script is a reality. I have it in one of my missions, basically it's a one shot use for taking off.

out of interest are you using a different key to sign the new addons? if not then someone could join a keyed server with outdated mod...

If possible please put the IGI load script back into this mod! The current script is bugged to hell and doesn't work properly or at all. If you will not take the current script out or script it then please do a seperate mod (One using IGI and one using whatever you have on now.) The current attach/detach script is killing this mod. thanks

1.When performing para-drop, the "detach cargo" action will always wait for a fixed amount of time(supposedly for the cargo door to transit from fully closed to half-way open position) before actually dropping the cargo even if the cargo door is already opened. This makes it extremely hard to drop cargos at a exact location as you always have to wait a long time after selecting the action before the cargos are actually dropped.

Suggestion: add script to detect current cargo door status when performing "detach cargo" action: if cargo door is already opened, then perform para-drop sequence immediately; otherwise wait for cargo door to open first, then do para-drop.

2.When para-dropped vehicles land they'll sink into the ground and then fly up in the air causing the vehicles to be destroyed or heavily damaged and some crews to be killed.

Edited by cym104

Bug report: When I use the boost key it affects all the vehicles... Funny sometimes tought :P basically I can drive in a HEMTT at 200 Km/H or more.

1.When performing para-drop, the "detach cargo" action will always wait for a fixed amount of time(supposedly for the cargo door to transit from fully closed to half-way open position) before actually dropping the cargo even if the cargo door is already opened. This makes it extremely hard to drop cargos at a exact location as you always have to wait a long time after selecting the action before the cargos are actually dropped.

Suggestion: add script to detect current cargo door status when performing "detach cargo" action: if cargo door is already opened, then perform para-drop sequence immediately; otherwise wait for cargo door to open first, then do para-drop.

2.When para-dropped vehicles land they'll sink into the ground and then fly up in the air causing the vehicles to be destroyed or heavily damaged and some crews to be killed.

Problem is is that I am not very good at creating sqf files. So I may need someone to create one for me.

Might there be something to add in the init line currently to have it/them spawn with their cargo door open at mission start?

Problem is is that I am not very good at creating sqf files. So I may need someone to create one for me.

Very simple fix. Put the igi load script back in and allow it to load marshallsand hemtts. The script works great and its not a lot of headache and work. My clan may end up using your V1.8 because it has the IGI load script and not that messy and bugged attach/detach script. That will save you a lot of work and will make mostly everyone happier. If you don't want to then atleas do 2 seperate mods with the 2 seperate loading methods. The current version of the script is virtually unusable. But the mod is fantastic!! Just change the script back. You WILL get more downloads and people using it!

hi ! good job !

I have a problem, when i put a IA in pilot and i say it to Landgear Up with the Action it's doesn't work :/

init of my pilot : this action ["LandGearUp", C17g];

Any idea ?

Very simple fix. Put the igi load script back in and allow it to load marshallsand hemtts. The script works great and its not a lot of headache and work. My clan may end up using your V1.8 because it has the IGI load script and not that messy and bugged attach/detach script. That will save you a lot of work and will make mostly everyone happier. If you don't want to then atleas do 2 seperate mods with the 2 seperate loading methods. The current version of the script is virtually unusable. But the mod is fantastic!! Just change the script back. You WILL get more downloads and people using it!

You should to make missions that contains Igiload Script.

To contain Igiload script will cause a lot of problem, and I hate them.

i post to mcc threat for a problem with c17 spawn

That happened in VVS also but author of C17 Doesn't know what to do.. i think Shy or Tonic can help this

... after a few tests i can tell that the problem is only on altis island because on stratis it seems working ....

placing of c17 from the editor it gives you only those errors (without any other problems

Warning: Convex component representing ngear not found

Warning: Convex component representing lgear not found

Warning: Convex component representing rgear not found

In Vehicle: globemaster_c17\globemaster_c17.p3d missing driver get in direction point

In Vehicle: globemaster_c17\globemaster_c17.p3d missing driver get in direction point

Error: bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/globemaster_c17/Turrets/MainTurret/: Turret body mainTurret not found while initializing the model globemaster_c17\globemaster_c17.p3d

Error: bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/globemaster_c17/Turrets/MainTurret/: Turret gun mainGun not found while initializing the model globemaster_c17\globemaster_c17.p3d

In Vehicle: globemaster_c17\globemaster_c17.p3d missing gunner get in direction point

In Vehicle: globemaster_c17\globemaster_c17.p3d missing gunner get in direction point

globemaster_c17\c17_wreck.p3d: vehicle, config class missing

on altis with the mcc 3d editor if you spawn the c17 (wait about 1-2 minutes , and then you get CTD with this

Mods: @C17A3

Distribution: 0

Version 1.14.116248

Fault time: 2014/04/01 15:20:44

Fault address: 007EEFAF 01:003EDFAF C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe

file:

world: Altis

Prev. code bytes: 00 0F 84 D6 01 00 00 8B 80 B8 00 00 00 8B 48 04

Fault code bytes: 8B 11 8B 82 D4 00 00 00 56 FF D0 8B 74 24 44 F3

Registers:

EAX:55BC0E68 EBX:00000001

ECX:00000000 EDX:01E5F708

ESI:55B906E4 EDI:55B906E4

CS:EIP:001B:007EEFAF

SS:ESP:0023:01E5F6A4 EBP:55B90400

DS:0023 ES:0023 FS:003B GS:0000

Flags:00010202

i think that is graphics problem (check the res of your skin...)

i hope that may helps somehow.....

btw great work mate ! ;)

You should to make missions that contains Igiload Script.

To contain Igiload script will cause a lot of problem, and I hate them.

I believe 2 seperate mods with the 2 scripts would be a much better idea. Just about every community uses the IGI load script for its simplicity and it just plain works. would cause much less headaches because in my personal testing the current script it bugs out really bad for drops, destroys the cargo, stops the plane mid air, and sends the cargo flying off into space.

This si my HALO script With your C17 !

I just need to up the landgear but With action this si not work

i post to mcc threat for a problem with c17 spawn

... after a few tests i can tell that the problem is only on altis island because on stratis it seems working ....

placing of c17 from the editor it gives you only those errors (without any other problems

on altis with the mcc 3d editor if you spawn the c17 (wait about 1-2 minutes , and then you get CTD with this

i think that is graphics problem (check the res of your skin...)

i hope that may helps somehow.....

btw great work mate ! ;)

Ok thank you for sharing these errors. I am currently working on a different project. I will try my best to fix this ASAP.

---------- Post added at 16:13 ---------- Previous post was at 16:11 ----------

I just need to up the landgear but With action this si not work

Hey sorry that I haven't messaged you back yet. I am busy at the moment, and I am unable to investigate the landing gear issue that you are having with your HALO script. After watching this video, I am impressed. Thank you for creating this script and I will try my best to find out the landing gear thing.

Hi. Great Mod. Definitely the best experience with flying in Arma3.

I wanted to ask if I am allowed to attach the logo of my clan on one of the c17s. I am new to the Arma world and wasn't sure about the rights and stuff. And for that I would need the memorypoints, is it possible to get them.

Thx.

I would have thought that it was just a matter of finding the named selection on the model...?

Thx you i think i found the problem, in your mod you have put a condition for the addaction landgear and my script use static c17. If you CAN put animate like the ramp ?

Edited by pokertour

I just need to up the landgear but With action this

Question. Is this halo mod give us parashute automatically when we jump out from aircraft.

No i will add an addaction to get your Parachute in the aircraft.