Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

Looking good!

The last img reminds me of F16 ( which is a good thing ). Now only if they came with afterburner too, that would be something. ( ok and cluster bombs ;) )

Could that be based on a Yak-130? :)

Also, here's another shot of the splendid new Zubr and here's one of the new BluFor pistol. These pictures are from caiden and zannaza from the arma3life mod.

Edited by PurePassion
Aaah, c'est la vie

Cockpit is different.

Yak-130 / M346 are great planes though, happy for this choice.

Yay!

yak 30 it is, good heads up. Liking it is a two seater as well :)

For what it's worth it turns out that the Russian Air Force actually turned down the Yak-131 (a dedicated attack variant of the Yak-130) in favor of the Su-25SM upgrade, but apparently Irkut is moving ahead anyway with developing an attack variant anyway (not sure if it's separate from or just continuing to develop the Yak-131).

yak 30 it is, good heads up. Liking it is a two seater as well :)

? I don't see that?

On the good side of things, AM is seriously thinking about a CAS variant of the M346. Remember M346 and Yak-130 are basically the same plane.

I'm afraid we're going off topic here though.

Yay!

Sort of a blend: it even has some F18 elements.

Yay!

Really? This is the best CAS aircraft you can come up with? That greenfor has to fly around in a small converted trainer I can understand, but your basically going to give the same fly of an aircraft to CSAT?

What, SU25 or 34 too mainstream?

... pretty much? I mean, Maruk's public reasoning for the release of the Arma 2 model sources ("upgrading the Arma 2 massive content library to Arma 3 standards is beyond what we can do in reasonable time") basically ruled out both of them. :p

That, and as I brought up in the CAS speculation thread, converted trainers and turboprops are more the trend these days than "A-10/Su-25 style" (even if the US and Russian Air Forces keep relying on those two -- you know, minus the Air Force trying to get rid of the A-10).

Really? This is the best CAS aircraft you can come up with? That greenfor has to fly around in a small converted trainer I can understand, but your basically going to give the same fly of an aircraft to CSAT?

Converted trainer != bad CAS aircraft.

Su25 is already old now, let alone in 2035. Su34 is not a CAS plane, it's a Strike plane.

Yay!

So is it a fictional aircraft? Or is it a real aircraft like I would like?

Seeing as it's a "concept render", without an official version or at least a clearer (read: sharper) image we really can't tell.

Really? This is the best CAS aircraft you can come up with?

Well... You don't see the problem with that?

Either way, the exact model and capabilities of this aircraft are yet to be identified, so please don't jump to conclusions. :)

If it's a FA-50/Yak-130 hybrid aesthetically that's one thing, but you pulling the T-50/FA-50 angle into it makes me curious about just what this CSAT jet will be able to do in air-to-air, considering that at last check there's a single Buzzard that just has two different weapon loadouts...

If it's a FA-50/Yak-130 hybrid aesthetically that's one thing, but you pulling the T-50/FA-50 angle into it makes me curious about just what this CSAT jet will be able to do in air-to-air, considering that at last check there's a single Buzzard that just has two different weapon loadouts...

Later they might add a AA variant of the Buzzard - btw loadout of the YAK-130 > http://www.redstar.gr/Foto_red/Aircraft/Yak_130/Yak_130_Arma1.jpg