Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

You mean British :)

To go with the overall theme of A3, the bristish are a fictional faction within the NATO side. :cool:

Anyway, besides the camo pattern, the chest rig is also different or the game looks like that on higher settings? #HD4830 :(

The camo on the british uniform, wasnt that the first camo on the Ghosthawk?

Looks like it.

An other thing, it's the swimmer with the multicam, he wears palms.

Right now it's impossible to have those without a swimming-suit (right)?

The camo on the british uniform, wasnt that the first camo on the Ghosthawk?

yeah, wtf is up with that splinter camo. Would look awesome on the Ghosthawk though (there's screens of it in the TTP3 guide, so that must have maybe been a UK Ghosthawk).

Canton-Protocol Strategic Alliance Treaty.

Yes, and the name Canton suggests Chinese involvement (again, why couldn't they have just gone with SCO).

Yes, and the name Canton suggests Chinese involvement (again, why couldn't they have just gone with SCO).

Chinese, who speak Farci language? ;)

Chinese, who speak Farsi language? ;)

Corrected the word Farsi for you, and no. The guys in-game are Iranian. But their faction, and the Treaty, was signed in Canton. That's in China.

Corrected the word Farsi for you, and no. The guys in-game are Iranian. But their faction, and the Treaty, was signed in Canton. That's in China.

yeah, typo. I see what you mean then. But let us the campaign, explain things.

yeah, typo. I see what you mean then. But let us the campaign, explain things.

Well, this first one won't be that interesting story-wise I don't think because it looks like it'll be on Stratis (not the center of Iranian/CSAT operations). The second one will involve Altis, and then we'll start seeing some of what they are doing there (weapons development).

An other thing, it's the swimmer with the multicam, he wears palms.

Right now it's impossible to have those without a swimming-suit (right)?

That's right. Excited to see this!

Hella excited for the new vehicles, especially the CAS (Great to see a Varient similar to the YAK-131 dedicated Multirole Fight/Attack platform), the new DMR for Opfor as well, possibly a shotty or M-25 Airburst... Kinda curious as to how that works. Auto range? The Campaign, while in early stages, i can't wait to see how it runs.

Hmm, I actually wonder if this shot is a hint at a new medic system, or just a cutscene ?

Hmm, I actually wonder if this shot is a hint at a new medic system, or just a cutscene ?

It would be very cruel if it was not hinting for a new medical system :D

Infantry showcase isn't the same thing of that shot? :j:

Don't create expectations, we all know where it all ends.

It does mention new animations with the campaign so don't get too excited about new medical system.

Yeah I know, but showing a screenshot of a guy reanimating an unconcious soldier with the first arma3 DLC anouncement (after 6 months of endless complaining about the med system), and then not improving the medical system would take trolling to a whole new level :P But like usual I'm not going to get my hopes up too much.

Infantry showcase isn't the same thing of that shot? :j:

Don't create expectations, we all know where it all ends.

Nope, I don't recall the flipped jeep in Infantry Showcase.

Yay!

Nope, I don't recall the flipped jeep in Infantry Showcase.

Yay!

I mean the healing thing animation and situation in general.

While I think they will improve the medical system, don't think is now. But I would love to be wrong.

Damn you BIS!

I think at most it is part of something like the first-aid module in arma 2 campaign. They did say the DLC would introduce new modules... or BIS are just being very very very cruel. Showing that picture after all the complaints about the current medical system and then not delivering anything. That is cold.

I'm actually pretty excited to see how the campaign turns out. The last campaigns I have never finished because they always broke at some point or another. A3 in general seems to be more polished and I have seen some really good user made content - I hope that BIS can match up.

I'm worried, considering in the Infantry Showcase the medic is doing the same on the dead Jackson, who was scouting at the rocks.

Damn you BIS!

I think at most it is part of something like the first-aid module in arma 2 campaign. They did say the DLC would introduce new modules... or BIS are just being very very very cruel. Showing that picture after all the complaints about the current medical system and then not delivering anything. That is cold.

I'm actually pretty excited to see how the campaign turns out. The last campaigns I have never finished because they always broke at some point or another. A3 in general seems to be more polished and I have seen some really good user made content - I hope that BIS can match up.

I thought they removed the arma 2 scripted solution for a quick fox medical system so that they could take the time to make a better medical system? Now they hint at copying it back from arma 2? Lol, they be trolling us.

Well I don't keep up with the news much, but I assumed that the first aid module in A2 was originally developed for the campaign but also included as a module for mission designers to access. Then when A3 came out it didn't pass the quality testing (it was pretty buggy I found) so they took it out so completely - their motto in A3 seems to be if it isn't up to scratch it is scrapped (until it is fixed that is).

Now I am guessing/hoping that maybe for the A3 campaign they have created/updated a first aid module that does pass QA and are going to give it to us as a module for mission designers to use as well just as they did in A2.

But as Kilroy points out, they also had Jackson being healed in the infantry showcase so really the pic doesn't mean anything. But it would be particularly trollish/insensitive after all the complaints about the medical system after release. Anyway guess we'll find out October 31, something to look forward to.

The hunter makes me think its staged (cutscene \ scripted scene - like the infantry showcase). Vehicles don't just end up like that in ArmA.

Edited by goldenfiver