Sign in to follow this  
tpM

Dynamic Sound System RC1

Speaking of others making the custom maps compatible with this, how would one accomplish that?

I know you can use echo objects in the editor but that needs to be done for each mission and i guess isnt the 'official' way of making a map work with it?

Maybe someone else (or maybe even me) could help with a bit of a tutorial on how to get maps to work?

I'll post a tutorial about that soon.

I'll post a tutorial about that soon.

please do! the only reason i am keeping OA installed is to eventually use this mod+ACE on the new maps, haha.

This MOD is really a must-have, it's incredible how it increases the immersion feeling...

My only grip is about the performance issue, I hope this would be figured out within further versions...

Keep it up. Waiting for the tutorial here too.

Regards,

TB

Okay, so Creating "Echo Map" for HARCP' DSS (3D editor experience recommended):

First, install this .pbo (put it into your HARCP\Addons folder).

Now start HARCP and from the main menu press Alt + E (3D editor) and select the desired island. For testing purposes: press F10 place a Center on the map, then a group (F2) and a unit (F1). From now on you can start placing the echo zones: F5 -> Echoes -> select echo. In the echos "Init expression" field the following parameter must be given:

[this, 2,10] call CBA_fnc_setHeight ;

Only change the 2nd value (10) in it (if needed). Thats the height of the zone. The system works so it only gives echo if you are under the zone. Now you can start placing the zones, but keep in mind that in 3D Editor you need to save to "update" the map, so if you move a zone to another place you'll need to save the "mission" to have the zones place updated. For rocky areas you can add "village" echo, for a generic echo just place "hill" echo. Indoor echoes are a different story, handled by a seperate algorhytm, so you guys need to place the outdoor ones only. :)

After an island is done, save the "mission" and send it to us by mail or attach it in a ticket at our issue tracker so we can put it into the next update.

I hope its understandable.

Thanks.

I'm looking at trying to add a few if i can get it working ok, how will I know which maps have already been sent in by users.

Great way to get a nice list of maps added by the way.

Edit to above

I'm getting the message "dss not supported with this island" when i try to add echos to Sahrani map.

Also is there a way to increase the echo size, or do i have to cover the entire map with those little echo circles?

Hope the pictures explain a bit better.

my settings

Edited by Bigpickle
adding explanation

Yes, that msg is normal, and yes, you have to use those "small" 100m r circles. (make those pics > 100 before a moderator arrives :P)

Seems to be a very tedious and CPU intensive method ... maybe i´m just hallucinating again, but would´nt the ACRE approach (and i dont really know what their magic is is) be aswell suitable for HARCP?

Damn! This looks incredibly promising and kicks ass! Really wish I had access to my PC. :(

Seems to be a very tedious and CPU intensive method ... maybe i´m just hallucinating again, but would´nt the ACRE approach (and i dont really know what their magic is is) be aswell suitable for HARCP?

No idea...

ACRE approach won't fit here because the Dynamic Sound System MOD takes into account the SFX inside buildings, houses and there is no way to include the "calculation system" used within ACRE, which considers buildings as objects. (just like trees)

Regards,

TB

ACRE approach won't fit here because the Dynamic Sound System MOD takes into account the SFX inside buildings, houses and there is no way to include the "calculation system" used within ACRE, which considers buildings as objects. (just like trees)

Makes me wonder how ACE1 mod made AT backblast kill others while fired in houses .. but then again, i´m simply clueless about scripting. Just pointing out some possibilitys :turn:

Haven't tested this feature specifically yet... And with no idea how Ace did that but let me guess :

- They test if the soldier firing the rocket [is inside a room] && There are alive units inside the room too

if yes then Boom, all others being there are dead.

else

nothing happens.

else if the soldier firing the rocket [is inside a building] (Like a Hangar...)

if yes, then boom, all those behind the AT soldier are dead. But not those not being behind.

else

nothing happens.

Now, the question is: if this is true, how ACE coders have done to distinguish between a room and a building? - Is there a specific predefined function made by BIS which they have used or did it require some extra-scripting?

Will download ACE to get a look at it.

Regards,

TB

Edited by Thunderbird

They made some smart scripts based on boundingBox

If you're running ACE you can use Rocko's function like this:

_test = [_unit,2.5] call ace_sys_backblast_fnc_building

If I read the function correctly it will return true if unit is in a building and less than 2.5m away from a wall (give or take) for the above example.

Edited by Robalo_AS

The problem is that its need to be really fast (max 0.1 sec) so the echo "builds" straight into the firing sound.

Still expecting a version supporting the 3 maps in OA and 5 maps in CAA1 and several famous maps by 3rd parties, such as Duala, Everon, FDF_Podagorsk,Thirsk, Namalsk....

If I could actually figure out how to get this mod working online or with custom characters. Now one of you tech guys had helped me with the custom character, but for some reason the game doesn't load the main file [ace_sys_dss] and in which is used to justify where a shot is being fired apparently. And the same thing for online play also, it is a strange aspect of the mod. So perhaps if I am just shooting on a foot hill or outside in city or town... it wont make a sound. But inside the woods or a house it seems to work fine, only around open areas it seems to fail. But anyways, I am using JSRS + HARCP together to cover it up.

Still expecting a version supporting the 3 maps in OA and 5 maps in CAA1 and several famous maps by 3rd parties, such as Duala, Everon, FDF_Podagorsk,Thirsk, Namalsk....

You'd better get cracking then Lao Fei Mao!

Hi TPM, Great mod really adds to the immersion.

I have a question and am wondering, if the mod makes and existing sound echo

then how does a weapon I know of for example before the mod make the sound it

does from the player's point of view, and distort it and make the gun sound like

something different, like a new sound mod has replaced the sounds.

There was a gun in arm2 I thout was real cool and Im useing the HiFi sound mod, the

gun is the mk mod 12 i think, its a machine gun, looks like a saw on steroids, and has a

hard sound to it, but when I have HARCP running the gun makes a an odd sound like its

shooting air, like a tearing sound real fast, hard to explain, any idea of whats going on there?

I thought that when you shoot your gun no matter the sound mod that the sound from the

gun is basically echoed in the terrain and environment, which it does but on many cases its

seems the original sound (useing sound mod) is now changed to a new softer, air, and tearing like sound.

I also have the mod on my Arma 2 server and it does the same thing.

Does anyone get CBA credits coming up with this mod, and then sometimes a HARCP.system or something error?

For a sec there hope flared up, thinking there was an update to this :(

Sorry, cant help you mate, doesnt sound familiar.