Sign in to follow this  
echo_2-7

DLC- What do YOU want?

I would pay for a like of:"STEEL BEASTS Pro PE" tank (and other war vehicles)working interiors and functions/views/functionnality.

I m not a "tank"guy..but i love to have a "Full war simulation" suite

add sweden too .. and they can drive around in friendly looking cars, and hand out teddybears ..

3D editor, and firing out of vehicles. No thanks to weapons/units/vehicles, because eventually someone will mod them in if there is proper demand.

Please no DLC (in its usual meaning)

Getting a different camo for the weapon for $5 was the most retarded thing moneybags came up with in gaming industry. And certainly no tanks, armies and stuff for 1/5-1/4 price of the game.

Free DLC: Desert USMC, Desert Russia, Woodland US Army and no bugs

Paid DLC: British Armed Forces (Desert and Woodland)

64-bit version that utilizes the maximum amount of RAM possible. :D

Yes, I would pay for this if BIS doesn't think it's cost-effective enough to make for free.

64-bit version that utilizes the maximum amount of RAM possible. :D

Yes, I would pay for this if BIS doesn't think it's cost-effective enough to make for free.

It would indeed be nice if ArmA could utilize my 8GB of ram.

Mi 28 Havoc, A or N version dont really care

A damm RPD!!!!

I would like to see the following if BIS were to release DLC:

- British units (infantry, air, armored, etc.)

- A British campaign. They hint at one in the opening cutscene.

- More US (infantry and spec-ops) missions

- Missions that actually include Czech, US, German, and British Forces in a combined operation

I dream...

Edited by tsb247
more content!

I'd also like to see the M109A6 for the US Army and Marines and 2S19for Russia.

I don't care about any units nor Islands/Maps/Missions/Campaign - community makes the best ones of them anyway, however i would definitely buy engine updates, and i mean MAJOR changes, Major+minor Overhauls, getting rid of all these 100s of design-flaws and half-hearted realized features + if all of them could be modded with either config aad/or scripting.

For that i would even pay 100s of Euros.... But for just some simple units, hell no. :rolleyes:

He has a point... I vote for BIS spending more time on a large patch rather than on a bunch of little DLC's so that Arma 2 would be perfected. DLC can be made by anyone; patches, not so much.

id glady pay for dlc that included stuff the comminity cant do or make. maybe more animation controllers. or physx. update vehicle simulation so the wheels propel the vehicle instead of magically sliding across the terrain while the wheels spin at the incorrect speed

Edited by rstratton

Lets see...

-a working 3D editor

-MP re-spawn module (BIS take a look at Norrins respawn)

-better MP support for existing modules (most stop working when you re-spawn)

-shoot from vehicles

-change scopes,lights etc on all weapons

-better CQB , AI needs to use the buildings all floors , windows etc. It is sad when AI will stand in the middle of the road when under fire and an open building is right beside them.

I can probably think of more but this would be a very good start

Nomadd

Actually reading through this thread now where quite a noticeable number of people ask themselves to pay for something that Bohemia was releasing for free for previous games - it makes me RAGE. I can't understand how people can seriously ask out of their free will for ArmA2 to be turned into something as bad as Sims or WoW with their $25 textureless horses and furniture.

This thread is all that is wrong with gaming today.

I would pay for British units and a British campaign modelled on 3 Para's tour in Helmand Province.

Actually reading through this thread now where quite a noticeable number of people ask themselves to pay for something that Bohemia was releasing for free for previous games - it makes me RAGE. I can't understand how people can seriously ask out of their free will for ArmA2 to be turned into something as bad as Sims or WoW with their $25 textureless horses and furniture.

This thread is all that is wrong with gaming today.

Games companies (and their publishers) have exploited Gamers on many occasions in regards to DLC. However - I can think of few occasions where it has worked.

Fallout 3 is one such example - Point Lookout especially is fantastic and shows the manner in which games companies could add value to their product and gain acclaim at the same time.

However the one example which really angers me is of Creative Assembly. They released both Napoleon Total War and Empire Total War unfinished with a chronic lack of unit differentiation so they could release DLC. This has obviously been pushed on them by the publisher, and really sums up what is wrong with the Industry at the moment.

On the other hand, I think we should give BI a chance. I believe they will not sell out to the community and start ripping us off. At the end of the day most people here would not be out of sorts paying a fiver for some extra content - be it a campaign, more units or engine changes. If BI do release sub-standard DLC we will look straight to the modders and as such it will not sell.

Rather than the vehicles which are generally just knock offs of widely used US equipment, already in game. <- That might be controversial. : )

MWMIK Jackal
WMIK Landrover
Ocelot/Supacat SPV400 (Snatch replacement contenders).
Mastiff 2
Challenger 2 TES
Warrior IFV
Warthog
Panther CLV
Scimitar
Bulldog APC
Future Rapid Effects System (FRES)
FRES-SV (Scout Variant)

Plus many more...

I guess you can tell, I'd like to see the British Armed Forces (all three branches).

MWMIK Jackal
WMIK Landrover
Ocelot/Supacat SPV400 (Snatch replacement contenders).
Mastiff 2
Challenger 2 TES
Warrior IFV
Warthog
Panther CLV
Scimitar
Bulldog APC
Future Rapid Effects System (FRES)
FRES-SV (Scout Variant)

Plus many more...

I guess you can tell, I'd like to see the British Armed Forces (all three branches).

The community is doing about 75% of those items i believe. You can bet that the ones the community teams/guys are doing will be more realistic than the BIS UK pack.

Yes but most of those vehicles are now designed/modified with IED threats in minds. I'd love to see BIS implement some form of better damage system rather than hitpoints. Also the ability to plant IEDs in the tops of door frames, sides of walls and in portable objects (i.e. wheelbarrows, and yes this has been used to effect before, sadly).

A better medical system is something I'd also like to see. The Coalition in Afghanistan and Iraq put an absolutely huge emphasis on extracting casualties whether they be military, civilian or enemy. For instance Stage 1: Secure the casualty and administer basic combat medicine at the scene then extract by land or air to a main base for advanced surgery. Not having to do the advanced medicine but things like tourniquets and chest compressions would add far more to the immersion of the game than *First Aid* and one minute later the guy's running about like Linford Christie.

If BIS is going for the MilSim arena and basing the game on the current theatre's of operation then medical care needs to be taken a good look at as well as IEDs and just how deadly they really are.

heres the thing. We JUST invaded Takistan. If we follow Iraq/Afghanistan, it would be atleast 6 months before IEDs really show up in force in Takistan. Maybe with DLC we will see a campaign thats 6 months/a year after the invasion, that has IEDs, but i REALLY don't wanna see any in the current timeframe.

I would pay for an artillery module that provided advanced artillery system and pieces including towed, manpacked and mobile units from many nations. Towed would have to have the ability to limber/unlimber from the towing vehicle and take on their towed configuration. I enjoy the r3f arty system so a module close to this. Pieces from 81mm to 155mm would be nice

Three things:

1. New environments (and associated units) - My hopes include realistic and optimized jungle, modern sprawling city, and an engaging sci-fi locale.

2. Fully enterable / destructible building pack (hopefully quite versatile so the assets will apply to numerous user-created terrains. OA's buildings, while great, are unfortunatley very terrain-specific)

Most importantly:

3. Robust story-driven campaign full of deep characters and immersive cut-scenes on par with original OFP. Any setting, just give me that "Wow!!!" factor that original OFP and Resistance delivered. We've been waiting patiently for this since 2001... :)

I'd love a 2nd Chechen war pack, just so I can play Russia as BLUFOR, in a campaign. Or something along the lines, where Russia is in a woodland/urban area, fighting insurgents.

Well, if you own Arma 2 and OA, you could set the Russians to BLUFOR by changing their side in the mission.sqm file to WEST instead of EAST, and you could use the ChDKZ for the insurgents and perhaps use the new OA Arabian-looking faces to create some Chechens. Then use Elektrozavodsk or Chernogorsk or what have you for a woodland/urban area and voila, Chechen fighting. :p

I do agree, though. A Chechen War pack for DLC would be pretty cool.