Sign in to follow this  
pauliesss

New beta 71900 is up!(OA)

What cpu u got mate? i game at the ame res on a 260gtx and my fps dips between 20-50 with mosts ettings on normal and a few on high.

Whats your PP and 3d res settings? Got SSAO on? im debating whether i would see a massive boost over my 260gtx with a 480gtx

I have an overclocked Q9550 at 3.6gig.I have PP disabled as I do not like the effects and everything else on very high.Its the dang memory texture stutter that ruins it for me.

Wolfstriked: with that CPU...I would say its clearly the game and engine optimization problem. :)

+1 I noticed this too. I really hope it's fixed because right now it's REALLY annoying to command units in first-person

Yeah it's beyond terrible. It was perfect in AA2. At least make an option to choose whether to use cursor this way or glue it to the center of the screen

That just sucks!I purchased the cpu and video card as upgrade just for Arm2...and SSD drive and more ram to boot.I was just as happy playing Arma2 before my upgrade with reduced graphics....it stuttered just the same now with nicer graphics.:confused:

Damn straight. I'd like to see the aiming deadzone sensitivity restored to what it was in ArmA 2 pre-OA.

Also note that it is now very difficult for us deadzone-using people to place units in certain areas because it's so damn hard to turn around with the mouse and the command cursor is no longer linked to where the weapon is pointing.

Cole, is there a ticket open for this?

There is now, thanks to MulleDK19. Please vote.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11694

Damn straight. I'd like to see the aiming deadzone sensitivity restored to what it was in ArmA 2 pre-OA.

Also note that it is now very difficult for us deadzone-using people to place units in certain areas because it's so damn hard to turn around with the mouse and the command cursor is no longer linked to where the weapon is pointing.

Cole, is there a ticket open for this?

Just change to free look (double Alt) for precise commands.

Suma's commented on the CIT that it's been changed back for the next beta.

I really hope they intend to make the 'erronious' model a menu option at some point (soon) in the future. It made issuing commands so much more immersive and intuitive in first person view for people who use headtracking.

Get more stutter, fps drops and overall its unstable with OA than with latest A2 version (same settings). :confused:

- Some roads seem to have no link or connection - AI stops and after 4-8 seconds they are steering and moving on.

- missing/wrong picture for rifle grenade:

Warning Message: Picture \ca\weapons\data\equip\m_40mmhpred_ca.paa not found
-Loading screen (OA+A2) gives another warning:
Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: kia_uaz_cargo02

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 1)! MoveName: uaz_cargo02

Just change to free look (double Alt) for precise commands.

This tends to make it difficult to run, command and gun straight after - if the previous system wasn't broken, no reason to screw the pooch now.

In any case, it seems it has been fixed in the upcoming beta:

This was introduced unintentionally when implementing muzzle climb after recoil.

Fixed in OA 719116 (the behaviour should be identical to what was before).

Cameron - where did you see that? I wonder if that's coming out today?

[71891] Fixed: Night vision simulation was not simulating color sensitivity and blue shift in dark scenes.

What does this mean exactly?

I just discovered Anistropic Filtering is NOT working in the game. At least with the latest beta NVidia drivers. Could some of you please check and see if it's functioning for you or not?

How to check:

Turn Anistropic filtering to Very High and take a screenshot like I did. Now turn it off and take another screenshot. You should see a huge difference in how the runway looks. Anistropic Filtering clears up renders at angle from 90* so it takes blurred textures and sharpens them up. The higher your AF setting, the further out the textures will be sharpened.

Now when I went and turned my NVidia drivers to over-ride the application it is then functional (each picture is 1.8 Meg to retain detail).

In-Game Anistropic Filtering Off (blurry runway):

http://www.jeffpinard.com/afoffinarma2oa.jpg

In-Game Anistropic Filtering on Very High (blurry runway):

http://www.jeffpinard.com/AFoninarma2oa.jpg

In-Game Anistropic Filtering off, OVERRIDE Anistropic Filtering in NVidia control panel turned on (sharp runway):

http://www.jeffpinard.com/Afoverridearma2oa.jpg

Edited by jpinard

I just discovered Anistropic Filtering is NOT working in the game. At least with the latest beta NVidia drivers. Could some of you please check and see if it's functioning for you or not?

How to check:

Turn Anistropic filtering to Very High and take a screenshot like I did. Now turn it off and take another screenshot. You should see a huge difference in how the runway looks. Anistropic Filtering clears up renders at angle from 90* so it takes blurred textures and sharpens them up. The higher your AF setting, the further out the textures will be sharpened.

Now when I went and turned my NVidia drivers to over-ride the application it is then functional (each picture is 1.8 Meg to retain detail).

In-Game Anistropic Filtering Off (blurry runway):

http://www.jeffpinard.com/afoffinarma2oa.jpg

In-Game Anistropic Filtering On (blurry runway):

http://www.jeffpinard.com/AFoninarma2oa.jpg

In-Game Anistropic Filtering off, OVERRIDE Anistropic Filtering in NVidia control panel turned on (sharp runway):

http://www.jeffpinard.com/arma_2_files.html

I noticed something similar, in that there is this line of "blurriness" in front of you as you run, and textures come within the circle they become sharper. Also it seems like that weird ground parallax issue is present again in OA, but I'm not entirely sure. The ground appears to warp a whole lot, though.

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but it only happens when I'm running the beta. The issue is that I no longer can look up or down while walking or standing still. If I try, I can only look a little bit in either direction before my view is forced back to center. Very strange. Thing is, if I start running it works fine!

Yes I can confirm this too. I also see how context menu placement of point and click is now a little harder with floating zone of weapon. To the point that I have now turned it off so pointing and clicking to a position = where I actually want it than being hard to be specific, this isn't this beta related but something that was slightly annoying at first.

Also I just tested "cB Random House Position and Patrol" script and now no AI are moving throughout any houses with this beta.

I fixed link #3 (the final picture). For those that want to see, please load each image and alt-tab between them to compare.

--edit--

I've now gone back and checked and Anistropic Filtering was NEVER working in any version of OA, however it does work properly in ArmA2 1.07.

NVidia release candidate drivers: 258.69

Edited by jpinard

AF settings in game are working fine for ATI as far as I can see.

Can't screenshot, I'm afraid, as I've just done a reinstall of OS; not all applications reinstalled, yadda yadda... .

I fixed link #3 (the final picture). For those that want to see, please load each image and alt-tab between them to compare.

--edit--

I've now gone back and checked and Anistropic Filtering was NEVER working in any version of OA, however it does work properly in ArmA2 1.07.

NVidia release candidate drivers: 258.69

Are you sure you do not have some global settings disabling the AF? The settings need to be on "Application controlled".

Are you sure you do not have some global settings disabling the AF? The settings need to be on "Application controlled".

Yep! Just went back and double-checked, I have both the global and specific application settings set to "application controlled". Suma, I think there's a bug in OA because if I launch ArmA2 1.07 (not OA) the anistropic filtering works just fine. I tested all 3 versions of OA and they all have this same symptom. It's either that or the Nvidia driver. But if it were the NVidia driver you'd expect ArmA2 1.07 to not work right either?

I'd really like to see someone with an ATI card take actual screenshots.

Maverick has already confirmed he has the issue as well and he has an NVidia card.

Maverick - what NVidia drivers are you using?

Edited by jpinard

Try older nVIDIA drivers :) , 197.45 is a good choose ;)

Not a good option for those of us with newer cards. 200.xx series drivers are needed for decent functioning. Can you please check to see if you have the issue? You didn't say in your post if you'd gone in and tested.

Two image, with Anisotropic Filtering: Very High and another one Disable:

Anisotropic Filtering: Very High

rd8ep6zz3hmvxjm5z9dq_thumb.png

Anisotropic Filtering: Disable

42bjkrtsge3ofkrxje9_thumb.png

Click on image for full size.

And those were only altered through in-game settings? What kind of video card do you have?

I'm uninstalling the betas and going to last WHQL as we speak.