Sign in to follow this  
pauliesss

New beta 71900 is up!(OA)

I like the route they took with recoil, its more true to life, as i have and im sure many others here have shot many many of these guns that are potrayed in this game in anger, ill say that recoil depends on the shooter ie recoil management. So i can only imagine how hard it is to portray in game

It might be a tad to much with this beta but its definately accurate to a new shooter behind one of these weapons in real life.

Suggestion as the hold down right mouse key is essentially a hold your breath type of thing, is thier a way to integrate recoil management also, kind of a 8 fundamentals of shooting button.

So basically if you shoot without pressing down on the right mouse button you have what we have now but if you do press it your accuracy and management of the weapon system is greatly increased

:D

Folks, this is meant to be a beta _feedback_ thread, not a "how many fps I want to see" or "BIS's engine is crappy" discussion. If you want BIS to make changes, the best route is simply to

1) point out the issue you see (ideally link to a report on the CIT)

2) Say whether it has got better or worse in this beta compared to some earlier version.

More extended discussions are best handled in other threads as in "Which recoil model do you prefer".

Isn't that what we're doing by reporting specs and performance, pointing out issues and saying what / where it has become worse?

Oh one major problem im having with this beta is in 3rd person view my gun is a 2d sprite or something like that? Its kind of funny looks like were toting around some mattel toy guns ha.

I get more lod popping and jerky vehicle movement with this beta than with vanilla OA.

With the new beta i get the following error:

"No entry: arma 2 dir*\bin\config.app\CFGingameUI\MPtable.shadow"

This is my starting command:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -nosplash -cpucount=4 -mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;@CBA;@Brig_Addons_OA;@BWMod_OA;@Tropica;@Helmand

Edited by MadMike[Brig2010]

With the new beta i get the following error:

"No entry: arma 2 dir*\bin\config.app\CFGingameUI\MPtable.shadow"

This is my starting command:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -nosplash -cpucount=4 -mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;@CBA;@Brig_Addons_OA;@BWMod_OA;@Tropica;@Helmand

test if you have the same problem after removing all the non-BIS mods from your start-up line.

I like the fact that you have to actually aim now and can't rely on "spray and pray" tactics. It may not be perfect now, but it's a step in the right diretion.

test if you have the same problem after removing all the non-BIS mods from your start-up line.

Yes - without all mods it´s the same issue. If i change the starting command (by removing the beta-path) to:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe" -nosplash -cpucount=4 -mod=CBA;@Brig_Addons_OA;@BWMod_OA;@Tropica;@Helmand"

all is working well. So the problem has to be on the beta side. Maybe i have to add "ca;" to the mods?

Edited by MadMike[Brig2010]

edit - NVM

Edited by SeaVee

Gave the beta a run on lan with benny's takistan warfare with max $. Do this to try to force a memory crash while flying around with lots of stuff happening at 4000 vd for a spell ala arma2 testing. result was positive. Nice and stable for long period of tme. Saves the warfare in game no problem. Was receiving a memory allocation error doing this prior to the OA beta but its much more on par with arma2 1.07 performance now for me so thanks!

Ive read the instructions several time but still cant work out how to get mods activated via the expansion selection screen. Also no longer need cpucount=4 in target line to get rid of stuttering with the i7 processor. I went for the combined ops version and cant remember proper video memory setting that was best for me for arma2 so still playing with that (default?, high?, very high?) a mystery wrapped in a riddle.....and bacon.

As far as recoil goes, dont have a strong opinion on it either way as long as

"realism" doesnt kill the king - fun. I do get waxed by the ai much more now while trying to control my boom stick.

specs:

i7 940

nvidia gtz 280 1gb driver 257.21

12gb ram

Just quickly tested stock OA1.52 vs beta 71900 on my i930. (No command line parameters used at all.)

71900 was significantly less stuttery than 1.52, presumably because I hadn't used -cpuCount and hyperthreading was trashing performance.

71900 showed very bad mouse lag when menus were shown whereas 1.52 didn't seem to. The easiest way to reproduce this for me was to use the editor to place a Bluefor player on the Desert map with a group of insurgent enemies moving towards him. After being killed, the "Restart" dialog appears and the mouse becomes extremely laggy.

Reported as http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11650

Edited by sbsmac

What is going on with my setup.I get same performance from stock compared to beta.I have a good system and I need to play with VD at minimum and I still stutter?I wonder if its something to do with video memory setting.I have never been able to set mine to default until this beta.I set it to default and I get 7fps.The documentation for this video memory is super shady as it is called shader in the manual and its very vague and no one knows what it really does.I set mine lower than very high and the stutters get worse with each downgrade.

So I wonder if the people who are getting amazing difference with the betas are all able to use default video memory setting.Could it be my brand new video card is busted?I am trying to do a memory test on it and see what comes up.

How come whenever i have like 30 or 40 units on my editor, my game stutters like mad? i will definelty see if this beta will fix that or else the editor in this awsome game is useless

---------- Post added at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 PM ----------

What is going on with my setup.I get same performance from stock compared to beta.I have a good system and I need to play with VD at minimum and I still stutter?I wonder if its something to do with video memory setting.I have never been able to set mine to default until this beta.I set it to default and I get 7fps.The documentation for this video memory is super shady as it is called shader in the manual and its very vague and no one knows what it really does.I set mine lower than very high and the stutters get worse with each downgrade.

So I wonder if the people who are getting amazing difference with the betas are all able to use default video memory setting.Could it be my brand new video card is busted?I am trying to do a memory test on it and see what comes up.

Try a different game and see if you have same issues.

can i use this whit my steam copy of the game and can i just instal ACE

thx

Thanks Jonney.Just stressed tested my video card and overclocked it to what overclocker.com got with it.There really is no difference in OA with it overclocked.Its the CPU that needs to be upgraded.Must be that.

Can anybody confirm this? When I run the beta and start boot camp mission #3 (Shooting Range), at the very beginning when I don't have a gun I cannot look up or down - every time I move the mouse the game jerks me back to the center.

Once I have a weapon it's gone.

Just quickly tested stock OA1.52 vs beta 71900 on my i930. (No command line parameters used at all.)

71900 was significantly less stuttery than 1.52, presumably because I hadn't used -cpuCount and hyperthreading was trashing performance.

71900 showed very bad mouse lag when menus were shown whereas 1.52 didn't seem to. The easiest way to reproduce this for me was to use the editor to place a Bluefor player on the Desert map with a group of insurgent enemies moving towards him. After being killed, the "Restart" dialog appears and the mouse becomes extremely laggy.

Reported as http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11650

I have experienced the exact same things, step for step. Thanks for explaining it better than I could.

Wowzers! This beta patch is NICE!. Peeps are REALLY gonna be happy with it once released.

I have experienced the exact same things, step for step. Thanks for explaining it better than I could.

I have experienced this but only at the start up menu, the mouse is really shakey and laggy but as soon as I go into the editor it stops being laggy and is fine.

i found fraps gave me loads of lag. no fraps and my speed went up.

Can anybody confirm this? When I run the beta and start boot camp mission #3 (Shooting Range), at the very beginning when I don't have a gun I cannot look up or down - every time I move the mouse the game jerks me back to the center.

Once I have a weapon it's gone.

Same deal with civilians. Can't look up or down until you pick up a weapon from a fallen soldier. Don't recall it to be like this from ArmA2.