Sign in to follow this  
pauliesss

New beta 71900 is up!(OA)

And those were only altered through in-game settings? What kind of video card do you have?

I'm uninstalling the betas and going to last WHQL as we speak.

Look at my signature and click on "Show Spoiler" to see my ingame settings :)

EDIT:

And here is my settings from nVIDIA Control Panel

s8evljawbc8yosz27hba.png

Simple click on the "Restore" button and then apply it will set the global settings to default, i always use default settings in nVIDIA Control Panel.

Edited by MJK-Ranger

So I cleaned my system and went back to V257.21 and anisotropic filtering now works correctly "in-game"- nice!

An interesting thing I've found out however. With all these images I've discovered when you override the application setting and set them in NVdia - the game looks a lot better because it's filtering all the way into infinity (with texture clamp). Whereas the A2:OA's in-game Anistropic filtering only goes about 40 yards ahead then stops and you see a distinct line where it ends... goes from sharp textures to blurry ones.

I've written up a lengthy bug report for NVidia asking them to not release their beta as WHQL until they figure out what they broke. Probably affects others games too. But most people are not as nit-picky as me.

--edited the above - no sleep for 24 hours not good--

Edited by jpinard

So I cleaned my system and went back to V.21 and anisotropic filtering now works correctly "in-game"- nice!

An interesting thing I've found out however. With all these images I've found when you override the application setting and set them in NVdia - the game looks a lot better because it's filtering all the way into infinity (with texture clamp). Whereas the A2OA's in-game Anistropic filtering only goes about 40 yards ahead then stops and you see a distinct line where it ends... goes from sharp textures to blurry ones.

I've written up a lengthy bug report for NVidia asking them to not release their beta as WHQL until they figure out what they broke. Probably affects others games too. But most people are as nit-picky as me.

Hey, thanks for the clamp idea, i forgot that one... i use it on other games via nHancer :)

So I cleaned my system and went back to V257.21 and anisotropic filtering now works correctly "in-game"- nice!

An interesting thing I've found out however. With all these images I've discovered when you override the application setting and set them in NVdia - the game looks a lot better because it's filtering all the way into infinity (with texture clamp). Whereas the A2:OA's in-game Anistropic filtering only goes about 40 yards ahead then stops and you see a distinct line where it ends... goes from sharp textures to blurry ones.

I've written up a lengthy bug report for NVidia asking them to not release their beta as WHQL until they figure out what they broke. Probably affects others games too. But most people are not as nit-picky as me.

could you please provide screenshots for comparsion between

AF application controlled + AF Very High ingame

versus

AF in drivers + Texture Clamp in drivers options + (no idea what you set in game)

thanks in advance ...

I just started using the new 258.96 WHQL-candidate drivers and this AF problem seems to be fixed. I can see a difference when I switch from Disabled to Very High now in OA.

I just started using the new 258.96 WHQL-candidate drivers and this AF problem seems to be fixed. I can see a difference when I switch from Disabled to Very High now in OA.

Holy COW. NVidia actually listened to me! I'm floored. I thought it'd get thrown back to some later release cycle. I'm a little worried about moving to that driver set as my game is running really nice after the last beta update.