Sign in to follow this  
pauliesss

New beta 71900 is up!(OA)

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

(current patch candidate)

[71896] Fixed: TI was red instead of B/W with some settings and graphics cards.

[71891] Fixed: Night vision simulation was not simulating color sensitivity and blue shift in dark scenes.

[71882] Fixed: Disabled debugging message "Added texture headers from file"

[71527] Fixed: C130 was crashing on takeoff.

(added all changes from last Arma2 beta patch)

[71721] Game is now Large Address Aware, should improve stability and allow using more RAM with 64b OS.

Edited by Jelliz

Probably deserves a mention that one of the incorporated changes from the previous Arma 2 patches is the LargeAddressAware flag :)

(added all changes from last Arma2 beta patch)

:yay: time to meet up with increased performance again!

WOW thank you Bohemia. Bought it today... Awesome milsim.

Yapa but you script skill in use again. We need you man... :)

Probably deserves a mention that one of the incorporated changes from the previous Arma 2 patches is the LargeAddressAware flag :)

fixed :shine:

Darn! still waiting for my pre-ordered OA to reach.... this is solely for OA or still compatible with Arma2?

If you've renamed your Arma2OA.exe to Arma2 for CF/Sli profiles, remember to re-rename, otherwise 'no install or OA corrupted...' LOL :yay:

Many thanks, Bis. Yet to test.

Edit: Seems to fix problems with x2 ATI cards. Happily experiencing SSAO now.

Edited by Richey79

Muahaha it's OA only. They will beta test OA only and then patch Arma 2 later. It was desided in a forum poll by users.

wow the recoil is entirely different now... so the crosshair no long returns back to the center, it tilts your gun up and doesn't return back down... interesting

I think the recoil's a bit exaggerated at the moment. I like the new kickback, but I think it could do with some toning down.

yeah i agree, a bit too much kick back. Is the AI's accuracy changed in a similar way?

What about the ammo box crashing clients bug? Normally I'm loath to use a phrase such as game breaker, but this bug is ruining the game for lots of us.

It feels about right to me for the weapons I've tested so far.

It feels nice and physical, and you certainly have to re-aim after each shot. If you use a weapon on automatic fire setting, you have to take recoil into account when placing the first round of your burst.

- I'm now getting large amounts of annoying mouse lag on most inventory windows. The degree of lag seems to be different on the inventory part of the screen and outside that box.

Darn! still waiting for my pre-ordered OA to reach.... this is solely for OA or still compatible with Arma2?

The patch only includes udpdates that either ArmA2 already has or only apply to OA features anyway. :j:

First impression: theres a improvement in performance.

- hardware/settings:- listed in my signature (video memory: default; terrain detail: normal; GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1 GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1)

E08 benchmark: 1.52.71816 = 35 FPS; 1.52.71900 = 40 FPS; n=3

Also the performance @ Zargabad: (testmission in editor: player alone @ central place in the city) Fps never went lower than 35 (27 FPS, 1.52.71816).

Besides, is there a parameter like "-world=Chernarus" for the maps of OA available?

Edit: Radius for LOD-switching of trees is still a problem, I think.

Edited by WillaCHilla

Besides, is there a parameter like "-world=Chernarus" for the maps of OA available?

Um, yea it would be the same parameter:

-world=Takistan

Or does that not work...?

Edit: It might actually be Takistan_E or Takistan_EP1. I can't remember the exact island name. Try them all until one works.

Edited by Big Dawg KS

wow the recoil is entirely different now... so the crosshair no long returns back to the center, it tilts your gun up and doesn't return back down... interesting

Indeed interesting I will restart the campaign when I go home.

---------- Post added at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

It feels about right to me for the weapons I've tested so far.

It feels nice and physical, and you certainly have to re-aim after each shot. If you use a weapon on automatic fire setting, you have to take recoil into account when placing the first round of your burst.

- I'm now getting large amounts of annoying mouse lag on most inventory windows. The degree of lag seems to be different on the inventory part of the screen and outside that box.

I had these when I increase the new sound settings more than 32.

Might not be such a good idea to play MP against players on vanilla OA with this beta, though!

-Cheers Connos. Heck, I didn't even realize you could set it higher than 32 (herp derp). I'll experiment with the settings and see what works best for me. Hmmm, 128 gets rid of the lag entirely.

Does anyone have a definitive answer for whether A2/OA uses your sound card or CPU to process sound? I've seen it discussed in other threads, but nobody ever seems to be sure.

Edited by Richey79

Might not be such a good idea to play MP against players on vanilla OA with this beta, though!

Yes thats a good point!!!

still only 1xGPU in use on 4870x2 @win7 :((

no visible performance boost against 1.52 for me either :/

Small gain in terms of performance,

1920x1200, everything on Very High, AF on Normal and AA on Disabled, View Distance is 5400 ( Making Terrain Detail High ).

Vanilla without renamed .exe in the OA Benchmark;

With renamed .exe

Beta vanilla .exe

Beta renamed .exe

EDIT: Apparently, running the Beta has ruined the LOD system somehow. Fired up the game as a US Rifleman, the SCAR was basically a 2D drawing and it didn't improve .... Great -.-

EDIT2: Zargabad is COMPLETELY unplayable now.

Edited by Sethos

EDIT: Apparently, running the Beta has ruined the LOD system somehow. Fired up the game as a US Rifleman, the SCAR was basically a 2D drawing and it didn't improve .... Great -.-

Got exact the same problem a few minutes ago. My own SCAR had this "2D-LOD", but only in 3d-person view, 1st-person was normal as always. Never had this problem in arma².

Got exact the same problem a few minutes ago. My own SCAR had this "2D-LOD", but only in 3d-person view, 1st-person was normal as always. Never had this problem in arma².

i had that problem with a M16 in the latest arma 2 beta patch. not in 1.07 or OA so far.