Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: CO (how to combine ARMA 2 into ARMA 2:OA and use together)

Question for Dwarden:

Would making a symlink from the operation arrowhead folder to the a2 folder be a solution?

Something like

*removed to avoid confusion*

I cannot test this because i don't have the Steam installation...

Or would that cause major issues for the steam upgrade/patch/verify cache procedure?

*just did a small test and it would probably work, but is a bit tricky as you need empty folders first...*

Edited by Yoma

If have the ArmA 2 and OA DVD, how do I combine them together? Could you make the instructions simplified for new users like me?

So as I just purchased the Combined Operations on Steam today, does that mean I need to go through this?

I'm downloading it now and not at home so I can't see if they're seperate atm.

Hi guys i has the same Proplem i download than the file and it works for me.

But i didnt need the file to but into the Arma Folder it works also if simply download unzip and run from desktop. The tool give you the absulute path if you run it so i thing no one have to but it into Arma folder.

Hi All,

For me it is also not working as i like it to work.

I have 2 ways of starting my games now.

1.) Running the normal arma Arrowhead exe, i have moved all my arma addons to this directory, so all mods are now in the STEAM directory for OA. This will give me all my mod in the expansion menu ingame. You can enable or disable them. I think it gives me errors, but that probably because ace is not running well under OA stand alone. Because this way you will start OA as stand alone with the mods from the OA directory.

2.) Running the game true the CMD thingy, this is my startup line:

:run

"%ARMA2OAPATH%\ARMA2OA.exe" "-mod=%ARMA2PATH%;%ARMA2OAPATH%\EXPANSION;ca" "-nosplash" "-cpucount=4" "-exThreads=7"

And this will start the games combined, without the mods in the OA directory.

So this way you cleanly sart OA combined with Arma2.

A third option might be like running true the cmd start up thingy but with a slightly different start line, for example like this:

:run

"%ARMA2OAPATH%\ARMA2OA.exe" "-mod=%ARMA2PATH%;%ARMA2OAPATH%\EXPANSION;ca;%ARMA2OAPATH%\@ACE;%ARMA2OAPATH%\@ACEX" "-nosplash" "-cpucount=4" "-exThreads=7"

As you can see you will now start the game combined with som extra mods which are in the OA directory.

This does work, but it seems that you can NOT keep on adding mods, i read somewhere somebody says only 6 extra options are possible.

My conclusion :

I'm going to buy the games both on dvd, and reinstall all as i like it and so it works. I really hate this, because it seems that this download is just a waist of money, i actually have bought my last Arma title allways twice. Arma, Arma2, Arma Arrowhead. The little cnts, have made me pull my wallet again :(

Laters,

Alphons

Edited by Alliexx

Question for Dwarden:

Would making a symlink from the operation arrowhead folder to the a2 folder be a solution?

Something like

*removed to avoid confusion*

I cannot test this because i don't have the Steam installation...

Or would that cause major issues for the steam upgrade/patch/verify cache procedure?

*just did a small test and it would probably work, but is a bit tricky as you need empty folders first...*

erm, but that's exactly what does the manual method already ...

---------- Post added at 22:11 ---------- Previous post was at 22:10 ----------

So as I just purchased the Combined Operations on Steam today, does that mean I need to go through this?

I'm downloading it now and not at home so I can't see if they're seperate atm.

only if you A2:CO mode don't work

then just replace "_runA2CO.cmd" in the OA directory with one from first post

---------- Post added at 22:13 ---------- Previous post was at 22:11 ----------

Hi guys i has the same Proplem i download than the file and it works for me.

But i didnt need the file to but into the Arma Folder it works also if simply download unzip and run from desktop. The tool give you the absulute path if you run it so i thing no one have to but it into Arma folder.

yes,

_runA2CO.cmd will work from anywhere as it uses full paths obtained from registry ...

hopefully it was enough simple :D

---------- Post added at 22:16 ---------- Previous post was at 22:13 ----------

Hi All,

For me it is also not working as i like it to work.

Alphons

if you needed mods you should checked for the manual method

also there is no need to edit the main batch

just use additional -mod=paramater + junctions etc.

Hi guys i was wondering if anyone knew how to combine a CD version of Arma 2 with the downloaded version of Arma2 OA from Steam.this so i can get my arma 2 addons to work in OA.I have tryed just place the arma 2 addons witch i wish to use the OA addons folder but they will not apear in the map editor but do in the armoury but normaly get error messages and crashes when i try to use in armoury.guys please help other wise its just been a waste of money for me

Thank you for youre time

i really like some of the mods for arma 2 but im new here and i could not find

this question anywere so can you?

Hopefully you will sort all those out in the next patch so all this extra hoops are unnecessary. People should be able to install the game and play it as advertised.

Los

i really want to add some mods im just not sure if i can add them without !@#$% up my game really want the dutch army mod

OA just updated via Steam. The Combined Ops option now successfully starts OA with ArmA2 content. Both games on Steam with Steam in a non-standard directory. Good work!

I still am unclear of merging the installs of ArmA 2 and OA both using the DVD edition. So do I have to put all the ArmA 2 folders in OA?

So I downloaded this,

And my Arma no longer launches.

Please don't put out more expansions. Ever.

So because of a problem on your end BIS shouldn't make anymore expansions for everyone else to enjoy? Ok.....

I just noticed the steam update, BUT not such combine ops option. My original ARMA2 is a retail dvd. How do activate the update?

Is there anyway to run a server using this with adding -server into it somewhere?

I got both ARMA2 & ARMA2:OA from Steam, I think I'm going to wait for the Update.

This whole thing is also meant for use with retail ARMA 2 vanilla and OA retail? (i.e. from GoGamer, I'm about to get that one, as I already got vanilla ARMA 2.)

Haven't gotten a chance to check out the Combined Ops bundle, what exactly is in it; different software, or just the two discs in an exclusive box?

I just want to be sure that I'd be getting everything with OA (and vanilla ArmA 2) that I would have if I had bought Combined Ops, other than the physical box... is that the case?

Edited by Chortles
Went ahead and bought

you need to read better ... the code provided in post is only explaining what it does

1st solution is no brainer, replace the single cmd , run and detection is auto

2nd solution is no brainer run the cmd .... it detects the OA and A2 paths by itself and set all up

3rd solution is no brainer

run the cmd in style

cmd modfoldername1

cmd modfoldername2

can't do it ? well it can't be simpler from my side

Id just like to say this is pretty lame for a developer to say this.

Not everyone is computer literate or able to script or code.

'No brainer' as you put it would be a working game that is seamlessly integrated when you purchase them as an 'expansion'. 'No brainer' would be a Ui-modmanager that WORKS without having to get onto the bi forums, find the relevent post with the relevent script that has been added as an afterthought, then read poorly written english from a rude developer on how to apply said scripts in order to make your expansion work the way it should have worked when you bought it in the first place.

now, i also am unable to get my mods to show up in the games UI modmanager. I have run the cmd script '_junctionA2intoOA4me_Vista&Seven'

i have then run the cmd script '_junctionTHISmod4me' several times with the @modfolder after it via the run program in windows start menu for each modfolder i wish to use.

This has placed the junctioned folders in the OA install folder.

I then run the game in CO mode via steam, and lo and behold, the mods do not show up in the UI Modmanager

Edited by chappy

Id just like to say this is pretty lame for a developer to say this.

Not everyone is computer literate or able to script or code.

'No brainer' as you put it would be a working game that is seamlessly integrated when you purchase them as an 'expansion'. 'No brainer' would be a Ui-modmanager that WORKS without having to get onto the bi forums, find the relevent post with the relevent script that has been added as an afterthought, then read poorly written english from a rude developer on how to apply said scripts in order to make your expansion work the way it should have worked when you bought it in the first place.

now, i also am unable to get my mods to show up in the games UI modmanager. I have run the cmd script '_junctionA2intoOA4me_Vista&Seven'

i have then run the cmd script '_junctionTHISmod4me' several times with the @modfolder after it via the run program in windows start menu.

I then run the game in CO mode via steam, and lo and behold, the mods do not show up.

Thanks... Now i know im not alone.

The Devs response was uncalled for and still did nothing to help me get my mods working.

This is terrible customer relations for a terrible expansion launch.

And to everyone else who claims its so easy...I have WINDOWS XP... The junction program does nothing but open a dos window for a split second

Edited by DruidB