Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: CO (how to combine ARMA 2 into ARMA 2:OA and use together)

no need to edit the original batch file, he can define it in the set launch options in game properties in steam

he can also create shortcut to the _runA2CO.cmd file

with

"-mod=@whatiwant;@andineedthistoo;@anothergreatmod"

once again, you can add up to 9 parameters behind _runA2CO.cmd

e.g.

_runA2CO.cmd -noplash -windowed -noPause "-mod=@mylovelymod"

see more

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma2:_Startup_Parameters

From my experiences, using the Steam launch options to specify mods does not function. This, in addition to the lack of Steam community leads me to be believe that since the batch starts the .exe itself, Steam does not associate its launch options and Steam Community to it... Not positive, however.

I'll download the latest batch and test the launch options again, if this does not work I'll manually add them into the batch (I would prefer to run it through Steam rather than adding ANOTHER shortcut).

by popular demand now with working STEAMoverlay

this one works now only with STEAM installed

From my experiences, using the Steam launch options to specify mods does not function. This, in addition to the lack of Steam community leads me to be believe that since the batch starts the .exe itself, Steam does not associate its launch options and Steam Community to it... Not positive, however.

I'll download the latest batch and test the launch options again, if this does not work I'll manually add them into the batch (I would prefer to run it through Steam rather than adding ANOTHER shortcut).

ofcourse it does work, the parameters from the setlaunchoptions are passed to the cmd

the cmd starts arma2oa.exe with predefined parameters to load ARMA 2 + pass again parameters from STEAM

the key points to get working -mod= are

enclose by ""

split mods by ;

mod directory must be present inside OA directory (also possible to use directory junction link)

so .e.g. i want to load

STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\ARMA 2 OPERATION ARROWHEAD\@cba

and

STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\ARMA 2 OPERATION ARROWHEAD\@mycoolsoundmod

then place into "set launch options"

"-mod=@cba;@mycoolsoundmod"

and the parameters will be passed to arma2oa.exe

multiple -mod= are supported by engine

just keep in mind when -mod= is used, the internal mod manager autodisable itself

Edited by Dwarden

Hi,

i have a little question, i have dvd boxes for Arma2 and OA, i have a combined operation shortcut. I installed OA in the default directory but when i want to play multiplayer using combined operation shortcut i cant see the arma2 servers. Is it normal, must i do something to solve this problem?

Note that i have the arma2 missions and campain when i use the combined operation shortcut.

Thx for ur help.

Hi,

i have a little question, i have dvd boxes for Arma2 and OA, i have a combined operation shortcut. I installed OA in the default directory but when i want to play multiplayer using combined operation shortcut i cant see the arma2 servers. Is it normal, must i do something to solve this problem?

Note that i have the arma2 missions and campain when i use the combined operation shortcut.

Thx for ur help.

when You play A2:CO it's equal to playing A2:OA + A2 data as mod

ARMA 2 servers are engine build 1.07 (latest)

while

ARMA 2: OA servers are engine build 1.52 (latest)

A2:OA is not backward compatible with A2 so You will see only A2:OA servers

by popular demand now with working STEAMoverlay

this one works now only with STEAM installed

Hi.

Thank you soooooooooo much :D

EDIT:

It is possible to add the beta in this cmd file and still have the steam overlay??

Edited by MJK-Ranger

Hi.

Thank you soooooooooo much :D

EDIT:

It is possible to add the beta in this cmd file and still have the steam overlay??

no you need to make custom shortcut in STEAM

and use full paths for commandline and copy rest of the run commandline

then it will work for the beta arma2oa.exe

mission must be able use these new vehicles , they will not autoappear in old mission ....

you can verify if the content works if you check editor and see all 5 islands and all vehicles etc.

Oki thanks, seems they are there in the editor. So any easy way to just add weapons and vehicles to old missions? Seems i cant load old missions when i go <<New - Editor>> then Load, only new mission there.

i need help!

while after making link from my ArmA folder for my all mods, i can't start ArmaOA by loading exe file ( i want to skip -mod syntax). i got a message just as :

Include file x\cba\addons\main\script_macros_common.hpp not found.

i searched and some posts said that it may be helpful to reinstall CBA, but it didn't work. and everyting was fine when i launched Arma.

so, what can i do now?

if i use the _runA2OC i get this error message

Error compiling pixel shader PSSSSMSpecularAlpha:1

Spirited Machine has just updated his excellent Launcher and it now seems to be working with most steam/retail arma2/OA combos - plus mods access and the most common additional parameters... definitely well worth a look...

of course... like all launchers, it uses the "-mod=" syntax, so of course the new internal "Expansions" option won't display your mods...

...there's a little intro video for the new guys and those unfamiliar with the Launcher concept...

B

Edited by Bushlurker

or just do

_runA2CO.cmd "-nosplash" "-cpucount=4" "-exThreads=7" "-mod=@KHPackOA"

that shall be enough straightforward :) considering the file is already available in the OA folder ;)

also in case you have quadcore the -cpuCount=4 and -exThreads=7 part is not needed ;)

Dwarden I got this to work great even including the beta. Addons work as well though some dont list in game. I have two addon folders Im working with right now. CBA and another that has many addons in it. CBA shows in the expansion but that is it. Does the addon maker need to do something special to make it show in the list?

or just do

_runA2CO.cmd "-nosplash" "-cpucount=4" "-exThreads=7" "-mod=@KHPackOA"

I'm trying to create a shortcut for Combined Operations. I'm using steam for both and tried this method. I think I am doing something wrong. I put

_runA2CO.cmd "-nosplash"

in my shortcut target line. That didn't work. I also put that in the steam launch options and created a shortcut. That didn't work either. Where do I put the above command?

When I run _runA2CO.cmd from my OA folder it loads combined operations up. I'm just trying to make it easier with a shortcut and no splash.

Just run Spirited machines new arma launcher it fixes everything. BETA, OA, A2, MODS anything you want to run now you can

I might give it a try. I really want shortcuts though.

I'm pretty sure this question have been asked, but I am lazy to look at 37 pages of text. So I will have to ask again, how do I get it to be combined if I have Arma 2 retail and OA from steam?

I really need someone to answer this question.

I'm pretty sure this question have been asked, but I am lazy to look at 37 pages of text. So I will have to ask again, how do I get it to be combined if I have Arma 2 retail and OA from steam?

will combine fine, as long as both games are installed properly (aka path to them is within OS registry)

---

to these who ask the last _runA2CO.cmd must be placed

\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\ARMA 2 OPERATION ARROWHEAD\

simply where is normal nonbeta arma2oa.exe

if you want have it elsewhere then use the nonsteam one but then STEAMoverlay will not work

So do I extract my whole arma 2 folder into C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead or extract the whole OA folder into arma 2? Or do I extract the expansions folder in OA into arma 2? Sorry for asking, I suck at things...........

Ok to get everything working without any problems do the following:

1. Go to your bank and ripp some money from the wall

2. Go to your favorite game shop

3. Tell the clerk you want to buy ArmaII and Arma Arrowhead on DVD

4. Pay the clerk and hurry home

5. Make sure you have enough coca cola and mars bars ( and smoke s for the smokers)

6. install Arma2

7. Install Arrowhead

8. run the newly created desktop shortcut

And your all ready to go, load your weapon and shoot some badguys.

Later,

Allie

_runA2CO.cmd "-nosplash"

where do I put the above command? using steam for both versions

_runA2CO.cmd "-nosplash"

where do I put the above command? using steam for both versions

all you need is select ARMA2:OA game in STEAM's games list

right mouse button click

choose properties

choose "set launch options"

put there -nosplash

ok ok

and that's all

all you need is select ARMA2:OA game in STEAM's games list

right mouse button click

choose properties

choose "set launch options"

put there -nosplash

ok ok

and that's all

TY sir.

When I did that it launches as standalone version and not combined.

Edited by mia389

Do we run the _runA2CO.cmd or do we save it somewhere else?

Also I got an update for the steam version. Is this to combine the 2?

Do we run the _runA2CO.cmd or do we save it somewhere else?

Also I got an update for the steam version. Is this to combine the 2?

You'll find a version of that file within the OA installation folder 'C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead' or C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead' depending on whether you have 32-bit or 64-bit Operating System.

Replace it with this updated copy provided by BIS.