Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: CO (how to combine ARMA 2 into ARMA 2:OA and use together)

Well it was actually an addon but I'm using the "TF86 Navy SEALs Pack". Like i said, the game was running fine last night with the addon. Today, it just crashes to my desktop after i see the BIS logo.

Well it was actually an addon but I'm using the "TF86 Navy SEALs Pack". Like i said, the game was running fine last night with the addon. Today, it just crashes to my desktop after i see the BIS logo.

hmm very strange. Try first without that mode and see if you can start the game, of not.. then you have to make sure you don't have installed anything else on your computer after last night, if so try to remove what you have installed.

or try use public beta build

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

install, run from shortcut it made (inside OA directory)

if it runs it's something

if not

then would be worth to create ticket on CIT (see sticky in troubleshooting) and post crashdumps

@AMS AGENT 000

Ok.. i did a test. I downloaded the TF86 Navy SEALs Pack v.1.2 and no problem to start ArmA2 with that addon and no problem to start ArmA2: Combined Operation(ArmA2 + ArmA2:OA)

Well i have kinda found a solution. I basically pull up the steam community page as quick as possible(SHIFT+Tab) when the game starts up. That seems to prevent it from crashing back to the desktop, but how remains a mystery.

I want to have COMBINED ARMS version - With ARMA 2 & AO - I currently have ARMA 2 installed (CD version). I just purchased and am starting to install AO - My AO version is CD version as well -

It is asking me do I want to install here

C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2

IS THIS WHERE I WANT IT to have it COMBINED ARMS...

Or should it be here

C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\

??? (not within the ARMA 2 folder)

Edited by meade95

I want to have COMBINED ARMS version - With ARMA 2 & AO - I currently have ARMA 2 installed (CD version). I just purchased and am starting to install AO - My AO version is CD version as well -

It is asking me do I want to install here

C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2

IS THIS WHERE I WANT IT to have it COMBINED ARMS...

Or should it be here

C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\

??? (not within the ARMA 2 folder)

It will try to find your ArmA 2 installation and install it there to make Combined Operations by default. So, C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 is correct from what I remember and just hit "OK" to the default install location.

Hey guys,

I have a non steam version of ARMA 2 and a non steam version of Operation Arrowheard.

I used the exe in the first post and got the games combined fine (At least I think so, it still opens up OA by itself but the ARMA 2 missions and content are now available in it).

My question is, how do I go about patching it in the future? Do I patch OA, ARMA 2 or both?

Thanks in advance.

Dwarden, I have a question im using the newest beta build and your _runA2CO_beta.cmd to setup a server, both version are steam. I can connect fine but server shows in red with a question mark. Is this normal? Also is there away around leaving equalModRequired=1; on when running beta.

If its set to 1 if you dont have beta patch you cant connect.

Edited by pikkon

yes that's normal ...

simply the ? mark is due to the variety of commandline used ...

it will get better ...

Also if equalModRequired=1 is set, and tring to run a CO server with steam versions, most people cant connect because of different install location, IE if I use steams file and add -server to I cant connect but buddy can. Im guessing I cant connect cause on our win server 2008 steam is installed in program files x86, and on my computer it's installed D:/Games/Steam. So mods params this batch file uses to launch are different on every pc.

When are we going to get a proper way for launching CO?

sorry for bad grammer

SETLOCAL ENABLEEXTENSIONS

:v64_path_a2
For /F "Tokens=2* skip=2" %%A In ('REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2" /v "MAIN"') Do (set _ARMA2PATH=%%B)

IF NOT DEFINED _ARMA2PATH (GOTO v32_path_a2) ELSE (GOTO v64_path_a2oa)

:v32_path_a2
For /F "Tokens=2* skip=2" %%C In ('REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2" /v "MAIN"') Do (set _ARMA2PATH=%%D)

IF NOT DEFINED _ARMA2PATH (GOTO uac_PATH_A2) ELSE (GOTO v64_path_a2oa)

:uac_PATH_A2
FOR /F "tokens=2* delims=	 " %%I IN ('REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2" /v "MAIN"') DO (SET _ARMA2PATH=%%J)

IF NOT DEFINED _ARMA2PATH (GOTO std_PATH_A2) ELSE (GOTO v64_path_a2oa)

:std_PATH_A2
FOR /F "tokens=2* delims=	 " %%K IN ('REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2" /v "MAIN"') DO (SET _ARMA2PATH=%%L)

IF NOT DEFINED _ARMA2PATH (GOTO ENDfailA2) ELSE (GOTO v64_path_a2oa)

:v64_path_a2oa
For /F "Tokens=2* skip=2" %%E In ('REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2 OA" /v "MAIN"') Do (set _ARMA2OAPATH=%%F)

IF NOT DEFINED _ARMA2OAPATH (GOTO v32_path_a2oa) ELSE (GOTO RUN)

:v32_path_a2oa
For /F "Tokens=2* skip=2" %%G In ('REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2 OA" /v "MAIN"') Do set (_ARMA2OAPATH=%%H)

IF NOT DEFINED _ARMA2OAPATH (GOTO uac_PATH_A2OA) ELSE (GOTO RUN)

:uac_PATH_A2OA
FOR /F "tokens=2* delims=	 " %%M IN ('REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2 OA" /v "MAIN"') DO (SET _ARMA2OAPATH=%%N)

IF NOT DEFINED _ARMA2OAPATH (GOTO std_PATH_A2OA) ELSE (GOTO RUN)

:std_PATH_A2OA
FOR /F "tokens=2* delims=	 " %%O IN ('REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2 OA" /v "MAIN"') DO (SET _ARMA2OAPATH=%%P)

IF NOT DEFINED _ARMA2OAPATH (GOTO ENDfailA2OA) ELSE (GOTO RUN)

:run
:v64_path_steam
For /F "Tokens=2* skip=2" %%Q In ('REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Valve\Steam" /v "InstallPath"') Do (set _STEAMPATH=%%R)

IF NOT DEFINED _STEAMPATH (GOTO v32_path_steam) ELSE (GOTO runs)

:v32_path_steam
For /F "Tokens=2* skip=2" %%S In ('REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Valve\Steam" /v "InstallPath"') Do (set _STEAMPATH=%%T)

IF NOT DEFINED _STEAMPATH (GOTO uac_path_steam) ELSE (GOTO runs)

:uac_path_steam
FOR /F "tokens=2* delims=	 " %%U IN ('REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Valve\Steam" /v "InstallPath"') DO (SET _STEAMPATH=%%V)

IF NOT DEFINED _STEAMPATH (GOTO std_path_steam) ELSE (GOTO runs)

:std_path_steam
FOR /F "tokens=2* delims=	 " %%W IN ('REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Valve\Steam" /v "InstallPath"') DO (SET _STEAMPATH=%%X)

IF NOT DEFINED _STEAMPATH (GOTO ENDfailSteam) ELSE (GOTO runs)

:runs
"%_STEAMPATH%\steam.exe" -applaunch 33930 "-mod=%_ARMA2PATH%;EXPANSION;ca" -server

ENDLOCAL

:end
exit /B 0

:ENDfailA2
exit /B 1

:ENDfailA2OA
exit /B 2

:ENDfailSteam
exit /B 3

Still waiting on an answer, can anyone help me out here?

It's probably a commonly known answer, but it's not been mentioned once in this thread and i can't search for a sentence-long question with generic terms like coop/OA etc..

Anyway, the question:

If a friend has OA installed, but no A2, would we be able to play co-op if i'm running Combined Operations? I realise the mission would have to contain only OA content, but if that were the case, would it work?

If that won't work, is it possible to have OA installed twice? Once as a standalone, and a second time when combined with the A2 install?

Can somebody explain to me in English what this means, please?

Place content of this file into same directory where is ARMA2OA.EXE

note: this is only for these who have A2 and OA directories standalone

Spoiler:

show spoiler

(includes STEAM users, games needs to be combined for A2:CO package)

Which file is he talking about? All of them.... the .exe...the cmd ?

I have the steam version and I tried the command file and combined ops won't launch at all. Then I tried the .exe and that didn't seem to work either.

Blanko: this "file" is probably a batch file to do the following automatically : Basically move >everything< in your operation arrowhead folder into your ARMA2 folder (where all the arma2 files/folders are) and then use OA exe to run CO/OA

install from DVD suggests this automatically if your have ARMA2 installed already.

Anybody know if I'm supposed to use the original ARMA2 exe for ARMA2 or now use OA exe for both OA/CO and ARMA2??

Edited by Honeycutt

Okay, should I overwrite all of the files that have the same name? I clicked no last time and it didn't copy 121 files....I figured this would cause damage

Just to be sure I have understood the technical steps.

I have combo ed. from steam:

1 - install arma2 base

2 - execute arma 2 one time

3 - install arrowhead (steam read me tell, the software will installa automatically arrowhead in arma2 dir, but this didn't work)

4 - execute arrowhead one time

5 - execute batch file

6 - I can uninstall arrowhead files? The files has been copied in arma2. Or I can uninstall arma2 becaus of contrary?

Is correct?

I don't have so much space remained on the HD (espcially because steam doesn't permit other disks), so in don't want have 8+7 giga for the same game

thank.

Edited by mitra76

Blanko: this "file" is probably a batch file to do the following automatically : Basically move >everything< in your operation arrowhead folder into your ARMA2 folder (where all the arma2 files/folders are) and then use OA exe to run CO/OA

install from DVD suggests this automatically if your have ARMA2 installed already.

Anybody know if I'm supposed to use the original ARMA2 exe for ARMA2 or now use OA exe for both OA/CO and ARMA2??

Im confused, move what? which folders am i supposed to move?

I have arma II and OA both from steam but I have to run it through the steam website its self how could I create a shortcut to avoid going to the website. Plus what is the CO exe location so I can use a 3rd party launcher?

For what it's worth I uninstalled my retail version of Arma 2 when I purchased Combined Ops off Steam, and it gives me the option to either run OA or Combined Ops when I start via Steams game library.

stupid question, forgive me if answered already, when i have Arma 2 installed, can i use it ALL like one game ? like it was with QB and AA1 ?

i mean - to have Chernarus and US ACU soldiers/T55/BTR... there or to have Takistan and Russians with T90 there ?

i heard it is "standalone" so different than QG which (if memory not fails me) required AA1

Gah forget steam this is so confusing cant we filter out make a new post or w/e for non steam users?

I have the dvd of A2 and dvd of OA .... I cant join servers that my buddy can who just have OA installed... HELP! lol.

Default install puts OA in the A2 folder gives me a combined arms shortcut ( yes i patched A2 to 1.07 and OA to 1.52.

I try to join a server that my buddy plays on who just has dvd version of OA ONLY installed and i get a bad server version message (its also red dot)

what gives? Ive trawled through all 51 pages of this thread and come out the other end with a nose bleed and nothing solved.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

<not so ninja edit>

Ok so i fixed it... well i didnt i used the arma2 launcher to sort out shortcuts for me.

I might add that to get it to work i installed OA into a diff directory so the shortcut now for OA stand alone in target is this...

"D:\Games\Bohemia Interactive\arma2OA.exe" "-mod=Expansion"

and for combined ops a seperate shortcut like this:

"D:\Games\Bohemia Interactive\arma2OA.exe" "-mod=D:\Games\Bohemia Interactive\Arma 2;Expansion;ca"

I can now join servers with my buddy who has just OA stand alone installed using the OA only shortcut, messy work around but atleast its done sort of.

Im sure i read that somewhere else futhur back but my head was spinning so much trying to separate it from the steam users i mustve had a self induced temporary lobotomy.

Edited by b0b

if you get crashes then i suggest to use public beta build ... many were fixed

with last beta build all will be non green unless the server runs beta,

but you can join most of servers with ? fine ...

anyway you shall check the beta cmd in first post :) they works fine

When are we going to get a proper way of running a combined operations server and beable to keep requireequalmod on. As it stands now it seems if someone has the game installed in a different dir then there SOL.

Steam Version.