Sign in to follow this  
Spike 21

ARMA 2 OA 1.52 :Bugs

Anyone else noticed the absence of supersonic cracks?

Again, there is no description where you encountered this and if its repro'able in the editor, but from the top of my head, I'd say you were in a night mission with SD (silenced) ammunition.

SD ammo is supposedly subsonic ammo. Nuff said.

MISSION EDITOR

When in mission editor, to preview mission with breifing ( SHIFT + PREVIEW ) Briefing should be started first. Or im stupid or this is not working anymore.

This has probably been mentioned (I haven't gone through all the pages within this thread) so apologise if I'm repeating something.

Issue

-----

Your solider getting 'stuck' onto some rocks as you attempt to pass over them (intentionally or otherwise) - Cannot get out of this unless you respawn

The soldier just sticks, and bobs up and down when you attempt to move off the 'rock'

Trying the 'jump/step-over' + moving forwards button doesn't help in this case (as it did witihn ARMA2)

Edited by LondonLad

Yeah, the rocks- issue is a bit annoying. Sometimes you get stuck even while 3 meters away from them :(

Unarmed player characters without engaging free look cannot look up and down with crosshair limited within deadzone like space when standing still, did anyone get the same problem?

Edited by 4 IN 1

* When you place the Mi-8MTV-3 and the Mi-17 in the editor, they start "wheels-up". So when they try to take off they're instantly damaged and/or destroyed.

* 4 out 5 times when you start the Boot Camp Tutorial 08: Construction, the first set of variables doesn't show up (select menu item) so you can't continue with the mission. Later when it tells you to "rotate the building" in preview mode it incorrectly suggests you hold "Alt" to rotate the building, but the correct key is "Ctrl".

Edited by jpinard

I have Arma2 1.07 with Arma2 OA 1.52 and have following Bugs found:

1. At the Arma2 OA Campain in the first Mission on the airport the Soldiers go in the Air out of the helicopter and falling down, so that he dead.

2. The AI of the Enamy are not so good. In the village of the same mission the Enamy don't see me whan I come from the site.

I can partially confirm this. After seeing your post I went in the editor and placed myself in an M1 and than placed 2 T-55's about a couple of hundred yards away from me. I just sat in place and the T-55's came at me firing only their 12.7's for about the first 90 seconds. It wasn't until I they were less than 50 meters or so away from me that ONE of them fired. I only fired my .50 cal. and by the time I used up all of the .50 cal ammo I destroyed 1 T-55 and severely damaged the other. I only counted a total of 3 main gun rounds that the t-55's fired at me.

I have seen something odd as well. Placing a Takistani BMP2 and a US Stryker head to head, the BMP2 doesn't engage. The Stryker also won't do anything either, unless it's a TOW or MGS version. The BMP also won't engage a M1A1.

This is weird as hell because the gun on the BMP2 can kill a Stryker no sweat and it's rockets are also fairly effective, even against an M1.

when im walking and i throw a granade unit im playing as dose the throw animashion twice

- You can still blow up armoured vehicles with small arms fire. I blew up a t72 with nothing but a PKM on the front armour. I thought OA fixed this problem.

- AI have returned to their ridiculously accurate/godlike hearing form they had in ARMA 2 1.00 . I've been sniped in the head while walking from 1000m + single shot with an AK, then had my mate who was about 20m away from me shot again. In 2 bullets. vehicles have insane detection capabilities, AI use rockets on infantry when there are tanks nearby, somtimes the AI even pulls out an RPG to engage lone infantry when it has a perfectly fine gun

- Absoloutely horrible performance issues and texture issues, horrible stutter (though not much lag), game doesn't use SLI GPU's, massive texture issues. Sometimes textures just refuse to load so from third person view my soldiers armour and BDU's look like they are from a game in 1995. It all goes blobby and unloaded, especially with the ground. At first I thought the ground textures were just bad as they were all 2D then I realized they were actually 3D when they mystically started loading again. My rig is by no measure a terrible one, yet performance in this is far, far worse than I got in Chernarus when I'm just travelling around the desert with a relatively low view distance.

- Sometimes AI just turns totally stupid, I put myself against about 20 T-72's at around 2000m, me in an Abrams and I killed 14 before I ran out of ammo without a single shot fired back at me. This is especially bad online and/or with armoured vehicles mostly infantry seem fine but I've driven around enemy armour and not even been engaged, it's extremely weird (although I admit this may be a server lag/ping/bandwidth issue so don't rage against me over this one).

- Ballistics seem a bit off, I had about a 1 second travel time with an M107 at 400m, I'm no military buff but I'm sure the muzzle velocity of that thing is in the thousands of m/s. It should take milliseconds to travel that distance, not seconds. To put it in perspective the travel time at 400m in OA is the same as the travel time of 1000m in A2.

Just some stuff I've noticed

Edited by RobertJ

I get crash to desktop when using the "next" tab in control configuation panel

That is a Bug...Happens to lots of us..

Dont use next when changing controls..

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

I have the feeling that there havent been any tests at all...

Quote:

While playing online today I crashed both times I tried to access the ammo box and once had a hard lock requiring a computer restart after someone else in my vicinity opened it.

Dorph;1665587']I have the ammocrate bug as well playing online.

Yes dito, earlyer today I had no problems, but now I get freezes and eventually black screen crashes when I open the ammo box in MP.

Edit to add: That I only had this on a couple of servers.

Edited by B00tsy

FYI

I had the bug with the OA Bootcamp mission: UAV tutorial where the screen gets black after selecting the UAV or the ULB.

I found out that this was caused by the visibility settings in the video options. Ive had set it more than 5000, and after setting this back to 2400 the problem is not arising.

Hi guys, I have this problem as well. Going to try "left shift & -" then type flush while on the black screen. after that im going to scale back the distance and see if that helps

UAV bootcamp tutorial

I load the tutorial, it then tells me to choose between the plane or little bird by walking toward one.

Either way I choose, the next part of the boot camp starts to load and then freezes on a black screen. when I hit escape, the image from the next part of the tutorial shows but when I resume game it goes back to black screen.

Anyone else having this problem?

yup i sure am, ive even updated to 1.52 and im still having the same problem

Hi guys, I have this problem as well. Going to try "left shift & -" then type flush while on the black screen. after that im going to scale back the distance and see if that helps

And sorry for the double post, but my issue is no longer happening. hope you got yours fixed man

Mi17 tail rotor axis is messed up with the main rotor axis in some lods at least (observed with binocs), resulting in tail rotor spinning around the chopper.

CIT ticket created.

On some occasions in MP (domination) mode I encountered invincible AI men. They just refuse to die even though I emptied an entire clip on him at close range. Also on some occasions I can stand next to an AI men (static defense - tripod) and I do not get detected.

My biggest annoyance in MP so far is the rubber banding where both vehicles and men snap from position to position. I can basically only hit something when the vehicle or men stands still otherwise it it is just a lucky shot and hoping I hit something. Wasted a lot of ammo on this and get killed because of it.

Edited by B00tsy
edited unit type

You'll mainly get invincible AI if you shoot a paratrooper during landing (in the transition phase between hanging on the chute and "getting ready" on the ground) but I also encountered it on other occasions from time to time.

---------

So far I didn't found much bugs and the most annoying one is the "ammobox" one in MP which I really hope gets fixed ASAP!

I also noticed a couple of smaller bugs (not related to 1.52 directly) with some models but they in no way hamper the gameplay. Infact it's just for the eye-candy but some are already there since ArmA2 and I'm wondering why this didn't got fixed so far. Anyways I wanted to mention them so there's at least a chance to get them fixed as nobody seems to have noticed them during the testing phase. ;)

1: Both Czech Mi-17 have a strange fragment at the engine-housing if viewed from behind which disappears if you look from the side.

mb01.jpg

2: Both UH-1H have an abnormality at the lower part of the models left side. This anomaly will disappear if you get closer to the helicopters.

mb02.jpg

3: The Mi-24 models have a similar anomaly (since ArmA2) like the UH-1Hs.

mb03a.jpg

4: Since ArmA2 there are still parts of the tires of the landing gear of the C-130J looking through their housings (both sides) if retracted.

mb04.jpg

As said it's just eye-candy but it would be nice if these small issues could also be adressed in one of the next patches.

OA 1.52

1. UH-60M Tail Wing animation does not modulate during flight. Its supposed to transition from down to horizontal during as the helo pickes up speed. Nothing happens at any speed.

2. UAV either does not have enough power to lift off at the shorter airstrip or its the length of that run way. And of course AI flying the UAV. Worthless.

Don't know if this is a bug but playing the "Jackal" scenario on regular difficulty, you can crawl your way up "through" the guards, and actually crawl right between their legs without being detected. As long as your prone you won't get spotted, they just move around you as you crawl your way in or out of there... Haven't tried any other mission yet, lack of time. This on AO steam 1.52

In campaign I often kill enemy and they fall down as if dead but then stand up and put their hands on head as if surrendering.

I'm not sure whether other players has point the Rock bugs.Many rocks in Takistan, especially the big ones, can cause the player and AI bound up and down repeatedly if you get close or try to step up on them.

I'm not sure whether other players has point the Rock bugs.Many rocks in Takistan, especially the big ones, can cause the player and AI bound up and down repeatedly if you get close or try to step up on them.

I can confirm that. Also If you go prone close to the rock you can look through the rock in scope mode.

This describes an experience in MP on hosted server, as the host, with First Aid Simulation and Battlefield Clearance modules running.

I've had the issue for a long time that you can be shot in a vehicle and be in an agonized state in that vehicle with no way to eject, but in all my previous experiences (on the same map in Arma2 now ported to A2OA) I would eventually bleed out and die. Then Norrin revive would eject me and open the "waiting for revive" dialog. But in OA 1.52.71816 flying the Arma2 Ka-52 I was shot and agonized, landed the helo and never bled out. I decided to let it sit for 10 or 15 minutes to see if it would bleed out over longer period but it never did. Then I suspended the session and the game immediately crashed with an out of memory error.

This is the first time I've ever experienced being agonized in the Ka-52. For all I know this has always happened, even in Arma2. Or maybe the new damage related code isn't recognizing legacy Arma2 vehicles the same way it recognizes A2OA native vehicles. Or some such. But either way, you should eventually bleed out, and it should not crash your game with out of memory error. (I have not found an explanation of the First Aid: Action module so I don't use it. For all I know it fixes this sort of issue...?)

Otherwise I like what they've done with OA and look forward to the main bugs being fixed (e.g. ammo crate MP crash).

Edited by Stick_Hogue