Sign in to follow this  
Spike 21

ARMA 2 OA 1.52 :Bugs

You know, I do wonder how much the devs tested (or hired testers) OA before the release.

Some of the bugs are pretty obvious and easy to discover after just playing for a few hours. The most obvious one is indeed the rock bouncing bug that I encounter after only 10 minutes playing a MP mission.

Not meaning to rant, just wondering out loud.

I don't know if it has been postet before (i'm sick of reading 18 pages), but i noticed a bug with the static weapons.

If you try to assamble a M2 Machine Gun (no minitripod) with a tripod bag and a M2 machinegun bag, you will get a M252 Mortar instead of a M2...

1fst time i thought it was my fault, so i restartet the mission after a short look to the bags, and then :391:

But the Minitripod version works fine.

TWS does not work in the fog. I set the fog at the highest level in this setting as seen by TWS as far as without him. Can not see the soldiers and vehicles that are hidden in the mist.

sorry for english :)

I don't know if this are Bugs but:

1. When it rains you only hear the sound of rain, But you don't see any rain.

2. Smoke grenades don't do anything, You see smoke for 2sec and then it's over.

It is the graphis bug reported for ATI 4800 Series card.

I was having this same problem and I too thought it was frozen. The "fix" is to tweak your draw distance. Either up or down should work.

I also noticed that issue will go away if you use the preset draw distances that you get when you cycle the main "quality" setting. These numbers are all "whole" numbers... ie 1600, 2400, 3600. There might be an issue when the number is manually set with the slider and it is random... ie 1634, 2434, 3698. Just a guess.

On a final note. It would be nice to be able to directly input numbers into the sliders instead of being forced to use the very inaccurate sliders. It doesn't seem possible to get the exact value you want with the slider. I know many game engines and 3d in general likes to work with whole numbers for better performance.

- Shiva OUT

UAV bootcamp tutorial

I load the tutorial, it then tells me to choose between the plane or little bird by walking toward one.

Either way I choose, the next part of the boot camp starts to load and then freezes on a black screen. when I hit escape, the image from the next part of the tutorial shows but when I resume game it goes back to black screen.

Anyone else having this problem?

Several times especially after respawning / team switching, the enemy AI have refused to engage me and i have been unable to meet trigger conditions (ie Blufor present) as if i am set as a captive.

Anyone else experience this ?

QUOTE=jpinard;1670214]* When you place the Mi-8MTV-3 and the Mi-17 in the editor, they start "wheels-up". So when they try to take off they're instantly damaged and/or destroyed.

I have the same bug.

I'm running a french version of ArmaII+OA Combined missions with patch 1.52 and when I play CTI on Takistan as Commander, I can only set the HQ the others buildings are not available.

The same occured with Benny's Warfare and has been soluced. Is there a patch to correct the default missions ?

Thanks

I hope someone important is reading this thread. It's hard to figure out which are bugs and which are complaints.

This is what i have found so far:

1. ATV flips and bounces too much. If i drive downhill and hit a bump or a dip, a will flip! it's insane. I have to drive like my grandma in order to not flip. Even uphill. And we need speed in these maps. Especially takistan. And if i hit a small rock, forget it. And it doesn't just flip it flips and flips and flips. I'm pretty sure it would take some doing for a real atv to flip 12 times driving 40 mph.

1. (a) tanks shouldn't flip (ever) when hitting rocks

2a. Target systems are pretty bad. In a couple ways.

When using a Bradley, I could not get my crew to target anything. I had a t72 in my sights maybe 30 yards away, pushing all target buttons, finally as it got closer, the target box came on, but set as nuetral, not enemy, then a few seconds later it turned red. And if i tell my gunner to fire at him while he is yellow, it always fires below him not hitting him.When it turns red it will hit him. Same thing with soldiers i had a whole enemy squad in front of me, my crew didn't see them and i am pushing the target button and nothing happens. It says "No target". It has no problem targetting friendly units and continuously firing at them even after "hold fire". Why can't my units see the enemy? Seriously, 6 guys in front of me 10-15 yards away, and nobody else in the Bradley can see them. The driver is looking right at them even the gunner. Yet commanding an M1a2 I can push the "target" button and it will reveal a target behind where i am looking, 100 yards away. So it may be more of a Bradley thing, but it seems that my crew just can't recognize any unfriendly units.

The target recognition system especially in the Bradley is not very good at all.

2b. Some vehicles won't target. Pushing reveal target, or whichever button it is, works as a soldier when telling units to target someone. But flying helicopters I noticed it didn't work depending on which weapons are being used. Piloting the Littlebird, when using littlebird, when my rockets were armed, I could get my target box to come up when using "Target", but when i switched to guns, it went away, I can't lock on any target. Rockets are not smart like a hellfire so why does a rocket show a target but guns don't?

I noticed this on other vehicles too. Shouldn't it be across the board for everything? Since i can't say "shoot that guy" to the AI. Pushing "target" should reveal a target no matter what weapon.

2c. I think you should seperate the command "Lock or zoom". Associated with holding down Rmouse button. I can't tell you how many times my gunner has killed my own military because I was trying to zoom in to something. Along with the zoom, my gunner locked on to whatever was in my sights. And if I zoom and look around i might move the mouse over a friendly and it locks him and gunner disentegrates the friendly. And I can't make him stop. "disengage" doesn't work. "hold fire" doesn't work. "stop" doesn't work. All i can do is try to get him to lock onto something else.

It doesn't make sense to use the zoom on the numpad or from the keyboard, because i don't have three hands. and since holding breath button is the second mouse button, and it is the best button to zoom. And you already have the tab or capslock buttons that assigns targets so can't you change that? :)

3. Soldiers should be able to run downhill. period. Instead of making them slow to a walk, you should increase to run speed. Unless they are walking down a 15-20 degree incline/decline they should go fast.

4. Why do we need to pause when stepping off of something high? If i step of a rock or walk of a porch without using the stairs. I stop for at least one second. Once second can get me killed. I don't get it. In real life if i jump from a height of 4 feet, I don't stop and just stand there.

I don't know why there is no JUMP feature in game. Stepping over is ok for small fences but anything other than that is just retarded. Give us a "jump". And maybe instead of that bizarre pause when landing, create a roll type of animation for higher jumps/falls. Maybe from taller heights that cause injury make them fall. or die.

5. PLEASE, fix the driving. It's been a major complaint since arma2 that I know of. Using "s" and "a" to drive is like driving a car with no power steering. You have to hold it down for a second before you start turning and when you let it go, you continue to turn for another second or two before it straightens out. Can't you guys change that. I understand it is kind of realistic like driving a real car, but then you will need to make your streets realistic. There is no room for parking or turning. You have to make a 3 or 4 point turn just to make a right at an intersection. Unless you drive on the sidewalk and into oncoming traffic. Even then you still might hit the building making a turn. You actually have to Push "s" for a second or two before you even go forward so that by the time you do go forward you can actually turn.

Thanks for the excellent work.

With combined ops or OA standalone the Boot Camp parachute missions for both OA and A2 won't allow control over freefall or when the chute is deployed.

If I uninstall OA the freefall and chute control is fine in the A2 Boot camp mission.

This is also effecting scripts in the editor for freefall also. Without OA, A2 freefall is simple enough to trigger and you get the full control over it and when your chute is deployed.

I tried OA on it's own also but the freefall and chute control is non existent in both the editor and with the Boot Camp mission.

I later copied Air2 from A2 into the common folder in OA and got some semblance of control over the chute part of the descent but it was still a little ropey to look at, possibly because it was the unpatched version of A2.

Reinstalling both fresh tonight and will try again.

4. Why do we need to pause when stepping off of something high? If i step of a rock or walk of a porch without using the stairs. I stop for at least one second. Once second can get me killed. I don't get it. In real life if i jump from a height of 4 feet, I don't stop and just stand there.

I don't know why there is no JUMP feature in game. Stepping over is ok for small fences but anything other than that is just retarded. Give us a "jump". And maybe instead of that bizarre pause when landing, create a roll type of animation for higher jumps/falls. Maybe from taller heights that cause injury make them fall. or die.

That is annoying all right (the pause after falling a small drop, This game does not need jump) . Make a bug report on the CIT and put a link back here, people will vote for it.

Edited by -=seany=-

I hope there will never be a jump feature!

At the end everybody's jumping around like in BF2 not to get killed.

NO WAY , THANKS !

:aa:

I hope there will never be a jump feature!

At the end everybody's jumping around like in BF2 not to get killed.

NO WAY , THANKS !

:aa:

dito! Reminds me instantly of COD with tons of bunny hopping teens :P

---------- Post added at 10:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

I am having problems with moving men/troops inside buildings (not sure if this a bug).

I am very happy with this new feature where you can place men on different positions in buildings, but it is not working very well so far.

There is a large building where I want to place some opfor men inside. The building has 23 different positions inside where you can order the men to go. When I order (waypoint) the men (no group) to move inside all to a different position they all end up at the same position, while I ordered them to all to different positions in the building.

When I try it with 2 men it works most of the time, but when I order more men and especially at the same time in the building at different positions it gets messed up and they end up all at the same spot... and some times not even in the building , but in front of the building.

Takistan 066099: small flying rock, ~1.7m above the ground.

If I place "Graves(undercover)" from the Takastani locals group on any map, whether as player or AI controlled, the game will CTD when in preview mode when I use the scroll wheel on the mouse.

Any server I play on is constantly crashing! Just sick of it!

SecOps: Every time I get an Ambush, it immediately says "UAV reports all vehicles destroyed" and the secop ends.

If I place "Graves(undercover)" from the Takastani locals group on any map, whether as player or AI controlled, the game will CTD when in preview mode when I use the scroll wheel on the mouse.

i'm sorry but was unable to replicate this, do you have anything special mapped the mouse wheel scroll action?

any mods?

---------- Post added at 14:27 ---------- Previous post was at 13:57 ----------

TWS does not work in the fog. I set the fog at the highest level in this setting as seen by TWS as far as without him. Can not see the soldiers and vehicles that are hidden in the mist.

sorry for english :)

fog, mist, snow and rain are cold, water ...

they hamper the visual quality and range of the TI systems

only some of the top notch combined systems today can overcome it (and not fully)

Edited by Dwarden

please take note i went thru all posts in this thread

some are fixed

some are bogus

some aren't bugs

some are mission bugs

some are design decisions

and some are on todo list