Sign in to follow this  
Spike 21

ARMA 2 OA 1.52 :Bugs

Yeah, I've had this happen as well, once you've completed either of the two and then return to choose the other one, it flips out. The game runs REALLY SLOW I eventually did get to a rendered frame of the cockpit of the AH64 (I did the UAV first) once, but then I quit out tried again and found I had to issue a flush command and then it worked fine.

Side note: I like the confirmation text that shows now "Activated Flush", don't remember if that was in ArmA2 or not, if so I don't remember it.

-Seil

Interesting. I'm a bit of a noob, how do I issue a flush command?

For those having the issues with video/controls settings not saving, try running OA as administrator and let us know if you still have the same problem.

---------- Post added at 12:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

Interesting. I'm a bit of a noob, how do I issue a flush command?

Hold "shift" then tap the minus key (-) on the keypad (the one on the right, not the one next to the 0), then type "flush" (without quotations). You won't see any prompt, just keep typing and if it works the game will freeze for a second and you may see a message.

3. Vehicles CANNOT take more than 2 passengers (Tested with Offroad Military Vehicles and Minibus) despite having 6+ seats.

Yesterday I was playing a mission with a few guys, and we had no problem fitting 6 people in the minibus, nor have I had any problems with fitting people into other vehicles.

Might be a mission issue you're having there.

For those having the issues with video/controls settings not saving, try running OA as administrator and let us know if you still have the same problem.

---------- Post added at 12:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

Hold "shift" then tap the minus key (-) on the keypad (the one on the right, not the one next to the 0), then type "flush" (without quotations). You won't see any prompt, just keep typing and if it works the game will freeze for a second and you may see a message.

No joy. Got the "Activated Flush" message, followed by "Receiving...", but the screen stayed black.

The ULB in Death From Above works fine for me, so I'm not sure what's going on.

Right after starting the game i set resolution to 1920 x 1200 but nothing else changed (PP were on normal).

Started editing the controls when i CTD. Reloaded game, did same again, CTD. Again, CTD.

I then inserted world=empty into the start parameters - voila no more crashes. After doing the basic controls i set advanced gfx settings - PP to very low.

No more crashes after that. I suspect PP on normal are pretty heavy on the GPU atm.

WinXP 32bit SP3, GTX260, Nvidia 180.42, 4GB Ram

OA patched to 1.52 (used all my 4 cores up to 70% each)

Edited by ])rStrangelove

Yeah, I've had this happen as well, once you've completed either of the two and then return to choose the other one, it flips out. The game runs REALLY SLOW I eventually did get to a rendered frame of the cockpit of the AH64 (I did the UAV first) once, but then I quit out tried again and found I had to issue a flush command and then it worked fine.

Same here - black screen (but nice music - hehe) after selecting the ULB in the UAV tutorial, press escape, get a shot of the AH64 cockpit, press resume, black screen again. Just read your suggestion re: flush, so will try this next time.

Also found that our old friend the helicopter missile re-arm bug from Arma is still present. In Open Season, I expend all Hellfires, rtb at FARP Winchester, land on the helipad and get refueled/repaired/re-armed, except the Hellfires. Gotta takeoff, hover over to re-arm truck, set down on it and wait a few minutes when I get the "rearming" message on screen as the Hellfires slowly re-arm one-by-one.

I remember having this bug frequently in the venerable Arma Evolution mission and learned the "hover over the re-arm truck" trick there.

Can we finally have a fix for this? ;)

While playing online today I crashed both times I tried to access the ammo box and once had a hard lock requiring a computer restart after someone else in my vicinity opened it.

I have the ammocrate bug as well playing online.

Is anyone out there getting a CTD if you shoot one of the Opfor Takistani Militia?

When using the Simple Support Module and SECOP Manager module together in the editor you can not choose to "accept" the SECOP mission. It shows supply drop instead.

I tried it on three different maps including Utes

I as doing the Armor tutorial, shooting HMG from the tank, noticed that tho the crosshair was on target, the rounds were landing off to the right hand side of the target.

I had a weird bug:

I placed a simple soldier on the "desert" map and wanted to throw a grenade. But the animation of throwing the grenade is played twice. This is not dependant on the type of grenade used. Anyone has this problem, too?

For those having the issues with video/controls settings not saving, try running OA as administrator and let us know if you still have the same problem

I always run as admin and it's happened 4x.

Searched TOW in this thread, came back no hits soooo: US Army static TOW launcher is currently broken. *Edit: *Ok, didn't search "Launcher" and now see such a post... feel free to delete.

The weapon system itself is non-functional. You can still use the optics from the gunners position, but the weapon cannot fire, and doesn't show weapon/ammo in the upper right. Right now it's nothing more than a thermal scope. This occurs placing in the editor, buying in the CTI missions, etc.

Also, the gunner currently sits very high, rather than kneeling and looking into the optics as on the USMC variant, instead floating in a seated pose above the launcher itself.

Looking at the configs, it isn't inheriting properly from the Arma2/stock TOW. (Common folder). If you use addweapon/addmagazine in the editor, works fine. Just using addmagaizine, still non-functional.

Edited by Baron von Beer

On many occasions during the OA part of Boot Camp the instructions tell me to press Space to continue, but this simply brings up the Communications menu and does not advance the mission.

I have discovered that sometimes having the "Gear" box open allows this to work, but in some missions like Driving I'm left stuck in the Hummer with no way to do anything.

Have tried re-mapping the Spacebar, but to no avail.

Any ideas?

R

* Many sounds in the game are quite muted. For example the miniguns on helo's. In ArmA2 they were impressive. In OA it sounds like you have ear mufflers on (though maybe they did that on purpose?).

* My mouse becomes agitated in the main game screens (hard to control). This only happened after I changed some control and gameplay options... and I can't get rid of it now.

Edited by jpinard

flickering hud in helis/planes, brief and intermittent.

I am wondering if this may actually be a game feature. I noticed this in the AH64 in Open Season, after I had taken some hits from enemy rounds and the trouble indicators in the top left corner of the screen start changing colour. After I landed at the FARP for repairs it disappeared until I again started to absorb damage. Not sure if this is exactly what you're seeing though.

2. Could be a bug, rain + thermals produces white artifacting on tops of buildings and down edges of roads

Perhaps that's water. I haven't seen it, so I wouldn't know.

5. Some vehicles DO NOT show passenger heat sigs when AI are sitting in the seats (windows just look black)

That's actually realistic. Heat doesn't go through glass, it actually reflects it. HOWEVER, there is a bug with an MI-24 where you can see through the glass with thermals.

I am wondering if this may actually be a game feature. I noticed this in the AH64 in Open Season, after I had taken some hits from enemy rounds and the trouble indicators in the top left corner of the screen start changing colour. After I landed at the FARP for repairs it disappeared until I again started to absorb damage. Not sure if this is exactly what you're seeing though.

Hmm, hadn't thought of that, though I'm fairly certain I was getting it while undamaged? Will check next time I fly one! For me it's the white hud/sights layout that flickers... same for you? (Incidentally, that mission was a b*tch! ;) )

* Hellfire missiles are not reloaded at the base in the mission: Open Season. When I run out of hellfires after using the uav to kill a few AA targets, I return to base and park the chopper next to the repair truck and the ammo truck. The heli can successfully repair and then rearm ammo for the gun and rockets, but I'm stuck with 0 hellfires and cannot prompt to reload again

In Sandstorm, if you run out of either type of cannon ammo (SABOT or HE) you cannot rearm this type of ammo.

Wouldnt it make more sense to post those bugs in a reproducable envirenment?

Like :

myBug1:System:example mission:video.

eg.

In Sandstorm, if you run out of either type of cannon ammo (SABOT or HE) you cannot rearm this type of ammo.

Tested it on my system, and dont get that problem.

(just tested the latest post for examples sake)

I read all bugs, but some of them sounded like just misuse of the game.

Although i think others were deffo reproducable.

Atm this thread looks more like a sort of hen party, as everyone posts what he just noticed (besides the ctd, as those are well known from earlier versions).

Why dont you use the official community bug tracker.

I am sure your posted bugs will there be considered more.

Edited by Nephris1

In options, controls..

I CTD everytime i try to change the controls.

Game runs fine otherwise. some 25-30FPS all the time.

ArmA2 1.07, OA Patched..

Windows Vista updated

AMD phenom quadcore 2.1

3Gb ram

Nvidia 8800GT (1GB) Latest drivers

EDIT:

Tried with "Run as Admin", dindt work CTD..

Edit2:

I can change controls but if i try with same batch like ALL AIR contr

and press NEXT i CTD..

Edited by Andersson[SWEC]