Sign in to follow this  
SMERSH

Wings of Russia: IL-76

problems with RKSL addons - We are working on this problem...

Gedis - Yes, this is the correct thing, thanks!

Sneaker-78-We have done this a long flight and are glad that you liked it:)

problems with RKSL addons - We are working on this problem...

You can easily fix this by using Official RKSL ArmA2.pbo and inheriting from a predefined aircraft class. eg: Su-34. There is no need to screw with our addons.

If you had actually asked us before release we could have helped you sort it out without you breaking our EULA.

Edited by RKSL-Rock

You can easily fix this by using Official RKSL ArmA2.pbo and inheriting from a predefined aircraft class. eg: Su-34. There is no need to scew with our addons.

If you had actually asked us before release we could have helped you sort it out without you breaking our EULA.

Oooooh snap!

Here's what really confuses me:

Why don't people ask in the first place? Seems like the polite and reasonable thing to do, among many other reasons, and it's not very difficult to do. Especially in an instance were the author(s) of the content in question are well respected and pretty active members around here. It's not like it's hard to find em. :)

It's really quite sad. :(

Next:

What's the deal with people not wanting to use inheritance? There's a few other things that come to mind that won't work with any other Mods/AddOns because the inheritance is all mucked up or not present.

Edited by Manzilla

SMERSH. Good to hear that you are working on the RKSL issue. I highly suggest you do it the way RKSL suggests. Thats the right way to do it when it comes to respecting the EULA and its probably the best practical way.

While Im at it may I also suggest that you start using a TAG? www.ofpec.com/tags

il76

il76loaded

il76moe

il76_MRWreck

If not for this addon atleast for future addons from you. Things like this can brake missions as all it needs is another modmaker to name his IL76 classname to IL76..

The two above issues are very important to have right if an addon are supposed to work with other addons without potential problems.

Theres always things to improve and fix on all addons, but these two basic things are very important.

This addon is very nice and much needed so I beg you to please fix it, my paratroopers needs it!! :)

Uploaded all 3 manuals, here you go:

Soviet airborne sergeant's operation manuals

Includes:

1975 edition manual: part1 and part2;

1989 edition manual: part1.

I like il, but you should explain how to use those attach cargo scripts.

to load cargo:        [this, vehicle player, player] execVM "\il76\scr\attach.sqf"
to unload cargo:      [this, vehicle player, player] execVM "\il76\scr\detach.sqf"
to unload all cargo:  [this, vehicle player, player] execVM "\il76\scr\detachall.sqf"
paratrooper drop:     [this, player] execVM "\il76\scr\paragroup.sqf"

Should i insert these commands into initialization box of cargo vehicle or into IL's init box? What this, vehicle player and player stands for? Maybe vehicle player = cargo, player = Il? Plz explain.

Edited by Gedis

Hi,

I have a little problem with your addon...

Anytime, anywhere I downloded it, the Il76 file is corrupt.

Extracting @WingsRussia\Buttons braking system.jpg OK

Extracting @WingsRussia\redaktor.JPG OK

Extracting @WingsRussia\readme rus.txt OK

Extracting @WingsRussia\readme_eng.txt OK

Extracting @WingsRussia\key\il76.pbo.IL76_sarmat.bisign OK

Extracting @WingsRussia\Addons\rksl-arma2.pbo.rksl.bisign OK

Extracting @WingsRussia\Addons\rksl-radarsys.pbo.rksl.bisign OK

Extracting @WingsRussia\Addons\rksl-system.pbo.rksl.bisign OK

Extracting @WingsRussia\Addons\extended_eventhandlers.pbo OK

Extracting @WingsRussia\Addons\il76.pbo Data error

I tried to decompress it with .7z, WINRAR and WINZIP.

What's wrong...

Thank you,

-Luc-

Edited by -Luc-

This is a truely brilliant mod! thanks a lot for all the effort you and your team have made to give us this fine peace of russian technology! Do you have more paintjobs planned and or other upgrades (not that it needs any)? Does it come in Army colours?

I have a little problem with your addon...

Maybe your system doesnt redownload the file but only tells you that it has downloaded it for you (usualy the system sees you have the requested file allready in the temp. files and offers you to re-save it where you like. You could try a "disk cleanup" run from windows and or delete temp files manualy (if you have admin privalidges) you can type: "cleanmgr" at the "run" commandline > clean the drive and if this does not work go back to run command and type %temp% and delete all files here. hopefully this works

larsiano - Thank you for your kind words.

Work - attending and I hope we'll please you with new birds:)

@larsiano,

believe me, there is no manual converted to english language which would be same as the original(russian) language one... even C.I.A. converted manuals differ a lot.

but there is a sollution, you could split that manual into photos, then use abby finereader program, scan those photos, it would recognize the text from images and it would make those images into text and then you can use any kind of language translator(with mistakes ofcourse) just by copy & pasting the text.

Fox are you using the latest Beta 71382? If so that is the problem. For some unexplained reason it causes a CTD withthe RKSL flares. We are looking into it.

@Everyone else. The version of the RKSL flares and ArmA2.pbo included in this addon breaks the current RKSL addons. Please dont try to use it with our addons.

I think I'm having a similar problem. Basically, this mod causes a crash to desktop when using the Igla AA rocket from the ground--even if the aircraft isn't actually loaded (so I guess it effects flares dropped by any aircraft?). Basically, I crash to the desktop as soon as I draw the rocket launcher.

Does anyone know if this due to this problem, or something else? I've found that deleting the rksl-arma2.pbo file seems to correct it. Just wanted to put that out there if it hadn't alreadyd been mentioned.

Edited by Synthesis

:D Excellent model :D

Just noticed one glitch, when sitting in the gunner seat with an AI from your squad flying the plane the camera moves left or right every so often, I assume this is the AI pilots view projected into the gunner seat somehow.

Also if damage is taken the engines will remain smoked and it will not take off even after repair (won't go above 100 on runway)

Silly request: Can we get a big ass cannon fitted to the front! Nobody seems to want to make the AC130 lol :bounce3:

Edited by Omenkill
Added detail

Can you please do 2 things

A- make the AN-225 :D if its anything as good as this then i think you'll be hailed as the best modder in history

B- make a civilian version...just cos i want you to :)

A- make the AN-225 :D if its anything as good as this then i think you'll be hailed as the best modder in history

THIS

I hate to think what OPFOR would be carrying inside that thing though... The entire Russian airforce?

and where is the key for server? in "key" folder is only a *.bisign file... no *.bikey

---------- Post added at 20:40 ---------- Previous post was at 20:39 ----------

according to file names, archive needs IL76_sarmat.bikey and rksl.bikey ...

This is an amazing plane... Did anyone solve Gedis question about load cargo in the editor?

to load cargo: [this, vehicle player, player] execVM "\il76\scr\attach.sqf"

to unload cargo: [this, vehicle player, player] execVM "\il76\scr\detach.sqf"

to unload all cargo: [this, vehicle player, player] execVM "\il76\scr\detachall.sqf"

paratrooper drop: [this, player] execVM "\il76\scr\paragroup.sqf"

I would also like to know ho to script how to open/close the ramp and doors by script if anyone knows... .)

Can you please do 2 things

B- make a civilian version...just cos i want you to :)

There is already a AN-225 addon, http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12145

Check it out is very well done..!

It is very cool - indeed... - but my real question was how to use these scripts ;)

to load cargo: [this, vehicle player, player] execVM "\il76\scr\attach.sqf"

to unload cargo: [this, vehicle player, player] execVM "\il76\scr\detach.sqf"

to unload all cargo: [this, vehicle player, player] execVM "\il76\scr\detachall.sqf"

paratrooper drop: [this, player] execVM "\il76\scr\paragroup.sqf"