Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2 (OA) : DLC discussion thread

3D editor that allowed us to render and adjust our editor-placements would be too good for its own existence. Sh*t would get real. A 3D editor interacting with the 2D one would shatter everything in a shockwave of awesome.

Also, could we get some logic or something that would help us when placing multiple objects in the editor? For every time I've had to adjust and adjust just to fit a plane into a hangar.

On the OA FAQ pages it was mentioned that AC130 was looked into for future DLC( BUT WASNT CONFIRMED DONT JUMP ON GIF). That'd be cool. But I can see Brits being future DLC whether it is free or paid, or even in a future patch.

Some Cool ideas would be of course be a 3d editor and maybe visitor 4 :p or even latest version of the tool suite to continue making even better community addons

visitor 4, and engine update support takistani caves.. :D

i wish :(

visitor 4' date=' and engine update support takistani caves.. :D

i wish :([/quote']

I wish for those two as well. but also another thing that wasnt confirmed or talked about was that if some content was for a price..what would the price be!? I would imagine prices would be $15-$30USD price range....guess we'll see

New models as DLC would only be mildly interesting to me, but what is much better IMO would be engine optimizations for different systems, like DLC Armor Pack (better rangefinders and armor system) or DLC Chopper Pack (with LOAL, LOBL etc fire modes) or DLC Ships with Frigates etc.

Cheers,

Crusader

Visitor 4 and 3D mission editor would both be very much appreciated further down the line.

New models as DLC would only be mildly interesting to me, but what is much better IMO would be engine optimizations for different systems, like DLC Armor Pack (better rangefinders and armor system) or DLC Chopper Pack (with LOAL, LOBL etc fire modes) or DLC Ships with Frigates etc.

Cheers,

Crusader

The beauty of content based DLC is that it's still compatible with other content packs. An armour system would most likely change the engine or configs, therefore i'd rather see that come in a BIS patch or community mod than as paid for DLC. Mando Missiles and ACE2 both seem to have Hellfires covered nicely.

EDIT: Not meaning to pick apart your post by the way. Those just caught my eye. :P

Edited by Daniel

I'm all for Paid or Free DLC! That's all I gotta say.

I just think the paid DLC's should be a big thing, like people said in the past so I'm not gonna repeat..They should be worth $15 Dollars or so..Nothing crazy.

I'm all for Paid or Free DLC! That's all I gotta say.

I just think the paid DLC's should be a big thing, like people said in the past so I'm not gonna repeat..They should be worth $15 Dollars or so..Nothing crazy.

Yeah or else people will start flippin shizz..Ya gif?

I'm sold for free DLC:p jk...but. I just want to buy visitor 4 alone and i'm set:rolleyes:

You see how creative this is getting! good things for BIS to think about for possible DLC :)

- 3d Editor

- Visitor 4

p.s its a lot more stress free than looking at people moaning and fighting and getting worked up :) more ideas people!! :)

I'm for paid DLC mainly because it provides the developer an incentive to produce "goods", if you will, that the paying consumers want. Now the fine line is figuring out how much people are willing to pay and for the least amount of "goods".

Now I don't mean that in a negative way by any stretch.

You see how creative this is getting! good things for BIS to think about for possible DLC :)

- 3d Editor

- Visitor 4

p.s its a lot more stress free than looking at people moaning and fighting and getting worked up :) more ideas people!! :)

Yes im glad you spoke up..

I would def pay for new factions/countries militarys though some people do not see much need for such.They do need a job. and a job that pays. So why not!?

mrbinkles seems to have the idea i have:cool:

Every friggen time, people go and shoot their mouths off, bitching and moaning about things they are totally clueless about. It's getting extremely annoying. :mad:

Pot, meet kettle. You could stand to shoot your mouth off a little less, yourself, if you're going to be that hostile about someone's differing opinion. How unfortunate that's all it takes to set you off. Do you froth at the mouth during PC vs Mac debates too?

If you're the one that'll happily hand over yet more cash after paying 2 full retail installments for 1 finished retail game and 1 expansion pack after beta testing it for 8-9 months, who is really the clueless one?

If there is good to be seen in the principle of paying for DLC, then I'm not seeing it. If anyone cares to enlighten me without being emo or a smartass about it, I will be more than happy to listen to them.

If there is good to be seen in the principle of paying for DLC, then I'm not seeing it. If anyone cares to enlighten me without being emo or a smartass about it, I will be more than happy to listen to them.

Sure. You get significant amounts of new content and features, professionally designed and implemented by BIS, potentially implementing stuff we'd all love to see but otherwise wouldn't, for a low price. The alternative is waiting years and years for a new ArmA with only the odd minor thing released for free if you're lucky.

As BIS says:

We've always given a lot of content to our community for free, however, we would like to see if there is interest from our users to fund development of higher quality and more complex packages. Fundamentally, the situation of the PC market in general, and sales of our products in particular, limits our ability to produce new content funded by the income from sales of the core game alone, as we have done in the past.

There is no alternative to paying for DLC, not anything of a significant quantity/quality. BIS cannot afford to just make us complex stuff for free, and nor should they. Either you want that stuff and pay for it, or you don't get it at all. It's that simple.

Edited by Lhowon

I would kill for fast ropes.

:P the question is :P would you pay for them? :confused:

@Lhowon your post is spot on! We either buy it or it doesnt get made in the first place or we get it in a game few years down the line that we have to buy anyways...

Another thing good for DLC would be a AAR module. :confused: although that would be pretty neat might only be allowed for Military

What would you expect from an AAR module?

Let's just wait and see what they release and then decide whether or not to bitch and complain.

/thread

(lol)

um. Hi. I do not like paying for DLC. Bi is bad developer, im never buy again.

:rolleyes:

but yeah, pretty much /thread

I will gladly support BIS if they release high quality substantial DLC, such as maps and certain vehicles/units that interest me.

I doubt I'd shell out for random country expansions though, as those don't particularly interest me, even though I see their purpose.

Honestly, I hope they put the most effort into the patches, so that most of those "No" responses in the Q&A become reversed.

will buy DLC content especially if it includes advances to AI and engine capability.

Ok let me list what type of DLC I will purchase:

- new factions (infantry+weapons+vehicles+map) with it's own missions/campaign.

- AAR !!!!

its been said by a few others now, but i definately prefer the idea of going down to my local EB store and picking up a British Army pack along with an ADF pack, now i know there are quite a few mods out there that add those and many more, but i prefer offical addons due to the ease of use and installation. I still remember having to do the old mod juggling in OpFlash to see which mods were compatible with which etc.

Plus after also buying VBS2 and using the ADF and British units from that, i just knw that they would be of extremely high quaility.

here's my suggestion.

This game has a dedicated fan base, which is absolutely capable of building content. What they are not capable of is to change the program, which could be definitely improved.

So work on the program: build more quality, more features, and more documentation. Make the experience of using the game more pleasant, be it playing, editing or modding, and sell it for a higher price. I would pay a higher price for a better AI, no (well, at least less) crashes, and some more features.

As an option, some rules can be defined to create some "official community content", made by the community but distributed by BIS for free.

if i could get a "blackshark" quality aircraft I would buy them.:yay:.. which means they will have to have two models... a free one.. low quality and a paid one...very high quality. This will get tricky. Otherwise it may splinter the fans too much across different packs... Most ppl like playing on-line and if I get an object no one else can see or shoot at, then it will not be via-able. If BIS are talking about whole mod packs.... well that is how I currently see OA. Which I have already pre-ordered.

Edited by gonk