Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. 2 - v1.2 stable (Advanced Combat Environment)

I apologize for such a question! but how to use Gas mask, Balaklava, .......... ?:confused: in version (368) its work good! and new (369) dont have((

I know that it is written here:

where self-interaction menu?)

The default key is the windows key i think, but look here to find/set your self-interaction key.

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\userconfig\ACE\ace_keys.hpp

// Interaction

class ace_sys_interaction {

class Interaction_Menu {

key = 220; // win l

shift = 0;

};

class Self_Interaction_Menu {

key = 221; // app

shift = 0;

};

};

I am having troubles with the NVG-brightness-setting-feature of ACE2. It seems that with recent versions (from last three weeks or so, sorry for not being more precise) I can not reach the maximum brightness with the NVG anymore. As an example I made these screenshots:

NVG_0.jpg

ACE2-NVG 0%

NVG_100.jpg

ACE2-NVG 100%

The next one is the one for comparison. It was made right after the other two. It is with the standard NVG-auto-brightness...I assume :confused:. I seem to be able to re-enable this by turning off the NVG and quickly turning them on again.

NVG_standart.jpg

Max. brightness with standard auto-brightness

All of these were made with following versions:

ARMA2-Beta 1.05.71548

@ACE 368

@ACEX 248

@ACEX_SM 44

@CBA 103

I use six-updater. In addition I used the ace-zeus-ai mod.

Can this be fixed or is it a feature/more realistic?? If it is a feature how can I change it myself so that the NVG reach the same brightness levels as the auto-brightness??

thanks for any help

EDIT: BTW: also thanks a lot for your work. It makes ARMA2 much better. And I will still keep using it even if this can't be solved :)

Edited by rosentorf
praise ;)

I hope it is intended and stays, default NVG's are far too effective.

I assumed something like that. I have no idea if anything is realistic or not. If it is only me who wants the brighter NVG, I hope someone will tell me how to fix it for myself. Can't be that hard right?

EDIT: Also...does a less bright NVG affect AI too in a way, that they can see as less good?

If it is only me who wants the brighter NVG, I hope someone will tell me how to fix it for myself. Can't be that hard right?

Turn up the Gamma level in the video options. ;)

It's a pain but it's a quick fix if you need it brighter.

You are not alone, rosentorf, I do hope to have brighter nvg. :-)

---------- Post added at 09:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

By the way, it seems ai does not affected by darkness, they can still shoot me at long distance without wearing nvg.

Anyone know how I can give my squad members mp5SD and gasmask in the editor?

Turn up the Gamma level in the video options. ;)

It's a pain but it's a quick fix if you need it brighter.

yeah but there has to be a more elegant way of achieving this:

I have just now played with some values in the ace_sys_nvg.pbo:

MAX_APERTURE and MIN_APERTURE.

Original Values:

MAX_APERTURE = 25

MIN_APERTURE = 2

It seems to me if MIN_APERTURE is smaller then I get brighter NVG. I have played around a little with them but I am not sure of what I am doing. I was hoping one of the ACE2 Devs could shed some light on this? E.g. what should I set these Values to, if I want vanilla NVG effectiveness?

Also it messed with the percentage indicator. Suddenly min was -5% and max was 95%. I will try more later on. But maybe someone has already tried to do something like this.

Hopefully the ACE2 Team does not object to a discussion of these topics in this thread. If so let me know and I create a thread just for this.

Don't worry too much about it. In a few days (with OA) we will at least have NVGs that can't be used to sight with. Then what ACE has to do if they still wants brightness control, is to add a much smaller circle so as to limit the FOV to about 40° instead of the 80° we currently get. Let's see how popular NVGs become then :p Finally some drawbacks to them, and not only benefits.

Although when I first found out about the brightness it was annoying, however with some practise it is manageable and it does open up a pathway for a more advanced NVG being available

http://vimeo.com/4532787

Edited by DaveP

Speaking of nvgs, why is it that my gasmask is disabled when I press N?

Anyone know how I can give my squad members mp5SD and gasmask in the editor?

Yes, many people know how and have explained this so many times that I'm amazed people still need to ask when it's quicker to use the Search feature and find it.

Search the other ACE2 stable/milestone release threads using the "Search this Thread" feature. It's just below the page numbers on the top right of each thread.

To use the gas masks and other headgear you need to add your ArmA2 profile info to the ace_clientside_config.hpp file in the userconfig\ACE folder.

Adding weapons? C'mon that's been answered so many times since OFP came out that it's impossible to count.

Yes, it's not the actual answer but I'm too lazy to answer these when they've been covered a thousand times each. Here's the search results for you. You can sort through the results.

Add weapons:

http://forums.bistudio.com/search.php?searchid=988734&pp=25&page=8

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=76641&highlight=addweapon

Gasmask:

http://forums.bistudio.com/search.php?searchid=988744

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1527587&highlight=gas+mask#post1527587

Also this is the official info/documentation site, almost everything you could wonder about is mentioned there:

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Documentation

Enjoy, good luck and take care!

---------- Post added at 08:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 AM ----------

Speaking of nvgs, why is it that my gasmask is disabled when I press N?

Did you figure it out? Good question though, I've never noticed that before. No idea why that happens and whether it's intended or not.

Check the documentation site anyways, it rocks! There's just too much fun s&%t ACE2 brings to the table.

Enjoy.

Hi,

How can i set up the Sling Loading Feature of ACE2 to a Chopper?

I have full access to the config. I looked in the Wagn, but it isnt described.

Is it a similar code like the one for adding the Fastroping (which is in the Wagn)?

Thanks for all you work.

Btw: ACE2 is Awesome. Cant wait to play ACE with OA. :cool:

Best regards

The default key is the windows key i think, but look here to find/set your self-interaction key.

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\userconfig\ACE\ace_keys.hpp

I've got ingame the interaction menu up (See pic) but I can't so anything after that! I can't choose anything and the mouse cursor that appears does nothing. (I have earplugs and tactical glasses in my gear)

How do I get this to work? (as right now me and my beloved SAW are apart..she keeps making me deaf..lol)

arma22010-06-2015-31-21-06.jpg

@MOnkMan

You need to edit your profilename into:

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\userconfig\ACE\ace_clientside_config.hpp

Your profile name goes here:

/*//////////////////////////////////////////////

//CONFIG SETTING FOR : ACE 2 MOD - Changeable glasses ingame

//--------------------

//FEATURES: Lets you choose different glasses

//---------

//TO ENABLE: Please ADD your Player Profile Name

//----------

//EXAMPLE:

//--------

//class Identity

//{

// name = "John Doe";

//};

//

//

//

//

////////--E D I T below THIS LINE--//////////*/

class Identity {

name = "YourProfileName";

};

I've got ingame the interaction menu up (See pic) but I can't so anything after that! I can't choose anything and the mouse cursor that appears does nothing. (I have earplugs and tactical glasses in my gear)

How do I get this to work? (as right now me and my beloved SAW are apart..she keeps making me deaf..lol)

I just answered that 2 posts above this one. Well, I gave the location to the answer and made it a piece of cake to find.

Everything you could ask about is in that last link I posted above.

Here's the link again:

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Documentation

Check it out, it's a great resource. The Alt-Wiki rocks for info as well.

Good luck, enjoy and take care.

Edited by Manzilla

Guys you are great...I mean just fantastic.

DOH!... (Guess who forgot to alter his name in .config)

Yes I was using another character name, so I choose my original character name. (one which is already in the .config file) and Hey Presto!! It now works.

This little lesson in humility reminds me that sometimes being smart & having common sense, rarely go hand in hand!

LOL Thanks guys! :)

Hmm isnt NVG´s working as before?

Put em on (now by cl Interaction), then clik interactiona again and

turn up the brightness?

Is that all changed..Havent tested yet?

Thanks a ton!

My pleasure.

It's such an awesome Mod that everyone needs to enjoy this masterpiece.(And it keeps getting better.)